The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-27-2017, 03:58 PM
Nobility

I didn’t like the coat as I don’t think it really flatters her, but from what I could see, the dress underneath was very pretty and a classic design.

Old 11-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Courtier

I really like her dress--I personally like green a lot and the style is very classic and unfussy.

a full length picture of the dress--
https://www.farfetch.com/shopping/wo...89913519741952

Old 11-27-2017, 05:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very elegant, good outfit. A great start to her journey and life as a future Duchess.

And I'm so glad she didn't wear these blasted panty hoses.
Old 11-27-2017, 05:34 PM
Majesty

Very nice, I do like it. LOVE the color!

LaRae
Old 11-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Nobility

The belt on the coat looked like it moved or something. She looked nice though. My favorite thing is her smile
Old 11-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Nobility

I love that coat! But I think the bow on the dress (which I also really like) made it look a bit bulky. Still, she looked lovely!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Nobility

I am not crazy about her outfit: the coat is pretty but white should be reserved for the wedding day! Queen Letizia also wore white for the engagement announcement. I just don't understand it. Her heels (too high!) and posture were too"Hollywood" (e.g. Photo) and the hair distracting. The dress' colour was very nice but it was sleeveless. Her body language was slightly patronizing toward Prince Harry. Sorry if I'm a bit harsh!
Old 11-27-2017, 11:48 PM
Courtier

I never heard anyone say white was only for a wedding day before. I guess a lot of my summer wardrobe is wrong,
Old 11-27-2017, 11:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I am not crazy about her outfit: the coat is pretty but white should be reserved for the wedding day! Queen Letizia also wore white for the engagement announcement. I just don't understand it. Her heels (too high!) and posture were too"Hollywood" (e.g. Photo) and the hair distracting. The dress' colour was very nice but it was sleeveless. Her body language was slightly patronizing toward Prince Harry. Sorry if I'm a bit harsh!
I noticed her posture right off the bat in viewing pictures of her today with Harry, that so called Hollywood pose if not something that should be done with Harry. That pose of sticking out the chest is for those on the red carpet who are trying to impress Hollywood and the media. I hope someone points that out to her so that it is not done in the future. Other then that, a great day for Harry and Meghan and they are most certainly in love.......boy does he eyes light up when he sees her....
Old 11-28-2017, 12:05 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by M. Payton View Post
I noticed her posture right off the bat in viewing pictures of her today with Harry, that so called Hollywood pose if not something that should be done with Harry. That pose of sticking out the chest is for those on the red carpet who are trying to impress Hollywood and the media. I hope someone points that out to her so that it is not done in the future. Other then that, a great day for Harry and Meghan and they are most certainly in love.......boy does he eyes light up when he sees her....
If you didn't catch it....the reason for that odd pose is that she was in the middle of turning around (the video shows it) and she only had weight on one foot (if you look closer at the pic you can see from her feet too, that she's in the middle of a turn).

The media just likes to use these awkward poses.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 12:06 AM
Nobility

Well I liked her "posture". I think it was just fine for this occasion and quite refreshing to see. If she does it on official engagements, then I'll perhaps question it.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:10 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile View Post
I never heard anyone say white was only for a wedding day before. I guess a lot of my summer wardrobe is wrong,
Oh, of course not!! I meant that white might not be the best choice for an engagement!!
Old 11-28-2017, 12:37 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Nothing special about her outfit, the coat was unflattering but the mix of the coat color and the dress was nice. Her looks was simple and clean. I loved her pumps.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:29 AM
Majesty

I really liked the coat. Pretty and simple, and perfect in the late fall garden

I would have preferred perhaps a more fitted trench, was thinking Burberry, but still a nice choice.

The simple green dress was a great choice IMO.
Old 11-28-2017, 02:24 AM
Administrator

The ongoing off-topic discussion about Meghan Markle's posture and the couple's interview has been deleted, if you wish to continue the discussion, please do so at their engagement thread. Thank you!
Old 11-28-2017, 02:46 AM
Courtier

I liked the dress and the colour I didn't like the coat at all it looks too big and it wasn't done up properly. It looked sloppy and really did her no justice.
Old 11-28-2017, 08:21 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress was marvellous and the coat super !!!!
Old 11-28-2017, 09:54 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Nothing special about her outfit, the coat was unflattering but the mix of the coat color and the dress was nice. Her looks was simple and clean. I loved her pumps.

I like the color of the coat, but the tie didn’t work for me. It wasn’t flattering. It looked a bit messy.

The dress was lovely though.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:58 AM
Majesty

If the coat had been more structured and had a bit more weight to it I think it would of worked very well. I didn't care for it as it was.

LaRae
Old 11-28-2017, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Imo she played safe,nothing to be excited about the dress is lovely and her hair looks nice but the coat is unflattering on her..this is her first royal appearance so it's fine to me