Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, Fashion and Style: October 2003 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hardly recognize Alexandra! I like the little bit of the dress that we can see.

I agree on the make up but I like what I see of the dress and coat.

It's pretty. My only kvetch is that I would not do patch pockets with lace. Especially in that thick-ish jacket fabric, it overwhelms the lace. But that's a minor kvetch. :flowers:

Last edited:
Her outfit is nice (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra looked nice. (..)

Countess Alexandra at her son's confirmation today, April 1, wearing a lace dress combined with a jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part **

That is some very heavy make up which unfortunately just ages her. The outfit itself is very beautiful although for someone so slight the jacket overwhelms.

:previous: yeah unfortunate may be too kind.

Looks good with the coat, but without oh my :eek:

Looks like a totally see through dress and wears a white braw abd black garter belt under :ohmy:

I think Alexandra looks good today - like the lace dress. Maybe would have been better without the key hole detail in the neckline

I think she is wearing the same feather fascinator that she also wore to Nikolai's confirmation

I like the mandarin collar and color. The lining or shape wear is bad.

(..) is that black underwear coming through the dress? Nice dress and jacket in ant case

Oh my gosh....I didn't see the picture without the jacket. WHAT was she thinking. I always felt she was so put together and natural (..)

Please stay on topic of this thread, which is fashion only! Thank you!

(..) is that black underwear coming through the dress? Nice dress and jacket in ant case
Looks like the top of her tights. I guess if you are a former royal, that is how you dress to appear before the Queen!

Last edited:
I think the out fit looks ok with the jacket , but with out , its not great to tight .

I think she looks nice tis must be a tough time for her and frankly being in the back row at such an event while the 2 nd wife take centre stage with hubby and your son and her kiddies .. well I think she must be some woman... I agree about her makeup but otherwise the colour is lovely on her.

I think she looks nice tis must be a tough time for her and frankly being in the back row at such an event while the 2 nd wife take centre stage with hubby and your son and her kiddies .. well I think she must be some woman... I agree about her makeup but otherwise the colour is lovely on her.

She was only in the second row for one of the photographs, in all of the others she was very much front and centre.

o my God, what a mess the styling of the countess - and a cross on the necklace. it is better to keep the mouth shut about that stylish desaster. the countess is a strong and clever woman - no more comment.

:previous: Yes, those shoes are horrid with that dress. :eek:

Thank goodness my eyes are on the Countess's beautiful son Nikolai rather than her unattractive and inappropriate shoe wear.:cool:;)

Last edited:
She looks too young to have a grown son.

Nonetheless, it is prince Joachim who is the younger parent (48, so not that young either); the countess celebrated her 53th birthday 2 months ago...

As much as I've always been fond of Countess Alexandra I must say that her fabulous sense of style as a Princess hasn't made the transition to a "mere" Countess very well.

Sorry but I think her outfit and shoes more than OK !

As much as I've always been fond of Countess Alexandra I must say that her fabulous sense of style as a Princess hasn't made the transition to a "mere" Countess very well.

I am sorry to agree. I found her one of the most consistently stylish women during her brief time as a Royal spouse, but after she was "liberated" from the constraints of dressing like a Royal she seems to have gone a bit off the rails.

Although still quite beautiful, she is not a 25 year old anymore but appears determined to dress like one for as long as possible. :ermm:

Back
Top Bottom