The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Majesty

So far her maternity fashion has not impressed me.Some outfits were horrid and some were boring.But,she is pregnant and probably too tired to care about fashion so I'am not going to give her too much of a hard time

Old 01-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

All along I think the error of Victoria's fashion choices has been to go with larger sizes, in lieu of true maternity wear, which is tailored entirely differently. Maybe her growing size will force her to select maternity fashion in 2012, and we may see improvement, one can only hope!

Old 01-01-2012, 09:28 PM
Heir Apparent

She's due when - in March? - so she's going to have to hurry and step up improved maternity fashions really soon!
Old 01-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patra View Post
All along I think the error of Victoria's fashion choices has been to go with larger sizes, in lieu of true maternity wear, which is tailored entirely differently. Maybe her growing size will force her to select maternity fashion in 2012, and we may see improvement, one can only hope!
For me Victoria has given me more respect for maternity wear. Maybe there are some other ladies out there who are pregnant and look at Victoria and go and run to the maternity section so as not to look like Victoria.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 01-09-2012, 05:38 AM
Administrator

Victoria during a reception for the Swedish Junior Ice Hockey team at the Royal Palace
in Stockholm on January 7, wearing one of her favourite maternity looks - a black dress:

** Side view ** Part of the front view **
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Majesty

I love the smile in the second picture and the baby-sized hockey jersey. Victoria is simply glowing. I like the long necklace she's wearing to brighten her look a little.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-14-2012, 03:49 AM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria´s tylist Tina Törnquist gave an exclusive interview to Aftonbladet. She says that Victoria wants to use clothes of swedish designers and by doing so to promote them.
Victoria has been in recent years praised by fashion experts.
- It's clear that she understands that clothing plays the role of a princess and that it belongs to the job, says Aftonbladet fashion expert Nina Johansson.
Törnquist says:
- I scan the market and check all brands. I take home those that suit her and fit for the events she'll show up. We have a partnership (from 2008) in which I show, she looks and we try them on. She has an interest, it is ultimately she who should feel that it will be good.
This past year, Victoria is increasingly shown up in the Swedish-designed clothes.
- We have tried it. There is a willingness by the Crown Princess to wear swedish. She is always a representative of her country and she is proud to wear swedish when she gets the opportunity to do it, says Tina Törnquist.

Victoria also carries some Danish design. But both the jewelry and clothing is at the first swedish-related.
- It is obvious that it is swedish we look at first. Where can I update myself all the time, says Tina Törnquist.
But she points out that the princess above all must feel comfortable in the clothes she wears.
- There are so many great swedish brands today and it is important that we show them. But the clothes should suit her well and she should be able to feel comfortable in them.
Kvinnan bakom Vickans succé | Sofis mode | Aftonbladet
Old 01-14-2012, 08:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for posting the interview summary of Tina Tornquist regarding CP Victoria's fashion styling- I like that they go to such lengths to patronize and highlight the talents of Swedish designers.
Old 01-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Crown Princess Victoria visited the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna today, January 19,
2012, looking wonderful, round and healthy , wearing a dark outfit including a recycled jacket
with brooch.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
Old 01-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower

Crown Princess Victoria visited the Astrid Lindgren Children's hospital in Solna today, January 19,
2012, looking wonderful, round and healthy , wearing a dark outfit including a recycled jacket
with brooch.

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **
She looks very nice here (her hair isn't great but I don't blame her for going low fuss at this point)

She also looks like she's due very soon. I assume that's why she skipped the ruby jubilee gala in Denmark?
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Courtier

She is glowing. I like her outfit, although it's black, but it's no tent
Old 01-19-2012, 12:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think CP Victoria looks cute- and I'm digging the dark crimson nail polish too- that's a racy departure for her!
Old 01-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Serene Highness

Crown princess Victoria looks nice in this outfit and does anyone have better views of her baby bump?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Majesty

She looks great. I like the slacks and the flower along with the necklace brighten the look.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm sticking with my Valentines Day baby prediction! She looks great, just wish it wasn't black.
Old 01-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Heir Apparent

At least she didn't have a house dress on this time... she looks okay heree no thing special which is a shame and I am sure she's glowing and happy and so on but her dress choices IMO during this pregnancy have been less than good less than average IMO.
Old 01-20-2012, 01:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Victoria looked great yesterday, this outfit suits her.
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...1/Bild-127.png
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...1/Bild-315.png
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...1/Bild-414.png

Today Victoria and Daniel visited the headquarters of Rädda Barnen - Save the children. She looked good today also, she looks very healthy and happy.
http://www.rb.se/SiteCollectionImage...ild_rb_470.jpg
Old 01-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Majesty

She does look terrific. So healthy and happy. I think that black seems to predominate in Scandinavia fashion wise at the moment, so wearing it while pregnant is not great push.

But here's the question for all those who are disappointed, or just plain dislike all of Victoria's maternity wear. If she always dressed in a functional way except on gala occasion, whatever make you all think she would follow the maternity style of Princesses like Mary and Marie who are known fashionistas?
Old 01-21-2012, 07:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like everything but the bow on the jacket.
Old 01-22-2012, 06:56 PM
Gentry

I like the second outfit she wore. Goodness she looks like she's ready to pop anytime.

Tags
crown princess victoria, crown princess victoria's maternity fashion, maternity style, pregnancy style, princess victoria, princess victoria maternity style, princess victoria pregnancy style