The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2015, 07:30 AM
Courtier

Well how SVT will broadcast has been known for quite a while, and could be found in their Tv Guide (svt.se). SVT just hasn't chosen to write the different parts of the wedding (e.g. arrival of guests, ceremony, dinner) in the TV Guide but call it Prinsbröllopet. All in all 9 hours non-stop broadcast.

SVT1 15:00 - The Princely Wedding (15.00-17.50)
SVT2 16.30 - The Princely Wedding - Sign Language Interpretation Broadcast (16.30-17.30)
SVT2 17.50 - The Princely Wedding (17.50-20.00)
SVT1 20.00 - The Princely Wedding (20.00-00.00)

TV-tablå | SVT.se

Old 06-05-2015, 07:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
From Expressen's Johan T Lindwall's Instagram
SVT has sent a press release about the broadcasting the wedding
Instagram photo by @expressenkungligt (Kungligt - med Johan T) | Iconosquare
The point with Mr Lindwall's Instagram picture is that SVT accidentally called Sofia, Sofia Hellström and not Hellqvist.

Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Courtier

Queen Maxima will be representing The Netherlands
Hare Majesteit Koningin Máxima is zaterdag 13 juni aanwezig bij het huwelijk van Zijne Koninklijke Hoogheid Prins Carl Philip van Zweden en Sofia Hellqvist in Stockholm - Het Koninklijk Huis
Old 06-05-2015, 10:12 AM
Majesty

I thought she wouldn't be going, as she is to have an engagement that day!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:13 AM
Majesty

That is wonderful. I hope to see and Queen Letizia.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:20 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Maxima attending is indeed surprising.

Her engagement with the scouts is still on the calendar, if that is a morning event she could be doing both?
Old 06-05-2015, 10:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingen View Post
The point with Mr Lindwall's Instagram picture is that SVT accidentally called Sofia, Sofia Hellström and not Hellqvist.
Of course I noticed that, that is why I posted it...
Old 06-05-2015, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Wonderful news! I had feared that there wouldn't be anyone from NL since Maxima had also another engagement on her calendar. But if she goes on the private plane there is no waiting involved, not checking in and waiting for luggage, maybe she has her hair done on board... everything will be organized by somebody else. So I think it can be done.

But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??

Old 06-05-2015, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Girls just want to have fun like Cynti Lauper say an aold song if you remember anyone.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:46 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
Maxima attending is indeed surprising.

Her engagement with the scouts is still on the calendar, if that is a morning event she could be doing both?
The flight to Stockholm should be two hours or less, so assuming that the Scouting event is in the morning it could be done. The event in Zeewolde is 20 minutes away from the airport or so. Perhaps the hair and make-up people will start working while up in the air, let's hope there won't be too much turbulance. I didn't expect her to go though, perhaps they altered plans after they noticed the attendance from Belgium.

The only foreign royal wedding on non-heirs/monarchs/family that a Dutch monarch or consort ever visited were those of the Duke of York and the Infanta Elena IIRC. Prince Claus only accompanied Q. Beatrix to the first of those. So in that light Maxima's attendance is exceptional. At the time of Madeleine s wedding they said that Maxima and WA couldn't attend as the king hadn't paid a courtesy visit to Sweden yet. I do not know if that is true.

They do not have many members to pick from as Constantijn and Laurentien have full-time jobs and Beatrix, Margriet and Pieter are slowing down. Anyway, another tiara to look forward to.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Courtier

So, from what we know, the following royals will be attending the wedding:

The Queen of Denmark.
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Denmark.
Prince Joachim and Princess Marie of Denmark.

The Queen of Norway.
The Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway.
Princess Marthä Louise and Mr. Ari Behn.

The Queen of the Netherlands.

The Queen of the Belgians.

The Princess Takamado (Japan).

The Earl and Countess of Wessex (UK).

I wonder who, if anyone, will represent Spain, Luxembourg and Monaco. I doubt Liechtenstein will send a representative, but I could be surprised.

Princess Isabel (1846-1921), Princess Imperial and Regent of the Empire of Brazil, after she signed the Golden Law, in 1888, abolishing slavery in Brazil.
Old 06-05-2015, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But no Kings? Queen Sonja without King Harald, Queen Mathilde without King Philippe, Queen Maxima without King Philippe, Queen Margrethe without King Henrik(ahem)...??
King Carl XVI Gustaf will attend the wedding.
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by principessa View Post
King Carl XVI Gustaf will attend the wedding.
Imagine the headlines if the groom's father wouldn't ! But to be precise I should have said 'no foreign kings'.

Old 06-05-2015, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't know if prince Albert will be present but princess Charlene will open the TV festival at Monaco on june 13 and will preside mare nostrum swimming
Old 06-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

The only foreign royal wedding on non-heirs/monarchs/family that a Dutch monarch or consort ever visited were those of the Duke of York and the Infanta Elena IIRC. Prince Claus only accompanied Q. Beatrix to the first of those. So in that light Maxima's attendance is exceptional. At the time of Madeleine s wedding they said that Maxima and WA couldn't attend as the king hadn't paid a courtesy visit to Sweden yet. I do not know if that is true.

As far as i remeber Beatrix and Claus did not attend the Wedding of the Duke of York. I have seen fottage of that Wedding and there where almost no foreign Royals present. I think they bot attend the first Wedding of Pricness Anne but that was before beatrix became Queen.
Old 06-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Administrator

Wikipedia says they were there:

Wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I can't find a picture to prove it though and wikipedia does not mention a source.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Wikipedia says they were there:

Wedding of Prince Andrew, Duke of York, and Sarah Ferguson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But I can't find a picture to prove it though and wikipedia does not mention a source.
That has to be a msitake. That are exactly the royals from the reigning europeal Royal Houses who attended the Wedding of Charles and Diana but not the York Wedding.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I wonder will we see anyone from the non reigning houses of Greece,Serbia or Romania?
Old 06-05-2015, 12:44 PM
Administrator

The Wales wedding was also attended by Princess Grace, the King and Queen of the Belgians and the Queen of Denmark & husband (not on Andrew's list). But a mistake is the most likely scenario indeed.

Anyway, with or without Claus' attendance of the York wedding: the consort travelling to Stockholm for the wedding of the prince is exceptional. Let's hope it will be repeated in the future.
Old 06-05-2015, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Edward had less royals at his wedding but that was by choice as he didn't want a state occasion for his wedding - his was more "private". The royals who attended all attended as friends - Haakon, Felipe and Joachim as far as I remember.

I am glad Maxima is attending as well as Mathilde - they can hook up together as the single ladies!

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding