The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Royal Highness

A photographic portrait of Albert to celebrate his 5 years as monarch has been published
Link

Its captions shouldn't stop you purchasing if you are unable to speak French as its full of photos documenting Albert's appearances at various functions and meeting other royals and famous folk. Charlene also appears in several photos from recent months. It's right up to date with the last photo being the official engagement to Charlene

Old 08-09-2010, 08:00 PM

The Fan Club book is on Ebook now. It's not fictional or biographical on Charlotte. It's about talking about Charlotte, more like this than about Charlotte herself. It's a collection of interviews and essay.

Old 11-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have Dans les jardins des Grimaldi?
Livre : Dans les jardins des Grimaldi. Jean-Baptiste Leroux - 9782842779900
A book about the gardens of the Grimaldi residences.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Royal Highness

I don't own a copy but I have looked at it is a bookshop. From what I recall it is more of a coffee table book with some very nice photos & some text.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Courtier

Book about Charlene and the other princesses of Monaco:
CotePerso - CharlÈne et ces drÔles de dames de monaco
Old 12-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Book about Charlene and the other princesses of Monaco:
CotePerso - CharlÈne et ces drÔles de dames de monaco
Thank you for posting - Does anyone know if this is largely text or picture based? I can't find any further details & I'm also assuming it isnt a bilingual publication
Old 01-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Aristocracy

"My Book of Flowers" by Princess Grace of Monaco with Gwen Robyns

Does anybody else own this? I'm so glad Princess Grace wrote this. Even though it is not an autobiography, it does give a lot of insight into her love of flowers, art, folklore and culture.

Plus, the flower arrangements she included in it are so beautiful! I'm constantly getting it off the shelf for that reason alone.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes I do I bought it when it first was publish and strange that you should be asking about it as I just put it out on the coffee table after a very lond time of sittting on the book shelf. Is there something you want to know am happy to help if I can.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertie5252003 View Post
Yes I do I bought it when it first was publish and strange that you should be asking about it as I just put it out on the coffee table after a very lond time of sittting on the book shelf. Is there something you want to know am happy to help if I can.
I already own a copy of the book. I just wanted to be able to discuss it with other Princess Grace fans!
Old 01-03-2011, 02:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh well talk away ........ it is one of my all time favourites purchased it when it first came out and still press flowers in the manner she suggested though am not manic about it as I was when I first bought it. I always loved everything she did, wore and so this was just amazing to me.
Love the book and am pleased it has been ressurected from the back of the boook shelf and it is so weird you should bring it up after all this time.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:42 PM
Nobility

“La beauté comme une arme”

Author: Tasha de Vasconcelos

Editeur : MICHEL LAFON
13 janvier 2011
Langue : Français

http://www.amazon.fr/beaut%C3%A9-comme-une-arme/dp/2749913489/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1294857463&sr=8-1
Old 05-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

I really wish someone would scan Princess Grace's flower collages in this book. (None of the Princess Grace/Grace Kelly fansites have the scans, let alone mention the book. Which ticks me off. Plus, it relates back to her Princess duties and Monaco legacy, so one would think someone somewhere would have scanned them already.)

(I don't own a scanner otherwise I would.)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:00 AM
Courtier

After the wedding let's have a NEW UP-T0-DATE BOOK!

Why are there NO current up-to-date books on this family? I had a look at AMAZON.UK/COM and the last book written about the family was years ago (except Grace). I hope there will be a NEW bio in English after the couple are married. I thought I saw a recent new book on the couple but I must have been mistaken!

Amazon.com: Monaco's Wild Child: Princess Stephanie First Ever Biography (9781903906347): Valentina Artsrunik: Books

The Ruling House of Monaco: The Story of a Tragic Dynasty: Amazon.co.uk: John Glatt: Books

Amazon.com: The Royal House of Monaco: Dynasty of Glamour, Tragedy and Scandal (9780312969110): John Glatt: Books

Amazon.com: The Grimaldis of Monaco (9780688088378): Anne Edwards: Books
Old 06-09-2011, 04:43 PM
Royal Highness

Yes I agree with you angieuk. As I have posted before, it's way overdue for a biography on Caroline, but I cannot see her agreeing to an official biography right now. You'd probably have to be quite brave to publish an unofficial one given her reputation for seeing off the press in court. Although there are several biographies of Rainier & Albert in French, I guess publishers do not feel that they would sell sufficient copies to publish in English. However, I did expect when Rainier died there might have been something published - his only official biography appeared back in the 60s. The only recent bilingual publication I have found which isn't just a photographic book is "From Albert I to AlbertI I by Tuna Aksoy Koprulu - but it still has a rather limited text content.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Courtier

Well hopefully, with this marriage only 3 weeks away now a new chapter will emerge. I hope this means a NEW BOOK too. 2011/2012 Albert is now opening a new future in his life with a young wife beside him.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
Courtier

Point de Vue has a history special about the Princesses of Monaco:
CotePerso - Point de vue histoire n°8
Old 09-02-2011, 09:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the best biography of Grace was by George Englund. It was published a couple of years after her death. The author had apparently been in contact with her and while she wanted to write her own autobiography at some point she agreed to contact people and allow them to talk to the author. It wasn;t all tabloid gossip like so many books have been.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGalitzine View Post
I think the best biography of Grace was by George Englund. It was published a couple of years after her death. The author had apparently been in contact with her and while she wanted to write her own autobiography at some point she agreed to contact people and allow them to talk to the author. It wasn;t all tabloid gossip like so many books have been.
It is Steven Englund - & yes I agree it is one of the best and most detailed biographies. The others I rate are Robert Lacey's & Sarah Bradford's accounts, and of course the autorised biography of Gwen Robyns.
Old 02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
Royal Highness

Over on the Princess Grace thread, Newbie JennieN was asking about biographies of Rainier. There is an official authorised biography by Peter Hawkins which was written in 1966 - you could probably get a copy on ABE books or Amazon marketplace - but obviously it only deals with the earlier years of his marriage. In answer to your other questions about Rainier's reported temper, yes I have read that too. In "Rainier & Grace" by Jeffrey Robinson, he recalls an interview with Stephanie when she mentions her dad's anger..."He doesn't stay angry long. But his voice changes & it gets pretty scarey for a few minutes. Then he calms down and he's a sweet little ***** cat. Still when he keeps growling, it's best to keep out of his way..." There's a few more sentences in that vein.
As to your other questions about Grace's alleged affairs with some of her leading men, well that is pretty widely reported in both biographies & TV interviews, but I personally think some writers have exaggerated & dwelt obsessively on this.

Just noticed the asterix above - it wasn't a rude word in the context quoted!
Old 02-17-2012, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Hollywood contemporaries of Grace (according to my mother) used to make comment about knowing Grace before she became a virgin.