Press Reports about Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist, Part 2: April 2012 - June 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP is like his father and it shows more and more. He loves fast cars, fast life, party, cheap women (his father was intelligent enough to marry a classy woman though, something that CP is ok to miss out on since he wont be the monarch). I am not suprised to find him in suitations like these at all. Emma was a serious girl and she couldnt keep him from the lifestyle, Sofia is embracing all this so its likely to get worse in the future.

I agree. Sofia is the worst choice.

How long have they been dating....and why did he and his previous girlfriend split up after 10 years?

LaRae

We heard about Sofia for a first time in January 2010. At first no one believed that this is true.
I don't know why he and Emma split. Maybe she wanted wedding and children and he wasn't ready. Pity cause she was really nice girl and whole SRF liked her a lot. I'm glad that she's happy now.

But I am surprised that Baoli did not have some gards at their gate; anyone could enter with whatever bad intentions, knowing that their are some VPIs inside?!
Actually, one of the men in the brawl grabbing Prince Carl Philip's neck happens to be a security guard - Stephane Reveillon, who works for the 'Baoli' club.
Swedish tabloid 'Expressen' interviewed Reveillon who states that the fight actually started when someone inside the club made derogatory comments about Sofia Hellqvist.
Link to article (google-translated):
Google Translate

While I couldn't care less who first starts a fight at some night club in the early morning hours, I continue to find the interview given by the Prince and his current girlfriend totally ill-advised.
If they hadn't deemed it appropriate to talk to a tabloid in order to state their utter innocence and bewilderment at being attacked, nobody would necessarily have felt the call to contradict them, and the whole story would have died down much sooner.
No idea whatever happened to those two very useful words 'No comment' at the Swedish Court.

Last edited:
Sweden is probably one of the most liberal countries on Earth and has been for decades, maybe a century. Sophia will not be the downfall of the monarchy in Sweden. After all, the King is still the king and his reputation is none too pristine.

When he was with Emma his 'image' was much better. Now, with Sofia he drives fast cars, fights with strangers, works a little. His behavior changed and I blame Sofia and her friends. I'm pretty sure that with other girlfriend he would be different person.

WOW. Did Sofia introduce him to autosports? Don't think so, it has been a passion for sometime now. Lets string him up by his heels anyway, just for the fun of it, along with every other male who enjoys autosports. We can blame it all on Sofia. He gets slugged by strangers outside of a bar at 3 in the morning. Shocking, Lets blame Sofia for that too, she probably hired the strangers just so she would get her name in the papers.:bang: Next I suppose Sofia will be held responsible for Sweden losing the gold medal in Handball.

Of course if you go back and read other threads about people who in recent years dated/married into royal families most if not all were considered unworthy to walk on the same street as their royal partners let alone think themselves good enough to be a potential marriage partner so none of this is exactly new.

Of course there's more to the story I think.. No matter how drunk a person is they don't just start attacking you! They either have been provoked or holding a vendetta against the person. Everyone thinks the attackers started the problem but what if it was Carl Philip who provoked them. I wonder...

Regardless, I can't believe he can't even throw a punch!
Yes they do. And if you are really un-lucky your can get shot.

I simply don't understand this constant sniping about Prince Carl Philip and his life. He completed his education in Agricultural and Rural Management at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp. He is actively involved in the management of two farms, Stenhammar and Ökenäs. He is in a few days coming out with newly designed china. If you have ever been around designers you should know that designing and subsequently following the article throught the production process is lots of work and a long process.

The director of the press and information department of the court, Bertil Ternert today about whether they will make this a police matter:
Ternert: Ännu inget beslut om anmälan | Nyheter | Expressen
Google translation

I simply don't understand this constant sniping about Prince Carl Philip and his life. He completed his education in Agricultural and Rural Management at the Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences in Alnarp. He is actively involved in the management of two farms, Stenhammar and Ökenäs. He is in a few days coming out with newly designed china. If you have ever been around designers you should know that designing and subsequently following the article throught the production process is lots of work and a long process.

He isn't doing this designing alone, he does it with Oscar Kylberg.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow another mess for the Swedish Royals! I really can't believe they did an interview about this! how cheap, and I'm sure it could have implications if they did choose to take legal action/involve the police. Also why come out and say we are totally innocent if you are totally innocent?
I've said it before and I'll say it again - what is going on with the Court's press office? Saying "no comment" would have been much more dignified.
As none of us where there and the video only shows a few select moments of the incident it really is hard to place blame. But as they say - there's no smoke without fire! The way CP insists they were completely innocent just makes me think that actually he's not, afterall no one, no matter how drunk just attacks someone for no reason what so ever.
It always strikes me how different some of the Swedish Royals are from each other - the King and his two yougner children seeming very spoilt, rich and selfish against the Queen, victoria and Daniel seeming very dedicated and down to earth.

afterall no one, no matter how drunk just attacks someone for no reason what so ever.

I would strongly disagree with that. I have witnessed the uprovoked assault of patrons on more than one occasion due to intoxication. It happens more regularly in society than some may think.

That said, I don't know the detail of this incident so am in no place to formulate any judgement on the matter.

At 3am when you're too drunk to know your name if someone just looks at you wrong, you could get punched. More likely it's if you spill there drink. CP got punched and he's not he victim in this? So confused.

Actually, one of the men in the brawl grabbing Prince Carl Philip's neck happens to be a security guard - Stephane Reveillon, who works for the 'Baoli' club.
Swedish tabloid 'Expressen' interviewed Reveillon who states that the fight actually started when someone inside the club made derogatory comments about Sofia Hellqvist.
Link to article (google-translated):
Google Translate

While I couldn't care less who first starts a fight at some night club in the early morning hours, I continue to find the interview given by the Prince and his current girlfriend totally ill-advised.
If they hadn't deemed it appropriate to talk to a tabloid in order to state their utter innocence and bewilderment at being attacked, nobody would necessarily have felt the call to contradict them, and the whole story would have died down much sooner.
No idea whatever happened to those two very useful words 'No comment' at the Swedish Court.
This all kind of makes sense when you assume Cp was defending his girl's "honor"

AHA... I suspected all along that is what happened.

CP had better develop a thick skin where his lady love and her "honor" are concerned...I have a feeling it will only get worse.

So we moved from the soft Scenario 1, where everything happened by unfortunate accident, to Scenario 2 (according to Expressen) where:
a x person said some offending words to SOfia, inside the discotheque. CP addressed the "offender" in a threatening way by saying "what did you say to my girl friend?" the owner/staff immediately noticed the threat and intervened by leading him to the exit (not knowing who CP is). It escalated outside with the panic of SOfia. This is far more charging for S&CP.
Ok the streets of Cannes are safe.... would be interesting to know in which language CP spoke, Swedish, English or French? that would already give some info on whether they knew each other or not. That story happens so frequently to teenagers, but CP is not a teenager, and if he had a more classy girlfriend......... I can only agree with Moonmaiden 23. Let's see what will be the consequences of this.

Last edited:
:previous: If this scenario is true (which we don't know!): Things like that surely happened to William ("Waity Katie") or Haakon (well... Mette-Marit) as well but neither was ever reported to be in a brawl. Seems there are other ways to cope with such a situation.

So know we know that all began because someone offended Sofia. I wouldn't surprised if it will be CP who started the fight to protect her 'honor' and court was trying to make him as 'innocent lamb'. Sofia's reputation is rather bad and CP should be prepared for nasty comments about his 'glamour model'.

:previous:
No, we don't. We know it could have happened that way. Or maybe a drunkard attacked an innocent bystander who happened to be a Swedish Prince.

Just because some here dislike Sofia, it doesn't mean all the woes in the world should be blamed on her. Even if it was instigated by comments about her, she didn't start the fight or urge Carl Philip to "defend her honour". Moreover, what a poor excuse of a man makes derogatory comments about a woman he doesn't even know? Just because Sofia worked as a model, it doesn't give people the right to offend her or call her names.

Last edited:
What exactly is wrong with CP defending his girlfriend? Which by the way is a very honourable thing to do. It doesn't matter who the girlfriend is, if someone says something against Sofia and CP doesn't like it he has every right to stand up to the person who said it.

Of course people thing he was undoubtedly in the wrong because Sofia has no honour. Typical.

Anne2 said:
. CP addressed the "offender" in a threatening way by saying "what did you say to my girl friend?"That story happens so frequently to teenagers, but CP is not a teenager, and if he had a more classy girlfriend.

How exactly is asking a question like that threatening? Were you there? Do you know he sounded threatening? And if he had a more classy girlfriend what? He wouldn't have been punched, he would be the darling of Sweden and the monarchy would be perfect. Yeah and I'm the Queen of Sheba.

Last edited:
Exactly. Perhaps the man called her ugly or fat. Nothing to do with her profession what so ever.
And even if it was actually true, I know that my husband would be very angry at the presumptious and uncalled for remark (not to mention hurtful) and may very well end up in a similar situation. Only nobody would know as he is not a Royal Prince.

So to sum up yet again:

CP was involved in a trivial late-night brawl at a night club.
No assault, just a stupid brawl.

And he may or may not have been on the recieving end of a punch.

- Nothing else? He'll survive just like the rest of us have who have been in a similar situation. :lol:

Stand up and defend the honour of his lady? Good grief, grow up!
That's part of life when you are in town late at night. There are always some idiots who are drunk or provocative. You assess the situation and move on.

I wouldn't get a thank you from Mrs. Muhler if I face 40 days for brawling (60 if I beat up the idiot) just because some drunk fool shouted something silly.
Anyway, getting yourself involved in a brawl late at night is a good way to ending up getting your teeth kicked out because the idiot's five friends just waited for someone to take the bait, or worse, getting stabbed.

CP better learn to become more street wise.

Last edited:
The King's behavior has been discussed at length in one of the Swedish threads here on TRF. You can Google and find it.

If you mean the King's behaviour in relation to the media speculation and or accusations made, and that is all they have amounted to be, then that would hardly be the substantiative evidence required to aptly judge the man, i.e; his "non too pristine" behaviour.

Last edited:
Bertil Ternert commented to finnish MTV3, that Carl Philip returns to Sweden today.
- After he has returned, we are going to discuss with him, how we are going to proceed in this matter, said Terner.
Carl Philip tänään kotiin – rikosilmoitusta harkitaan - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset
And Ternert said to finnish MTV3 also, that the story of the security manager Stephane Reveillon doesn't match with what Carl Philip and his friends have told.
The court doesn't confirm that Sofia was in any way the reason for the fight.
- At the moment, there is a lot of rumors. The only thing we can say is that the prince was attacked by an unknown man for no reason, Ternert said to MTV3.
Outoja ristiriitoja Carl Philipin baarikahakasta - MTV3.fi - Viihde - Uutiset

I think it's not a good idea to wait until Carl Philip returns to Sweden to decide whether this will be a matter for the police or not, as the longer time that passes it's more likely that any CCTV footage that could help a police investigation will have been destroyed. If it's not reported to the police in my opinion that could send out a message to some people that getting into a fight with Carl Philip won't get them in trouble with the police.

I can't understand why the Royal Court are saying they are waiting for CP to return, surely if he feels he was assaulted for no reason he would go to the police without needing to talk to he royal court press office? I don't understand it but that's just me.
I don't see why the bar employee would lie to the press especially in a way that serves no benefit, I can really see CP getting annoyed and yes I can understand why he wood and that he wild get angry but I think most reasonable people would, for an easy life, just walk away. Yes it's upsetting to hear anyone talk about your loved one but at 3am in a bar with drunk people no good will come of it, better to just walk away, CP seems rather hotheaded in this case.
I have to say the Royal Court seemed determined to string this out as long as possible, why not just move on.

While Sofia is not to blame for this incident, Carl Philip kind of brought it on himself by being a rich playboy and not taking his royal life seriously. It's as if he wants his cake and eat it too - have royal privilege but no responsibility. He's 33 years old, so he really need to grow up and behave like an adult, and not a child.

I also want to say that I'm amazed sometimes by how Victoria appears to be the only responsible one of the King and Queen's children. It's like Carl Gustaf and Silvia took Victoria seriously yet spoiled Carl Philip and Madeleine rotten. Sounds like an odd way of parenting.

Lumutqueen said:
That's a horrible thing to say and can you actually prove any of it? No.
He doesn't fight with strangers he got punched in a bar by a random drunk person. He's always liked fast cars and that kind of lifestyle, Emma probably tried to prevent him from doing things she didn't like. CP likes Sofia, Sofia likes CP - does any of that actually effect anybody in real life here? No.

Yes it does. The person you are dating affects you tremendously! And Sofia has definitely affected Carl. The proof is quite evident actually. Bottom line..CP has changed since he started dating this nude model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom