The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Library

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Heir Apparent

"Mary - Princess with Style" by Jan Körner & Jim Lyngvild (2006)

A new book came out recently in Denmark - "Mary Prinsesse med stil" (Mary, Princess with Style) by Jan Körner & Jim Lyngvild. It alledgedly details her transformation from the girl next door to Crown Princess of Denmark fashionwise.

According to the text on the book/about the book in the internet bookstore, there are interviews with her hairdresser and her stylist.

http://www.bogguide.dk/find_boeger_bog.asp?_UNR=1469222

Old 11-03-2006, 08:18 AM
Commoner

I do not understand why some people like to know about this "transformation", I mean everyone with enough money could tranform herself too...

I prefer a lot of things Princess Mathilde who had Class and regal look ALL her life!

Old 11-03-2006, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

I'm amazed that they managed to fill a whole book about Mary's transformation. I don't think these types of books should come out now. They would probably be of more value later down the road.

Mathilde came from aristocratic backgrounds and had the financial means to look classy and regal all her life.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:38 PM
Aristocracy

No matter how stupid this book must be it contains many nice closeups and pictures of the Princess without watermarks... I think it is a must to every Mary-fan!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:44 PM
Courtier

I like the picture on the cover...
Old 11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

It's a right royal faux pas
By Phillip Koch
October 29, 2006

PRINCESS Mary is renowned around the world for her sense of style, but yesterday she made an fashion faux pas of the worst kind. Full article and source
Old 11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Courtier

I don't see how this is Mary's fashion faux pas....
Christina Applegate and Rachel Griffiths wore this dress in the States and to the same function. Mary wore this dress in Denmark to the Danish Refugee Council... I think it would have been a faux pas if all three of them had been at the same event wearing the same dress...But they weren't. And then to blame this supposed faux pas on Mary's second pregnancy... I swear these tabloids don't know what to invent or hark on next. Just my opinion.

Thanks Dazzling for the article!
Old 11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Nobility

I agree too Rachel- i can't see how this is a problem for Mary- she didn't wear the dress with any celebs around and she looked amazing in it.. Go Mary. Back to the book I would love to see it. I really enjoy reading about fashion not just current but through the years.
Old 11-08-2006, 07:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Has anyone read the book yet? What are your thoughts?
Old 11-21-2006, 03:58 PM
Aristocracy

Bought the book today and I have read it already. As it is not a nobel winner it has other qualities such as many nice pictures and first hand information from Mary's stylist and hairdresser. I like the fact that the book credits Alexandra for beeing the inspiration for Mary in the beginning - it's nice as it seems that Alexandra is already forgotten in Denmark...

Old 04-03-2008, 11:33 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Mary, Princess with Style has recently come out in Australia (in English!) So recent, that my local Borders hadn't even shelved it before I asked for it For the $40 that it was, I'd say it's a good book - like a previous poster said it has really nice full A4 page pictures, and nice closeups of Mary's shoes, jewels, etc.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

where i can find it to buy?, i live in the US
Old 04-04-2008, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Ashelen, you could try DVD Orchard, Chaos or Big W Entertainment. I know that Borders Australia carries the book, as does Angus & Robertson. Borders doesn't have an online shop, A&R does but it's not on there.
Old 04-04-2008, 01:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks, Jess. I completely forgot about this book, and I may still be interested in adding it to my library. However, is it a "fluff" book? Hence filled with images and not a lot of deep content? Rather, does it "read" like a magazine or a true book?
Old 04-04-2008, 01:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Ashelen, you could try DVD Orchard, Chaos or Big W Entertainment. I know that Borders Australia carries the book, as does Angus & Robertson. Borders doesn't have an online shop, A&R does but it's not on there.
thank you so much, i will try
Old 04-04-2008, 08:22 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
Thanks, Jess. I completely forgot about this book, and I may still be interested in adding it to my library. However, is it a "fluff" book? Hence filled with images and not a lot of deep content? Rather, does it "read" like a magazine or a true book?
GT, I haven't had a chance to actually read the book yet - all I had time to do was flick through and look at the pictures on the way home from the shopping centre before I had to return around an hour later to go to work! I'll try and read parts tomorrow and post my opinion regarding the "fluffyness" of it.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:43 AM
Gentry

I am in Australia as well, and have just purchased the book. I guess it is a bit fluffy from what I have read so far, but the pictures are beautiful.

My only disappointment - there aren't enough of Mary's off duty/casual clothes. I love this aspect of Royalty, seeing how they put together their everyday outfits.

Does anyone know of a picture book about Mary which has more off duty photots?

Many thanks.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
where i can find it to buy?, i live in the US
I just checked Amazon.com and they don't have it listed. I guess we wait.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:07 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenw View Post
....I guess it is a bit fluffy from what I have read so far, but the pictures are beautiful....
I have to agree with you on that Helen. There really isn't much new information regarding Mary that we don't already know. The main thing that I found new was listing of designers of hats and things like that that we didn't know - there are bits and pieces from Mary's personal stylist (Anya Camilla) and hairstylish (Soren), and lots of lovely pictures. One thing I didn't know regarding Mary's wedding bouquet, is that apparently the ribbon that held the flowers together had a metal ring at the bottom, that had M&F's monogram and their wedding date on it I haven't been able to find a good enough picture to actually see the ring though
Old 04-05-2008, 09:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

where do you find a very good personal stylist here in the US? anyones knows?