Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think the palace's PR team have a hand in this as well.

Don't get me started on this palace PR team, they appear to have one of the worst PR departments of all of the royal families. We could probably have a discussion on their hits and misses alone!

But that is just the most odd thing in this all. Daniel, Emma and Jonas had all to be quiet, and the court's personnel didn't speak about them. Daniel, Emma and Jonas had all an impeccable past. They didn't give interviews (Daniel did a couple after four-five years dating to entrepreneurship magazines about his work, he didn't say a word about Victoria) and they couldn't attend at official events of the royal family. The king allowed them to attend his private 60th birthday party, but not the official one. And now the press chef of the court speaks about Sofia and tells how they are helping her. According to the press Sofia pressed Carl Philip so that she could attend Estelle's christening. Sofia is also talking at her interviews freely about Carl Philip.

Last edited:
:previous: Classic examples of seeking fame and more importantly, not being low key.

We should guess and see pictures of you at certain family events but not everything. Hey, even Stephanie (the fiancee of Guillame didn't attend a major event in Luxembourg because they were just engaged!) Autumn Phillips didn't show in an official photo with Queen Elizabeth II until she was engaged! We knew Kate, Chelsy and Daniel had met the royal parent/grandparent but it was all low key until it wasn't.

And why are you talking about your royal boyfriend to press? If you are a royal girlfriend IMO and you feel that you absolutely MUST speak to the press it should be about your charity and thats about it.

Last edited:
Well, perhaps the palace PR team are doing things a bit differently with Sofia. I really didn't expect to see Prince Carl Philip and Princess Madeleine girlfriend and boyfriend attending Crown Princess Victoria & Prince Daniel's baby's christening but they were there. I really don't think they pressed to go but Victoria & Daniel invited them with the kindness of their hearts and knowing how much it would mean to Carl Philip and Madeleine.

Most likely Sofia won't talk too much to the press about her relationship but I think if Carl Philip, the King & Queen and palace didn't like her talking at all to the press, they would've told her so.

I know it's pretty easy to look in from the outside and judge a person but I think things would be different if you were on the inside and getting a chance to know the person on a personal level. I remember looking at the pictures of Carl Philip & Sofia at a concert with Victoria & Daniel and Madeleine & Chris and they all looked so happy and comfortable in each others company. I think just as long as Prince Carl Philip is happy, everything should be okay.

Yeah, the photos of the three couples were really sweet.

I do like Sofia, but I have to admit that I find it odd that she and the Palace PR team are talking so much about the relationship. By speaking to the media, it comes off looking a bit attention seeking, even if that isn't her intention. I think they should just stop commenting on the relationship and put the focus on her charity work.

This might have been answered before, but does Sofia work?

Well said. I also fear that with the possible engagement Sweden may have their own Closer-scandal.
I agree. If they get engaged, those photos will unfortunately be widely published and reported on.

Last edited:
The king decided the guest list of the christening. The way the court (and perhaps the king and the queen) are treating Sofia now, it is so unequal for Daniel.
Of course I hope that Carl Philip will be happy. If Sofia makes him happy, they can be very happy as Mr. and Mrs. Bernadotte.

The king decided the guest list of the christening. The way the court (and perhaps the king and the queen) are treating Sofia now, it is so unequal for Daniel.
Of course I hope that Carl Philip will be happy. If Sofia makes him happy, they can be very happy as Mr. and Mrs. Bernadotte.

Maybe the SRF think that Sophia needs some 'selling' in the eyes of the public, more so than Daniel needed, so they are giving interviews and creating a relatively high profile for her.

Project Playground (Sofia and Frida) are naming every month some person, who has helped them, as the "Project Playground Ambassador of the Month". The first ambassador is swedish mediaperson Calle Schulman.
PROJECT PLAYGROUND AMBASSADOR OF THE MONTH

It's only natural that they were harder to Daniel than to Sofia, because Daniel was involved with the heir and future Queen of Sweden while Sofia is only involved with the spare who has way more possibilities of living a life he wants to live. And not a life traditions and the court is telling him (and his future spouse) to live.

So the only ones we really can compare are the current or former partners of Carl Philip and Madeleine. Victorias former partners and Daniel can only be compared with each other but never really with Sofia, Chris, Emma, Jonas, etc. Because Victoria in her position as Crownprincess is in herself different than her siblings who are "only" normal princes or princesses.

The King & Queen seem to like Sofia. I remember seeing some pictures of the couple vacationing with the King & Queen. I think they were on a boat.

The King & Queen seem to like Sofia. I remember seeing some pictures of the couple vacationing with the King & Queen. I think they were on a boat.
The king for sure likes her, about true feelings of queen Silvia I really doubt. But they are really wise, as caring parents always accept their children's partners.

Last edited:
Finnish violínist Linda Cullberg Lampenius (she lives in Sweden and her husband is a Swede) writes at her blog, that she had a meeting with Project Playground: Sofia, her sister Lina, Frida Vesterberg and doctor Lena Bergqvist on 13th September. They are planning a musical co-operation in 2013. Linda's 3,5 year old daughter Olivia had seen photos of Sofia with Carl Philip, so she wanted to have a little "tiara" at the meeting. And Sofia thought that it was so cute!
At the photo Sofia with Olivia Cullberg
Samarbete med Project Playground | Kurera.se

Linda Cullberg Lampenius has performed many times for the swedish royal family, she has also performed at the "Music at the Royal Palace" -serie. She will play at that serie again on 1st October. The latest performance for king Carl Gustaf and queen Silvia was at World Water Week Prizes. Linda has also played in Monaco for prince Albert.

Last edited:
:previous:

Oh please! It's just a picture of her and three other people smiling into a camera for a group picture because they celebrate their charity project. Nothing else. Don't make it into more than it is because you don't like Sofia. :bang:

I wonder when her own engagement will be announced....

I hope they'll wait until after Madeleine and Chris had their wedding, because I have a very bad feeling with another double engagement.

I hope they'll wait until after Madeleine and Chris had their wedding, because I have a very bad feeling with another double engagement.

I have a bad feeling about Prince Carl Philip marrying Sofia Hellqvist.

I have had the non-pleasure of meeting her and I am not at all convinced she is sincere about her involvment in PP. She seemed more interested in promoting herself as future member of the Swedish Royal Family.

She sported all the bad signs; talking only to the "right" people, turning and smiling in the direction of the cameras and totally ignoring the "unimportant", like two little girls who asked very politely if they could have their picture taken with her.

In addition, her short speach (if you can call it a speach) did not have any substance, very affected to say the least.

Sorry but I am not buying her act.

Thank you for sharing your observations,Thomasine.
I’m afraid that the photo currently chosen by Miss Hellqvist as her facebook profile pic with its ‘Strike the pose’ attitude might not exactly be suited to alleviate any reservations about her either:
http://s9.postimage.org/b70poat27/Hell_Qqvst_Facebook.jpg

I don't know much about Sofia but I think it's obvious that Prince Carl Philip love this young lady and The King & Queen and the rest of the family is fond of her. I remember seeing Carl Philip & Sofia vacationing with their Majesties and Victoria & daniel and Madeleine seems to enjoy her company. I guess there's more to Sofia than her modeling.

I don't know if Carl Philip & Sofia will make it down the isle but if so, I hope they have a happy future together.

It can be very difficult trying to get a chance to know someone by looking in from the outside but I think it matters by getting to know a person by being in the inside. Carl Philip and his family and friends know Sofia on a much more personal bases and I think that is what matters.

I agree Dman. I also think it is possible that CP may be one of those men who goes from one long term relationship to another without feeling the need to ever walk down the aisle, which is a perfectly acceptable and rather enjoyable way to live ones life.

I have read Sofia is now in Africa working on her charity.

I have read Sofia is now in Africa working on her charity.

Sofia went to Langa to attend the 2nd anniversary of Project Playground, she rarely visits Langa nowadays anymore. Frida Vesterberg is running the basic work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom