Prince Carl Philip's Education/Work in Photography and Design

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The title basically says that CP did an internship with (world/nature) photographer Mattias Klum and this man says that CP is a great guy to work with. He never complains. I couldn't read the rest of the article since the text was too small

Does anyone know if Prince Carl Philip's book of photographs is for sale? and
where may one buy it?

Some photo´s was in the last magazine in germany on national geographics

towzer12 said:
Does anyone know if Prince Carl Philip's book of photographs is for sale? and where may one buy it?
The exhibition only opened today, so this far I think the only place to buy it is the Museum Gustavianum, where the exhibition takes place. I don't know if it will be on sale in regular book shops later, but I guess so. Perhaps you can then order it online via Bokus webshop, or you could always contact the museum and ask them if it's possible for them to send you a copy via mail. You can find the museum's website here (there's an email address at the bottom of the page).

I was fortunate to attend the press viewing yesterday, so you can see some of my own pictures and a little resumé of my impressions of the exhibition in my blog here.

29-05-2007
Prince Carl Philip plats a tree outside the museum prior to the opening of the Prince photo exhibition 'A glimpse of paradise' at the museum Gustavianum in Uppsala, Sweden, May 29, 2007. Pince Carl Philip's photos has been photographed in the Botanical Garden in Uppsala is displayed at the Museum Gustavianum as part of the 300 years anniversary of the birth of Swedish botanist Carl von Linne

Picture

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 15.2.2008

Yesterday Carl Philip was in Liege, Belgium, at the opening
of a exhibition of photographs, in case I got it right of his
own ones.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Pics 27.3.2009

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has designed the CPB 2091 line of silver
cutlery for Swedish company Mema/GAB. The Prince studied design
at the Rhode Island School of Design and the Forsberg School in
Sweden. He is now walking in the footsteps of his late great uncle
Sigvard Bernadotte, who was an internationally renowned designer.
Stockholm, Sweden, March 27, 2009

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Do you -or anybody else- know if the profit they make by selling it as the work of the prince (which it is of course) will go to charity or to the owners of the company?

If I remember correctly, also his uncle Sigvard designed a famous cutlery set...

Blimey, 100 euros for 1 spoon, not even the entire set? I suppose they are of real silver?

Blimey, 100 euros for 1 spoon, not even the entire set? I suppose they are of real silver?
He he he Yes- it´s silver! One hundred Euros for ONE PIECE!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
1200 Euros if you want a decent dinner:flowers:

Well, if that dinner includes the prince I suppose that is a reasonable amount of money, but for the set of tablewear a bit above my budget sadly ;).

Anyway, it is nice to see that the prince is using his education as a graphic designer.

:lol: Twelve pieces of the knife and fork´s an the Prince himself please :flowers:
More info here:
http://www.swedishroyalwedding.blogspot.com/

Well, if that dinner includes the prince I suppose that is a reasonable amount of money, but for the set of tablewear a bit above my budget sadly ;).

Anyway, it is nice to see that the prince is using his education as a graphic designer.

According to one of the press information packs on the Mema/GAB website, it costs 999 Swedish kroner for a set of 5 cutlery pieces (knife, fork, spoon, dessert spoon and coffee spoon). So roughly 95 Euros...not as bad as 100 Euro for one piece! :D

For silver the price is reasonable.
However...if he would go deeper into this and would make CPB a brand, I´d expect him to make a decision. Accepting an apanage and earning money on his prince title is a no-go in my book...and not just in mine...

Video of the prince at the presention
Expressen.tv - Inrikes - se TV på expressen.se

Well, at least we know what he'll be getting his sister as a wedding present! ;-)

It's a nice-looking design. If it's 95 euros per placesetting, that's a very good price for silver. I wonder if it will be available in the United States.

Ikea has now a pontencial new desinger...

:lol: indeed it does. He's so attractive and the fact that he can design something we use on a daily basis makes him infinitely more appealing.

Wouldn't it be lovely if the silver that Carl Philip designed were to be used at Victoria and Daniel's wedding?

I think that would be amazing.

i think it's admirable of him to be defined not only as a prince but as someone who have other aspects to his personality....and if he comes with the cutlery set..then i'll pay that 100 euros..hehehe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom