Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just one thing to add on all the comments concerning Daniel:
Maybe his health issues raised a bit of concern, too. Just my 2 Cents ...:flowers:

It seems as though CP "has it bad" for Sofia. They've been a couple a long time. Sofia has been invited to many important family events, and those invitations have to come from the King and Queen. Perhaps they have gotten to know her well and are fond of her. They saw Madeleine have her heart broken by a faithless fiance. They saw Victoria stand strongly with Daniel for many years, and they have seen their happy marriage (and yes, their exceedingly adorable daughter!).

It certainly looks as though they have come to terms with the prospect of having Sofia in the family. And if that is so, then whatever any of us thinks is meaningless in general, and mean-spirited in some cases. Relax! Enjoy the engagement and marriage of two good-looking young people, if that's where this is headed. Whatever Sofia's past was, it seems that it is the past to her sweetheart and to her future inlaws.

But it also reflects on the relationship between the king and prince Daniel, and hints that the king doesn't like Daniel, since he didn't get the same treatment.
That a young man who has a blameless past, who has worked hard from when he was a youngster and has never sought the media attention, was treated so much worse than Sofia with a very questionable past, one can not understand it.
It also raises the question of the relationship of the king and Victoria. The king said that being a regent isn't a suitable job for a woman...

I dont think the King's actions necessarily show that he doesnt like Daniel. Its possible that this would have happened to anyone who dated the eldest daughter of a king. Even for 'normal' people, eg I am the youngest of 3, my brother and sister had to fight with my parents about so many issues that werent even mentioned when came of the same age. I think the King is a man's man of the old generation and Daniel is not really his cup of tea in that respect, but I believe that the difficulties are more between CG and Victoria (very patronizing, controlling about his eldest daughter & heiress) than between CG and Daniel himself.

I dont think the King's actions necessarily show that he doesnt like Daniel. Its possible that this would have happened to anyone who dated the eldest daughter of a king. Even for 'normal' people, eg I am the youngest of 3, my brother and sister had to fight with my parents about so many issues that werent even mentioned when came of the same age. I think the King is a man's man of the old generation and Daniel is not really his cup of tea in that respect, but I believe that the difficulties are more between CG and Victoria (very patronizing, controlling about his eldest daughter & heiress) than between CG and Daniel himself.

Even though if it would be about Daniel being the boyfriend of the future queen (I don't believe it is), the king should not make as clear difference with Sofia and Daniel, Emma and even Jonas. These three had everyone lived a respectable life and found good careers and the king makes it look like he doesn't respect that at all by the way he treated them, by not allowing them to attend at official events or be treated as a member of the king's family like Sofia clearly is. All principles of the king have vanished and he gives a sign that just when young women have pretty faces, they can do almost anything and be treated better than those who have worked hard.
It is clear that Carl Philip is the king's favourite child and because of that Sofia gets different treatment. I just wish that the king and the queen had done the same for Daniel, Emma and Jonas.

Sofias past is shady and her present shallow; She doesn't work, she only knows how to please men - an CG is very easy to please in that way, as is common knowledge.

I know no other royal bride who had such a questionable past and such a meaningless present, who got accepted in a royal family.

I dont think the King's actions necessarily show that he doesnt like Daniel. ... I think the King is a man's man of the old generation and Daniel is not really his cup of tea in that respect, but I believe that the difficulties are more between CG and Victoria (very patronizing, controlling about his eldest daughter & heiress) than between CG and Daniel himself.

I share these views to a large extent, particularly the last sentence. Looking at some pictures in detail, I perceived on several occasions a sort of feeling of uneasiness between CG & Daniel, eg the way they are greeting each other. I see reasons for this more in some better skills (communication, speaches) of Daniel than the king's own. Also Daniel can appear as an example for the Swedish population, far more than CG. The better popularity scores of V&D, together or separately) must influence the feelings of CG. Daniel's weak point is his health, I don't dare think that CG could take that into account in his judgement.

CG's thoughts could be "I was right to require significant improvements from Daniel, I got them".

I noted however that at the last Nobel celebrations a nice picture of CG and Silvia turning themselves nicely to Daniel & CPh.

It is easy to see that queen Silvia and Daniel have a great and loving relationship, they are very close to eachother. But the king looks always very uncomfortable with Daniel and during the years Victoria and Daniel have been married I have seen only one or two photos of only the two of them at the photo were they look like they have a normal relationship.

It is easy to see that queen Silvia and Daniel have a great and loving relationship, they are very close to eachother. But the king looks always very uncomfortable with Daniel and during the years Victoria and Daniel have been married I have seen only one or two photos of only the two of them at the photo were they look like they have a normal relationship.

But then CG nearly always looks uncomfortable. He rarily smiles in pictures. So perhaps it is just his way of acting, more than his actual feelings.

But then CG nearly always looks uncomfortable. He rarily smiles in pictures. So perhaps it is just his way of acting, more than his actual feelings.

I agree with you,I was about to say the same thing.
CG looks uncomfortable and cold with everybody else inclunding his wife.
Daniel's reserved personality and CG 's cold personality aren't a good match:D
Silvia's warm personality helps her a lot in her interractions with others.

If Daniel was ill treated by the King,it's a bit silly and hard to hope the same attitude toward his futur son in law or daughter in law :whistling:

There is a lot of speculation going on in this thread. ? It is possible that the differences between the courtships of Madde and Victoria had just as much to do with the personality of their partners. Or, the king sees that CP is kind of drifting. Or, maybe the king is determined to bring about a revolution in hair color because he really thinks women look better in raven-haired locks. ? The point is, we don't know... So are we going to keep rehashing??

There is a lot of speculation going on in this thread. ? It is possible that the differences between the courtships of Madde and Victoria had just as much to do with the personality of their partners. Or, the king sees that CP is kind of drifting. Or, maybe the king is determined to bring about a revolution in hair color because he really thinks women look better in raven-haired locks. ? The point is, we don't know... So are we going to keep rehashing??

:lol: :ROFLMAO:

I love, love, love your comment. And you're right. We should stop rehashing. We simply don't know what's really going on between CG and Daniel. Are they really not very fond of each other or does it just look like it. And it's really unlikely we will ever know because if they really aren't fond of each other they would never admit it in public. We're going around in circles for nothing and are just wasting our time with a discussion about the "what" and "why" between CG and Daniel or any other partner of his kids (current or former).

I dont think that CG is not 'fond' of Daniel, its rather that he just doesnt care. My guess is that CG has mellowed over the years, eg Sofia can do more than Daniel, but IMO that doesnt mean that CG cares about Sofia. IMO he cares about the monarchy and in this respect about Victoria, will avoid any conflicts with his younger children or leaves that to Silvia, and then he cares about himself. Silvia is the one who has the job to keep the family together, including the in-laws. I dont see CG as a family man at all, he is most happy in his old-boys-man's-man network.

:previous: I think CG finds it easier to relate to his son who, until the advernt of Sofia was a playboy after his own image. That is a lifestyle that CG can relate to whereas Daniel is definitely a prime candidate for that somewhat backhanded compliment . . . a SNAG (also known as a sensitive, new-age guy). Not someone with whom CG could easily relate to.

CP is a trendy young version of himself (minus the less salubrious activities) whereas Daniel is (somewhat dauntingly) a self-made man as well as being the man his little girl married.

Double standard? You bet! And it's one that is as old as Adam.

I think CG finds it easier to relate to his son who, until the advernt of Sofia was a playboy after his own image. That is a lifestyle that CG can relate to whereas Daniel is definitely a prime candidate for that somewhat backhanded compliment . . . a SNAG (also known as a sensitive, new-age guy). Not someone with whom CG could easily relate to.
CP is a trendy young version of himself (minus the less salubrious activities) whereas Daniel is (somewhat dauntingly) a self-made man as well as being the man his little girl married.

Fully agree.

See however a nice picture of them!! (sorry it did not work!) The King, Queen, Daniel and CPhilip were nicely smiling to each other.

Last edited:
I don't know whether CP is the King's favourite child, he is though his only son and maybe that is why the King lets Sofia in more as he was trying to protect is daughters in the past but feels less need to protect his son in the same way.

:previous: I think CG finds it easier to relate to his son who, until the advernt of Sofia was a playboy after his own image. That is a lifestyle that CG can relate to whereas Daniel is definitely a prime candidate for that somewhat backhanded compliment . . . a SNAG (also known as a sensitive, new-age guy). Not someone with whom CG could easily relate to.

Hm, I do not see CP as "Playboy", at least not in "love" issues. He had/has 2 Long term girlfriends and I did not hear any rumor about side affairs. Well, maybe the only similarity is, that they both takes their time until it Comes to the "famous question"..... but this may be the reason, that Family of the "public tablet" cannot (or: should not) afford a divorce, so you have to look twice....

But: you are absolutely right, if it Comes to some other Hobbies, such as fast cars. Or fishing. Or hunting. Or sporting.

Bye Bine

Aftonbladet has had for many days on their cover page a link to a video of Sofia at the Paradise Hotel. During the holidays it is quiet in the news front, so they have taken it again to their website.

Svensk Damtidning has asked plastic surgeon Jan Jernbeck to analyze how queen Silvia and Sofia are like two peas in a pod. They had an article at their paper version.
According to the surgeon they are so alike that they could be sisters. The parts of their faces are almost identical. Both their eyes and eyebrows have the same shape. They have high cheekbones. Both have fine, straight noses. Silvia's upper lip is a little longer than Sofia's.
According to the article Carl Philip told in his 18th birthday interview that his mother is the most beautiful woman in the world to him. So it isn't surprising at all that he has chosen a girlfriend identical to his mother. And of course Carl Philip respects Sofia's work for the children.

Is there anything significant about the Älvdalen Church? Royal connection or perhaps Sofia's family worship there?

Svensk Damtidning writes that it's now it never, everything points out to a engagement of Carl Philip and Sofia soon. The Royal Family has hänen Sofia to their hearts. Maybe there will be a wedding at the Älvdalen Church?
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia förlovar sig? | Svensk Damtidning

These talks about engagement started some time ago. But I will be very surprised if they won't announce their engagement this year, after all PR companies and polished Sofia's image.

These talks about engagement started some time ago. But I will be very surprised if they won't announce their engagement this year, after all PR companies and polished Sofia's image.

Svensk Damtidning has written for at least three years that Carl Philip and Sofia will be soon engaged, and nothing has happened...

Svensk Damtidning has written for at least three years that Carl Philip and Sofia will be soon engaged, and nothing has happened...

I have to admit, I also expected something in autumn, but I was wrong.
So maybe during the next 2 months, then a wedding could happen in summer.
BYe Bine

If they do get engaged it will be after the birth of Madeleine and Chris's daughter.

In my opinion, the question is not if they'll announce an engagement, but when.

In my opinion, the Swedish Royal Family will have a great time this years. Princess Madeleine will give birth to her daughter in february, I think Prince Carl Philip and Sofia will get engaged in the spring and get married by the summer. I also think Crown Princess Victoria will announce a pregnancy by the end of the year.

I still wouldn't be surprised if CP and Sofia don't get engaged. Given how divisive she is, with people wanting them to break up or him to give up his position if they marry, I almost think the best position for them to take is to not marry and to simply continue on as is.

I would think it would be a very bad thing to not allow them to be happy. I think if they want to walk down the isle as husband and wife, I think they should be allowed to do so.

Last edited:
What reason is there to believe that they care about being husband and wife? They want to be together, clearly, but not everyone wants to get married - it's increasingly common for people to not do so, especially among celebrity types (which Sofia is in her own right).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom