The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

I would guess the dress is likely sleeveless, and she is wearing the denim shirt like a jacket almost over the dress. Its common enough.

For a casual outfit I find it nice. I like the print of the dress and the denim top even is nice enough. But I guess I come from the home of the Canadian tuxedo

Old 07-04-2016, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Charlotte at the Longines Paris Eiffel Jumping on July 2 wearing a printed skirt (or dress!) combined with a denim blouse:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Lovely summer look! The style suits her well.

Old 07-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlotte Casiraghi's Fashion and Style Part 4: April 2015 -

Love the skirt. ( or is it a dress?) The denim spoils this and I don't think the shoes work well with this look.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-05-2016, 06:37 AM
Serene Highness

I like the denim shirt with the skirt it looks casual and comfortable . The shoes are not working with this look a nice pair of sandals or wedges would have been better.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:46 AM
Heir Apparent

I, too, strangely enough, like the look. I think that that boho long skirt doesn't simply go with the denim and the shoes...
Old 07-05-2016, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent

An odd outfit .. but then redemption .. those shoes I love them and wish they were mine !!!!
Old 07-06-2016, 04:12 AM
Administrator

Charlotte attended the Vogue Foundation Gala as part of the Paris Fashion Week yesterday, July 5, wearing a gold floral dress.

She reminds me of Roman gladiators, I don't like it:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 07-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Too mucht happen in that dress..God she has a lovely face, a lovely body, a simple dress would be a perfect choice for her...
Old 07-06-2016, 07:04 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Charlotte attended the Vogue Foundation Gala as part of the Paris Fashion Week yesterday, July 5, wearing a gold floral dress.

She reminds me of Roman gladiators, I don't like it:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Close up **
I think she's doing her "professional" thing - these OTT dresses tend to happen when at these occasions. Otherwise, when left to herself, she tends to err towards the simpler styles - more in fitting with her private persona.

If you look at her face in the first two pictures I think she looks uncomfortable - I think she knows it doesn't really work for her. Her mother has a bigger personality - she would have carried it off even if people didn't like it. Charlotte looks like she's playing dress up.

You're right Iceflower - my first thought was the love child of a gladiator and Dracula!

Yet having said all that, I kind of like it!!!! 😛
Old 07-06-2016, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Ugh..terrible dress. She is such a pretty girl...she doesn't seem to have a consistent sense for what looks good.

LaRae
Old 07-06-2016, 11:50 AM
Serene Highness

If you notice the expressions of the people around her, they say it all.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Royal Highness

I actually like it. It's a Vogue dinner. This is not the place for your basic cookie cutter, princessy dress.
Old 07-06-2016, 02:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Very different for her .. but I love it the bag is very cute .. she looks great IMO
Old 07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

I think the choice of dress was perfect for a vogue event. The dress itself isn't bad but would only be appropriate for such a high fashion event. She looked good!
Old 07-06-2016, 02:26 PM
Courtier

Personally, I would have preferred more dramatic make up to go with the dress.
Old 07-06-2016, 04:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Agree about the makeup needing to be more pronounced. This dress is more costume and dominates her.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 07-06-2016, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of Charlotte's latest dress, for some reason it reminds me a little of a gladiator costume. I also agree with those about the makeup, it almost looks like she has nothing on her but for a fashion event, something a bit more would've been better.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of Charlotte's latest dress, for some reason it reminds me a little of a gladiator costume. .
Yes - that's what I thought - love child of a gladiator and Dracula - but I still like it. Can't help thinking less of the black tulle stuff might have worked better.
Old 07-06-2016, 11:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes it is shocking and looks almost like a gladiator costume for Halloween but honestly what I like about it. Charlotte for the most part knows how to dress for an event. This is a Vogue event for a showcase of contemporary design. It called for something bold or dramatic. I think she just needed to step up the makeup to match.
Old 07-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Royal Highness

According to HOLA Charlotte had some problems with her dress when trying to get out of the car...

¡Ella también es humana! Carlota Casiraghi y los problemas de llevar un vestido tan original

¡Ella también es humana! Carlota Casiraghi y los problemas de llevar un vestido tan original

She's also human, claims the magazine about the fact of Charlotte's original dress giving her a hard time when steping out of the car...

Tags
charlotte casiraghi, charlotte casiraghi daytime fashion, charlotte casiraghi dresses, charlotte casiraghi eveningwear, charlotte casiraghi fashion, charlotte casiraghi outfits, charlotte casiraghi style, royal fashion