Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she looks amazing. Great colour, love the dress style and the hat is very chic, reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.

I think she looks amazing. Great colour, love the dress style and the hat is very chic, reminiscent of Jackie Kennedy.

That's what I thought as well. Very elegant look for Victoria.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Really stunning I just love the hair up and the pillbox

C.P. Victoria, husband and Estelle all looked wonderful.

Victoria's ensemble for her nephew, Prince Nicolas, Baptism was absolutely superb. It was elegant and uncluttered and the colour was fabulous on her. I loved the fact that her (somewhat large) pillbox hat was perfectly centred and the diamond drops in her ears sparkled off the family order.

That is one of the best maternity ensembles I have seen so far.

Courtesy of LadyFinn:

http://media.shootitlive.com/IpOA3xs12S7CTxqqJQt6uTV5XTm/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/4012

Victoria looks wonderful! She looks elegant and chic. I love the color and hat.

Understated elegance! How appropriate that a crown princess wears regal purple. Absolute perfection from head to toe..

IMO her maternity fashion is much better this time than with Estelle.

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of the dress nor the pillbox. But the colour looks really great on Victoria. Estelle, on the other hand, was the best dressed guest today, IMO :p

I'm afraid I'm not a fan of the dress nor the pillbox. But the colour looks really great on Victoria.

Yes, I love the deep rich purple of the dress.
The dress is nice but very wrinkled in front, which always detracts from the overall effect.

I don't care for the hat, and the hair is too severe and doesn't soften her features.

She does look lovely but I'd love to see her with her hair down in a softer style. Why does she always wear it up?
Victoria has a fine sense of "occasion", and this was Madeleine and Chris's day. Wearing it down would have distracted attention from the reason for the occasion. As to why she always wears it up? Well that is her choice and it works for her job.

Because if she wore it down people would say why doesn't she wear it up .. As Kate gets.
I think it's her look and no doubt is easier to look after
You only have to look at the disaster that was Sofia's hair (or Catherines on any given day) to recognise why Victoria would never wear her hair down on a formal occasion. Sofia inadvertently illustrated the problems of long hair at formal occasions when her hair became tangled in her Royal Order. Shades of Catherine and the Nizam necklace.

Last edited:
Beautiful outfit bu the dress needed more give because it was too short when she sat down love the sleeves, color and neckline and pockets and I imagine it was a silk satin. Possibly a slight change in fabric would have worked Better for a sitting occasion

Victoria looks stunning. I love the 1960s feel (thanks to the pillbox) of her outfit.

On Tuesday, delivering the Sustainable Leadership Prize. Looking good in this H&M jacket. Since I love dark colours in the autumn and winter and I love booties, this is working for me.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

The jacket is from H&M. I love how she combines H&M and Valentino.
Product Detail | H&M SE

Today, attending at the autumn meeting of WWF. Great dress, she looks fabulous. Good to see the ponytail.

I don't like either outfits. The print is terrible on the dress.

Victoria's wins my Best Dressed of the Day for there christening outfit. I wonderful case of restrained elegance. The only criticism is the pillbox is a tad too big.

I like the look of Victoria's outfit but the fit was really off IMO. It appeared to be too small. There is probably quite a few weeks between fitting/purchasing an item and wearing of that item to such a high profile event and babies don't take that into consideration when they are growing!!!.

Very similar but not identical to a dress Princess Sofia wore recently. I think it was her visit to Varmland. This black and white pattern seems to be trending now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I love the sweater...that is very cute. The black dress..it's just a black dress.

The print dress reminds me of the one Kate wore recently....meh. Not a fan of either. I like the style of the dress but not the print pattern.

LaRae

The christening outfit is lovely! :flowers:

The print dress is most unflattering on her!

Victoria's christening outfit was so lovely. The color and style really suited her. I think she was the best dressed of the day.

As for yesterday and today's outfits, not feeling either one. The pattern on today's dress is way too busy.

I don't love either of the latest two outfits. I particularly don't like her make up with printed outfit. She's glowing and obviously happy but I think she needs a pop of colour with a brighter lipstick.

Didn't like the outfit yesterday, but the dress she wore today was lovely. Plus, she was so beautiful! This pregnancy really suits her, making her face glowing!

She looks lovely in that dress - I don't mind opaque tights with dresses and they must be warmer!! So far, I'm liking her maternity clothes.

Love the dress, loathe the heavy, dense black tights and OMG, booties! That's a soft floaty feminine dress that calls for nude hose and court or flat shoes. Instead, we have a 'look' so dark, heavy, and dense that it's not easy to see where the tights end and the shapeless booties begin. It has created a heavy and clumpy look.

This photo of Victoria seated, showing just the top view, gives the same soft, floaty, feminine effect the designer intended. What a shame that 'look' doesn't carry through to the shoes.

Last edited:
I loved the opaque tights and shoes. I think she did a good job translating a summery dress for the fall. Very stylish!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom