The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 02:39 PM
Serene Highness

And what about the rehearsal dinner? Do we have some news yet?

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 06-05-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
I wonder will we see anyone from the non reigning houses of Greece,Serbia or Romania?
We might have to wait for the official guest list before we learn about those royal guests which have no official website publishing their agenda.

But Queen Anne-Marie of Greece is a first cousin of King Carl Gustaf. She didn't go to Madeleine's wedding but some of her children went. (Sorry, I only archive tiara wearers, but Marie-Chantal, Tatiana and Theodora went.) Maybe Billed Bladet will find out over the next few days? They are always interested in Anne-Marie, Benedikte and their descendants.

Old 06-05-2015, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Pre-Wedding Information for Carl Philip and Sofia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??

Probably a question of protocol. Queen Margrethe II is only there as she is godmother to the groom. Hadn't it been the case she would likely have stayed home too and sent her children, in laws and Benedikte instead.
Old 06-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
As far as i remeber Beatrix and Claus did not attend the Wedding of the Duke of York. I have seen fottage of that Wedding and there where almost no foreign Royals present..
You are mistaken. The Duke of York was a very senior royal back then.

Wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 06-05-2015, 03:21 PM
Gentry

Yeyyyyyyyyyy Queen Maxima!!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

I guess its also worth remembering that Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde come from RFs where there is no-one else in the King's immediate family (i.e no children of adult age) who could represent him.
Queen Margrethe is his godmother and Queen Sonja will be representing the RF to whom the Swedish RF probably has the closest ties.
Old 06-07-2015, 08:07 AM
Courtier

Are the interview/s available on the Internet?

Pre-Wedding 1 and 8 June 2015
Old 06-07-2015, 08:31 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
I guess its also worth remembering that Queen Maxima and Queen Mathilde come from RFs where there is no-one else in the King's immediate family (i.e no children of adult age) who could represent him. .
Both the King of the Belgians and the King of the Netherlands have adult siblings though who could represent them.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Both the King of the Belgians and the King of the Netherlands have adult siblings though who could represent them.
The younger brother of the Dutch King does have a full time role, outside the DRF.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The younger brother of the Dutch King does have a full time role, outside the DRF.
The Prince indeed has several paid activities which will claim a lot of his agenda but it would no harm to see him and his spouse, so now and then, representing the Dutch royal family. They did so when Charles and Camilla married.

It seems in May and June the Prince is making a round-trip through the United States of America in the framework of his role as a so-called "Eisenhower Fellow" (the Eisenhower Fellowship is an international leader exchange program to honor Eisenhower's devotion to world peace and prosperity).

Maybe that is the reason why the Prince is not able to travel to Stockholm: he is in the USA.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
Rehearsal dinner? I don't think royal households, with all the experienced staff serving so many official dinners and banquets, needs any rehearsal...

The weddings I've been invited to has never included rehearsal dinners so it's not a common feature in Sweden. That said they will have a party the night before the wedding like both Victoria and Madeleine did.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-07-2015, 10:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
as i understand it (from Hello magazine): on friday night there will be a private dinner for invited guests. On Saturday there will be a dinner after a wedding.
So i guess the friday one can be considered a rehearsal if you will (P.Madeleine had something similar at her wedding)
I'm not sure, but as it is private i don't think we'll get extensive coverage, maybe a couple of photos..

eta: to get in the mood P.Madeleine's pre-wedding dinner photo: http://royalweddings.hellomagazine.c...inner-fashion/
really like rhat dress!
Old 06-07-2015, 10:38 AM
Super Moderator

Isn't 'rehearsal dinner' just the American expression for 'pre-wedding (dinner)'? So that would be the private Dinner on Friday night. There won't be live coverage as it is private. With some good luck they will allow pictures of the arrivals.

Old 06-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Isn't 'rehearsal dinner' just the American expression for 'pre-wedding (dinner)'? So that would be the private Dinner on Friday night. There won't be live coverage as it is private. With some good luck they will allow pictures of the arrivals.
let's hope the Press will fopund out where it takes place and will be there to make photos of the arrival of the guests.
Old 06-07-2015, 11:11 AM
Courtier

According to rumours the guests will gather somewhere by the water in Stockholm and then be picked up by boats which would give plenty of opportunities for photos.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-07-2015, 11:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Think that's it, it seems mainly a private dinner for close relatives and friends
Rehearsal dinner - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
so yep, that's the one they're having on friday

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
According to rumours the guests will gather somewhere by the water in Stockholm and then be picked up by boats which would give plenty of opportunities for photos.
Sounds lovely well...not long to wait now...
Old 06-07-2015, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator

I'm not sure that I remember it correctly, but didn't M & C pretty much shield their pre-wedding guests from the paps? But that would indeed be difficult if the meeting point is somewhere in the city.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
In America, the evening prior to the actual ceremony, the wedding party reenacts the entire wedding ceremony. Almost like a "dress performance" without the actual dresses. After getting ceremony correct in eyes of minister or priest, the wedding party has a lovely rehearsal dinner then leaves to get sleep and ready for next exciting day. This dinner is not for all attending wedding, just principle members of the ceremony. Here it is the responsibility of the grooms parents to provide this dinner as the bride's parents will provide the wedding reception after the wedding event. The rehearsal dinner is a lively happy event among close friends and normally only private photos are taken and cherished.
Old 06-07-2015, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I'm not sure that I remember it correctly, but didn't M & C pretty much shield their pre-wedding guests from the paps? But that would indeed be difficult if the meeting point is somewhere in the city.
There are plenty of pics of the guests arriving for the pre-Wedding Dinner which took place at the Grand Hotel. Even some from inside the Hotel.
But then the location was known before.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
There are plenty of pics of the guests arriving for the pre-Wedding Dinner which took place at the Grand Hotel. Even some from inside the Hotel.
But then the location was known before.
Both Svensk Damtidning and Expressen have told that according to their sources, the guests have been asked to be at Strandvägen on a certain time to wait for a boat. Svensk Damtidning claims that they will go to the Ulriksdal Palace, and Expressen that they will go to Vaxholm Fortress.

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding