Books About Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamanttiara

City
Heidesheim
Country
Germany
Hello everybody,

I heard about a book on the most beautyful royal weddings in the world, but I don´t know the exact title and if it´s released yet. Does anybody know something about that. A friend told me, that it´s written in english an german.

Your´s diamanttiara

Hello everybody,

I heard about a book on the most beautyful royal weddings in the world, but I don´t know the exact title and if it´s released yet. Does anybody know something about that. A friend told me, that it´s written in english an german.

Your´s diamanttiara

Dear Diamanttiara, I just bought the book "Royal Weddings" which is a brand new release. I am sure it must be the one you are looking for, since it is the onliest about royal weddings I have heard about. A huge compilation of the best royal weddings from Queen Victoria, Grace Kelly, Juan Carlos and Sofia, Máxima and many others - with lots of marvellous pictures and illustrations and interesting background information. It's in German and English - you will love it! I already know how I will spent my weekend!!

"Royal Weddings"

Royal Weddings
Edited by von Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior

including weddings from:
UK
Denmark
Norway
Sweden
Spain
Japan
and others

Size: 23.5 x 29.5 cm / 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 in.
168 pp., Hardcover with jacket
125 color and 57 b/w photographs
Text in English and German
€ 35 $ 45 £ 25 Can.$ 55 SFR 60
Europe: June 2008
Overseas: July 2008
ISBN 978-3-8327-9252-7

© Royal Weddings edited by Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior, published by teNeues in June 2008, € 35, teNeues Publishing Group, Photo © getty images.

Photograph of the book cover posted with the written permission of the teNeues Publishing Group

Attachments

• Cover_Royal_Weddings.jpg
    Cover_Royal_Weddings.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,159
I bought this book today and it's simply marvellous. Lots of photos that I have never seen before and many background information. Did you know, for example, that Alfred Hitchcock's wedding present to Grace Kelly was a shower curtain? It also shows many beautiful details such as the menu of the wedding of Felipe and Letizia or the invitation to the wedding of Maxima and Willem-Alexander. And the most fun images are those of the Crown Prince couple of Brunei. I will have a great weekend, I am sure!

Excellent, Warren! I had no idea this book was coming out. Thanks!

I've preordered it from Amazon. From what everyone's saying, it looks as though it's well worth it.

That´s the book I was looking for

"I bought the book yesterday. It´s really great. The fotos are phantastic and show some really private moments backstage. And - though I think I`m an expert on royal concerns - I found lots of details I didn´t know. The japanese couple wasn´t alloud to eat the whole wedding day for example. And on some stories I really had to cry a little bit. There´s an excerpt from the after-dinner speech Haakon held on his wedding and I think it´s the most romantic weddingspeech I ever heard of."

Well, we've received an e-mail from the publisher of this book at the TRF e-mail account. I assume she won't mind having the cover of the book included in the post since it was in the e-mail.

This magnificent volume will fascinate all interested by lavish indulgence fit for a king!
This richly illustrated volume offers a unique impression of the most spectacular royal weddings!

Today we would like to present our new title Royal Weddings!

Nothing surpasses the pageantry of a royal wedding. Pomp and ritual combine in a spectacle few can resist. That mingling of personal charisma, age-old institutions, and contemporary mores is enough to intrigue the most hardened of hearts! These royal unions embody the hopes, dreams and characteristics of nations as distinct as Sweden, Japan and Spain. Comprehensive text and stunning pictures chronicle the fascinating details that make these state celebrations of personal commitment so unique and memorable.

image001-1.jpg

Royal Weddings
edited by Friederike Haedecke & Julia Melchior
published by teNeues in June 2008

Size: 23.5 x 29.5 cm / 9 1/2 x 11 3/4 in.
168 pp., Hardcover with jacket
125 color and 57 b/w photographs
Text in English and German
€ 35 $ 45 £ 25 Can.$ 55 SFR 60
Europe: June 2008
Overseas: July 2008
ISBN 978-3-8327-9252-7

Last edited:
Point de Vue new book about royal weddings

Title: Mariages de légende
de Francois Billaut
Editions L'Express
5 novembre 2009

http://www.amazon.fr/Mariages-l%C3%A9gende-Fran%C3%A7ois-Billaut/dp/284343663X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1258104434&sr=1-1

Books on British Royal Weddings historical & contemporary

1. Five Gold Rings: A Royal Wedding Souvenir Album, From Queen Victoria to Queen Elizabeth II, published by Royal Collection Publications, 2007
A very lovely compact book with wonderful photos and paintings, enhanced by fascinating details and anecdotes in brief text nuggets.

2. Royal Wedding: The Souvenir Album, by Alison James, Danaan Books, 2018
An updated rundown of British royal family weddings from Queen Elizabeth II & Prince Philip, to Prince Harry & Meghan Markle. It's an oversize book with full-page color photos (b&w of QEII & Pip, and David & Wallis), and introductory text with details and anecdotes surrounding each wedding.

3. Harry & Meghan: The Royal Wedding Album, by Halima Sadat with a foreword by Brian Hoey, Sterling New York, 2018
This is a lovely book with wonderful photographs and a fairly decent text. However, the book includes at least one blatant error declaring that Meghan's mother Doria decided as a young adult "to move to the Golden State to seek her fortune ... with the advent of the hippies and flower power, California was the place to be." That's pure fiction/ fanciful supposition. :ermm: Meghan's mother was born in Cleveland, Ohio in 1956, and her family soon after her birth migrated across country to California. Meghan's Uncle Joseph (Doria's older half-brother) relayed this to Daily Mail. And as well, Meghan once spoke about it in a public service ad sponsored by USA Network.

4. Harry & Meghan: An Invitation to the Royal Wedding, by Angela Peel, with a foreword by Tim Ewart, Carlton Books, 2018
I enjoyed this book, but it also contains some errors as likely researched from the Internet. This book was put together before the royal wedding in May. It provides some background on the early lives of Meghan and Harry, and includes information on the plans for the upcoming wedding, with nice color pictures. Some premises are a bit overdone, but it's a nice book overall. At the end, there's also a brief nod to Princess Eugenie & Jack Brooksbank's engagement and planned nuptials.

5. Harry & Meghan: The Royal Wedding Album, by Angela Peel, 2018
Peel came out with another book post-wedding. I have not seen a copy of this book yet. And it's quite confusing because of its exact same title as the Halima Sadat book.

6. Harry & Meghan: The Wedding Album, by Robert Jobson, 2018
I haven't seen a copy of this book yet either. And again, the title is so similar to two of the other books on the same subject. This book costs a hefty $37.00 though, much more expensive comparatively. Plus, it's not available at my local library.

Last edited:
William & Catherine: Their Romance and Royal wedding in Photographs by David Elliot Cohen and Robert Jobson

Back
Top Bottom