Crown Princess Victoria's Maternity Fashion: August 2011 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Both dresses that Victoria has worn for the Nobel events are pretty but my favourite is the blue sequined dress: nice style, very regal, Victoria was really beautiful and elegant.

Normally I'm not keen on such dresses, but I found the blue sequined dress just fab looking on Victoria! That was really glammy and midnight blue looked wonderful on her. Then of course the great jewelry... :wub:

Second dress was okay and pretty, not at all bad, IMO.

I don't like the Birger dress - very boring design.

I didn't care for the Birger dress; the trim was dull and it was too much black with the opaque shiny stockings. A lighter shade of hose would have made those lovely shoes pop out.

I totally agree with you, Baroness. The shine on those awful stockings nearly blinded me! Back to the bland and boring ponytail... *sigh*

Don't like that black dress at all. In the first picture I thought 'Oh well, yet another tent'. But it seems to have at least some shape. Still I don't like the pockets.

At least the black dress fits. She needs to take down the hems for the maternity day dresses. And that awful hosiery!!!

Does anyone have any close-up pictures of her hair on Saturday?

Her hair is more like a work of sculpture and I love those jeweled hairpins; the Swedish royal ladies always win the "tiara hair" award hands down!

Last edited:
So who designed it? Victoria sewed this dress in her free time? I was pretty sure that it was Saab, his designs always suit CP.

Totally agree with you, Patra. She should start wearing real maternity dresses now (not tents!), instead of trying to get away with regular clothes in larger sizes. There are many lovely maternity styles out there that she could choose from..

The black & white design looks much better than all black and I agree about the hiked-up front, it looks ridiculous. Doesnt happen with proper maternity dresses, instead of "large" dresses.

Crown Princess Victoria received the Christmas trees for the Royal Palace today, December 15,
wearing a black dress. I'm not a fan of the necklace itself but in this case it's a good colourful
highlight for the dark look.

** Full view ** Upper part **

The only thing I like about the outfit is the red and black combination. Not too crazy about the necklace, but the addition of the color looks great. Her smile, as usual makes up for whatever fashion misses she may have.

She needs to step it up a bit and start wearing some color!! The big clunky necklace does not replace an outfit with some style and color. Time for some wardrobe updating!

Perhaps she thinks it is slimming...Unfortunately, all it does is call attention to the fact that she is indeed large at this stage of her pregnancy. She isn't due until March if I remember correctly. She also needs to look into wearing real maternity dresses instead of just larger clothes...

Crown Princess Victoria received the Christmas trees for the Royal Palace today, December 15,
wearing a black dress. I'm not a fan of the necklace itself but in this case it's a good colourctualful
highlight for the dark look.

** Full view ** Upper part **

I actually like C Princess Victoria's Look today- her hemline is STRAIGHT, great pumps, and the quirky necklace!

:previous: Indeed it is! She has a maternity dress in black so like it or not, as with her early months, it looks like black is going to dominate the rest of her pregnancy.

Never mind, I hope she goes for colourful accessories. But apart from that, she looks happy so really, who cares?

I love Princess Victoria but her maternity fashion choice is a disaster.
Those tent,dark,mini dresses are all wrong.What I dislike the most is that her outfits are too short.
I have to say that she has the ugliest maternity wardrobe I have seen on a royal woman.
Recently,I have only liked the blue sequined gala dress paired with a nice hairdo and beautiful make-up.

Ebba von Sydow, who has written a book of royal fashion, writes at her blog that the designer of Victoria´s blue sequin Nobel dress is Pär Engsheden, who designed also her wedding and engagement annoucement dresses.
Mannen bakom klänningen | Ebbas Blogg | svt.se

The dress was very well made, it looked very couture and could've easily passed for Elie Saab (its as my first thought it could've been him). It's nice to know she went for a Swedish designer rather than a foreign.

Ebba von Sydow, who has written a book of royal fashion, writes at her blog that the designer of Victoria´s blue sequin Nobel dress is Pär Engsheden, who designed also her wedding and engagement annoucement dresses.
Mannen bakom klänningen | Ebbas Blogg | svt.se
thanks for the info on the dress! I don't really remember the engagement dress but this and the wedding dress suit her.
Wish the designer could whip up a few day dresses for her now that she is in the home stretch. Hopefully, she will use them again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom