The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-27-2014, 05:51 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
So many posters taking the moral high ground. So condescending that some of you are "willing to give her a chance". Have you any idea what you sound like?

No one is allowed to improve? No one is allowed to move on in their lives? Do you always cast out people you know that have done something you dont approve of?

Unkind and ungenerous is what it sounds like.

I wish them best wishes and fortitude against the media onslaught. I dont think they would bother with sites like this
Great comment, cepe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
So now its official.

Is the King planning a big wedding for his only son?

Someone mentioned Royalty from all over the world attending? Which would take a lot of organising to accommodate them all.

Will the bride wear the Cameo tiara?
I think Prince Carl Philip & Sofia and the palace officials are probably in the planning stages or will soon start.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 06-27-2014, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
So now its official.

Is the King planning a big wedding for his only son?

Someone mentioned Royalty from all over the world attending? Which would take a lot of organising to accommodate them all.

Will the bride wear the Cameo tiara?
I think that the wedding will probably on the same scale as Madeleine's. Or even a little bigger, since Madeleine wanted it to be rather private and low key. I can imagine that this couple won't fight so much for a small wedding.

At Madeleine's wedding there were a good number of European Royals. Noone from the Netherlands, but that probably was due to the tight timetable of the new monarchs so shortly after their accession. And noone from Spain, probably due to the recession crisis there. But even Princess Takamdo attended from Japan.

So yes, it will be a very glittering event. Not on the scale of Victoria's wedding, but still very grand.

Old 06-27-2014, 06:22 PM
Commoner

Congratulations to the couple! I am very happy for them! They are clearly in love and I wish them all the best. I totally agree with cepe..Great post!
Old 06-27-2014, 06:30 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
That the press department has changed in 5 years is no reason to treat Carl Philip and Sofia differently than they treated Victoria, Daniel, Madeleine or Chris.
Considering how much Madeleine and Chris hate publicity I think they're pretty happy they didn't have to do a press conference when they got engaged.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Så blir Carl Philip och Sofias drömbröllop | Nyheter | Expressen
Old 06-27-2014, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Carl Philip and Sofia. I predicted that they would become engaged this year in the thread about what we thought would happen to the royals this year, and I was correct! It's kind of ironic how we were wanting for them to get married soon in their old thread, and now they actually are about to get married.

It will be interesting to see if Sofia will be granted a title or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
What's wrong with the balcony picture?
I think the thing that's wrong with the balcony photo is that a balcony appearance for some members (myself included) is a little OTT for an engagement of a younger child of the King. Also, as others have said, Victoria and Madeleine didn't get one for their engagements, so Carl Philip and Sofia's appearance is a little puzzling.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-27-2014, 06:55 PM
Courtier

If they are having an engagement party this evening, where are his sisters? If they are out of town, what's the rush with the party?
Old 06-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I am very happy for them. People change of course. Everybody makes mistakes when they are young, hers were public, that's all.
Old 06-27-2014, 06:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

I knew the thread would go this way whenever this engagement was announced and I have to say- all the sour grapes and po-faced judging won't keep Sofia from becoming Princess Sofia of Sweden, Duchess of Varmland.

I'm going to enjoy the heck out of that wedding and the associated threads.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Aristocracy

Can someone please clarify; did they really say CP proposed & they got engaged today or was this taken out of context by the media?

If he really proposed today, I find all this rush to announce very strange.

Why did they pick today to announce, since M&C were supposed to be back in the US? Why not last week when the whole family was there???
Old 06-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Heir Apparent

pic of them leaving the party
i dont think his sisters were there
http://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image/...4e/HEJDA+1.jpg

A congratulations to them and I wish for them to be happy.

It will be tough , as it was mentioned now they represent Sweden and the SRF, im sure the photos of her modeling will always resurfaced.

Im a little bit confused by the disorganization. If he proposed today why the rush to announce it today (Chris's birthday, etc)
Old 06-27-2014, 07:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Real View Post
I don't think this marriage endangers the future of the Swedish Royal family and the monarchy.
Carl Philip is not the heir and his bride deserves a chance.
I hope the Swedes will respect the choice of the Prince.
Agree, although it could have been even more interesting if Prince Carl Philip had proposed an engagement to the Austrian bearded lady!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissRoyal View Post
Can someone please clarify; did they really say CP proposed & they got engaged today or was this taken out of context by the media?

If he really proposed today, I find all this rush to announce very strange.

Why did they pick today to announce, since M&C were supposed to be back in the US? Why not last week when the whole family was there???
Yeah, CP and Sofia stated that they got engaged this morning. Not sure why they rushed it. Maybe they were just really excited.
Old 06-27-2014, 07:43 PM
Serene Highness

Here are some nice pictures

Engagement party at Drottningholm palace | MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASHÄ°ON

They do look very happy.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 06-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to both.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:26 PM
Courtier

First of all:

Congratulations to the couple! I can´t wait to follow their wedding and hope it will be as wonderful as his sisters was
Old 06-27-2014, 08:33 PM
Nobility

I think that the engagement was a surprise to Sofia and King and Queen knew before.

Government approval, consent of the king, organization of conference and dinner with parents of both were kept in secret. It must be a secret/surprise for Sofia :) Maybe she was only one who doesn't know?
That's why everything happened today.

http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/sa-b...s-drombrollop/
Some speculations about church and bestman.
Old 06-27-2014, 08:57 PM
Courtier

Does anyone want to translate the press conference? Or tell me when the Queen starts saying Nej Nej to Carl Gustaf what context that was in?
Old 06-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

That engagement photo is baddddd!

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 06-27-2014, 09:09 PM
Courtier

Quote:
If they are having an engagement party this evening, where are his sisters? If they are out of town, what's the rush with the party?
It is just a small family dinner- the King, Queen, Sofia and Carl Philip, and Sofia's Parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
Yeah, CP and Sofia stated that they got engaged this morning. Not sure why they rushed it. Maybe they were just really excited.
Most likely they wanted to announce it formally now the day it happened because it is the last day of the work week and they did not want to risk having it leaked over the weekend. I imagine that they were just announcing it during the business week.

Tags
controversy, engagement, prince carl philip