Carl Philip and Sofia's Wedding: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't Madeleine wear the modern fringe tiara at her wedding? I don't think Sofia will wear the same tiara than Madeleine.

I still hope for the connaught tiara. It's my favourite tiara of the SRF.

And the link doesn't work.

No, because they'll always find a way to criticise Sofia, no matter what she does. But that say nothing about Sofia, but a lot about her die-hard critics. :whistling:

there are still people who wish the couple to break up or their wedding day destroyed (by various means, angry people get very inventive), so i'm afraid you are right...

However, this is not the thread for that :flowers: and i do hope P.Carl-Philip will use his design skills to make her something to wear for the wedding (and i'm not talking about a jacket :lol: )

carlota;1696035[B said:
]i wonder what tiara sofia will choose..[/B]. my guess is that she will go for the Modern Fringe Tiara.

here's a summary that hello magazine did when guessing the tiara madeleine would were at her wedding to show the options:
http://royalweddings.hellomagazine....01305211356/princess-madeleine-wedding-tiara/

I don't think that SH has any choice in what she wears on the top of her head that comes from the royal vaults, she does not have access to anything in the vaults, that has to come from the king, queen and crown princess. She should be very grateful for anything that they let her wear as she does not own the crown jewels.

I don't think that SH has any choice in what she wears on the top of her head that comes from the royal vaults, she does not have access to anything in the vaults, that has to come from the king, queen and crown princess. She should be very grateful for anything that they let her wear as she does not own the crown jewels.

She is the bride of a prince and thus she has the right to wear a tiara like any other commoner bride who married a prince had too. And I'm also sure she has a choice, because if she absolutely doesn't like the tiara the queen for example suggests to her I don't think they make her wear it against her will. It's still her wedding and she has to feel good on the day. I'm sure they will talk about what tiara she could think of and then talk about which one of them it will be and which for whatever reason wont.

The Swedish royal family has a family foundation and are fairly equitable about sharing jewels, with a few exceptions like the the sapphire set, or the Braganza which are for the queen.

There's no reason to think Sofia won't have the same jewel access as Madeleine and as the King's sisters once she marries.

And I know this would be a really unusual choice for a wedding... but wouldn't the Amethyst necklace tiara look AMAZING with a wedding dress? Think a very simple dress with classic lines, topped by those purple stones in Sofia's hair. I think she'd look stunning.

And I know this would be a really unusual choice for a wedding... but wouldn't the Amethyst necklace tiara look AMAZING with a wedding dress? Think a very simple dress with classic lines, topped by those purple stones in Sofia's hair. I think she'd look stunning.

I agree about those amethysts with the right dress. They are a magnificent deep shade and I think they would make a stunning change for a wedding.

The Swedish royal family has a family foundation and are fairly equitable about sharing jewels, with a few exceptions like the the sapphire set, or the Braganza which are for the queen.

There's no reason to think Sofia won't have the same jewel access as Madeleine and as the King's sisters once she marries.

I would like to think that perhaps the daughter who is royal born and the king's sister's who are also royal born would have more right to wear what they want from the royal foundation of jewels then a commoner regardless of who the commoner is, be it Sweden, Spain or any other country. Being royal born should always have first choice and first say so in who wears what regardless of the day involved. Yes she is marrying a prince and at the same time she is not royal born and therefore should be grateful for what the royal family would let her wear. *Perhaps PCP should design something for her all in her own right and just for her*and therefore SH could start her very own royal collection of jewels better then the jewels of the royal family. I think it would be great is she had more bigger and better jewels then CPV or the queen................

I would like to think that perhaps the daughter who is royal born and the king's sister's who are also royal born would have more right to wear what they want from the royal foundation of jewels then a commoner regardless of who the commoner is, be it Sweden, Spain or any other country. Being royal born should always have first choice and first say so in who wears what regardless of the day involved. Yes she is marrying a prince and at the same time she is not royal born and therefore should be grateful for what the royal family would let her wear. *Perhaps PCP should design something for her all in her own right and just for her*and therefore SH could start her very own royal collection of jewels better then the jewels of the royal family. I think it would be great is she had more bigger and better jewels then CPV or the queen................

Princess Lillian also had access. And of course, Queen Silvia, who was a commoner.

And I mean, in other royal family foundations- origins don't matter. Once you're in the family, you're in the family.

And I don't see any reason why money should be thrown away on a large collection of new jewelry when there's more than enough in the family foundation to be shared around.

Princess Lillian also had access. And of course, Queen Silvia, who was a commoner.

And I mean, in other royal family foundations- origins don't matter. Once you're in the family, you're in the family.

And I don't see any reason why money should be thrown away on a large collection of new jewelry when there's more than enough in the family foundation to be shared around.
Yes, both these ladies where commoners and it was a very different time in the world and there were different ideas and attitudes as to what a royal should be. Lillian waited decades to marry the man she loved and the queen was a hard working commoner with no smear to her name, why Lillian who also was a lady could not marry the prince when she or the prince pleased. In fact they only married with CG permission when his father died (hope I got my history right) and the queen had no questions regarding her past, she was a perfect lady to represent Sweden. In today's day and age it seems anything goes for everybody, regardless of who they are or what they did.........yes times change and yet there are a very few of us ole folks who think that morals and decency mean something in this day and age. I don't care if they marry, it's their life yet in time I do wonder the reason why PC is marrying someone with such a questionable past.........he does seem like he is still a little boy fighting his way through the world doing as he pleases with no regards to anyone but himself................I know people who behave just like him and I see and hear it everyday in the news and in life. Only thing is that in all this, Time will tell, just wait it out and see what happens. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble over this girl, I just don't see the appeal that so many have for her..........let me ask you a question.........if the king said no, wait 5/7 years before you marry......would she wait that long? Look at Daniel and Victoria, he waited and he built a business all on his own merit, no help from anyone, his mind, his determination, his own willpower and he fell in love with Victoria, he waited and went through hell to marry her, and from reading about royals on many sites, still it seems the king doesn't like Daniel, who to me is more of a prince then some princes that are born royal. For me, it's all about integrity, honestly and working hard when your in a position like he is, he does it with flying colors and he and his wife are the very best royals in Sweden along with their lovely daughter.
PCP I would think has more then enough money to buy SH jewels, something modern and not the old traditional stuff that the queen wears. I hope CP gets her all the jewels that she wants and her chest run ith over with bling.

And there we go. There's no rational reason for Sofia to lack the same access to the family foundation all other women members of the family have.

Just folks that think she should be Hester Prynne-ed for the rest of her life.

It won't happen. I will be shocked if she isn't treated as a member of the family, with all that entails.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Imo, now Sofia is accepted in the SRF (any talk about how the SRF feels about is speculation, because we don't actually know that) it would be pretty petty of the ladies to not allow here access to the foundation-jewels because she is a "commoner".
We lowly people can be petty about these things, i'm sure the SRF are raised better than that.

Do you mean this one?

Artemisia's Royal Jewels: Requests Sunday: Josephine of Leuchtenberg's Amethyst Parure

I agree. It could look amazing in her dark hair. But then she really needs a simple dress without lace and other tralala.

Yes, both these ladies where commoners and it was a very different time in the world and there were different ideas and attitudes as to what a royal should be. Lillian waited decades to marry the man she loved and the queen was a hard working commoner with no smear to her name, why Lillian who also was a lady could not marry the prince when she or the prince pleased. In fact they only married with CG permission when his father died (hope I got my history right) and the queen had no questions regarding her past, she was a perfect lady to represent Sweden. In today's day and age it seems anything goes for everybody, regardless of who they are or what they did.........yes times change and yet there are a very few of us ole folks who think that morals and decency mean something in this day and age. I don't care if they marry, it's their life yet in time I do wonder the reason why PC is marrying someone with such a questionable past.........he does seem like he is still a little boy fighting his way through the world doing as he pleases with no regards to anyone but himself................I know people who behave just like him and I see and hear it everyday in the news and in life. Only thing is that in all this, Time will tell, just wait it out and see what happens. Not trying to burst anyone's bubble over this girl, I just don't see the appeal that so many have for her..........let me ask you a question.........if the king said no, wait 5/7 years before you marry......would she wait that long? Look at Daniel and Victoria, he waited and he built a business all on his own merit, no help from anyone, his mind, his determination, his own willpower and he fell in love with Victoria, he waited and went through hell to marry her, and from reading about royals on many sites, still it seems the king doesn't like Daniel, who to me is more of a prince then some princes that are born royal. For me, it's all about integrity, honestly and working hard when your in a position like he is, he does it with flying colors and he and his wife are the very best royals in Sweden along with their lovely daughter.
PCP I would think has more then enough money to buy SH jewels, something modern and not the old traditional stuff that the queen wears. I hope CP gets her all the jewels that she wants and her chest run ith over with bling.

Sofia is the woman Carl Philip wants and nothing can stop him now from marrying the love of his life. This doesn't make him a stubborn little boy, but a man in love. Sofia will be a royal like Lillian, Silvia and Daniel after the marriage. She will have the same rights and has to live by the same rules like them. No matter what her past was (which still isn't a drama imo). So please come over your little problem, because you start to look very nasty by always making Sofia lower than she is, by still argumenting with her past. You don't have to like her or pretending to do so, but you could at least accept, that she is in the picture now and not make up idiotic reasons (because sorry, but that's what I think of your reasons) why she shouldn't have the same right like any other persons who married into the SRF. You sound bitter and extremly envious and I don't think you want to sound like that. So please, at least try to be fair if you argument and let your personal hate toward Sofia out of the arguments. Argument on facts and not on feelings or hypotheticals. Because fact is, that Sofia is there and she will be in the long run with all that belongs to the fact that she will be a Princess soon.

Please don't get my words wrong. I don't want to fight with you and I'm not attacking you. It's just very annoying to read your posts which make more than clear that you can't get over your personal dislike/hate against Sofia.

Last edited:
Hmmm, not a fan of it. But then I am "überhaupt" not a fan of anything dark on or with a bride when it comes to her attire and jewelry.

On a general note: I think it is safe to say that the wedding planning will "only" begin when Carl Philip has returned from his navy service at the Baltic Sea?

Last edited:
I thought i didn't like the amethyst tiara (even though i'm a sucker for blues and purples) because it's so "square" but the way P.Madeleine is wearing it in that link, more at the back of the head, i have a new-found like of it ;)
i could see that work quite well with a weddng-veil..

On the cover of Hänt Extra, a swedish gossip magazine
"She hates her!"
Jealousy behind Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding quarrel
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article
In early summer beamed Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist of happiness when they announced their engagement. But the summer has been a darker story lined by intense wrangling during the ongoing wedding planning. As a royal wedding takes time to prepare the couple has already started looking at various churches in Stockholm, Öland and in Sofia's home district Dalarna. And because the wedding invitations to the guests need to be sent out in good time, they have even started thinking about whom to invite.
But here goes the couple apart. Carl Philip wants namely gladly invite his ex-girlfriend Emma Pernald as they are still good friends after five years apart, writes Hänt Extra. The subject Emma is sensitive to Sofia because Emma has always been loved by the entire royal family, unlike Sofia who had a tough road to the family. The king and queen have even hoped that Carl Philip and Emma would find their way back to each other when he already started a relationship with Sophia.
- Sofia is furious. She hates Emma. The last Sofia wants is to invite her to the wedding. It's bad enough that she shows up at other events, says a knowledgeable source.
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist i intensivt bröllopsgräl Stoppa Pressarna

Sofia is the woman Carl Philip wants and nothing can stop him now from marrying the love of his life. This doesn't make him a stubborn little boy, but a man in love. Sofia will be a royal like Lillian, Silvia and Daniel after the marriage. She will have the same rights and has to live by the same rules like them. No matter what her past was (which still isn't a drama imo). So please come over your little problem, because you start to look very nasty by always making Sofia lower than she is, by still argumenting with her past. You don't have to like her or pretending to do so, but you could at least accept, that she is in the picture now and not make up idiotic reasons (because sorry, but that's what I think of your reasons) why she shouldn't have the same right like any other persons who married into the SRF. You sound bitter and extremly envious and I don't think you want to sound like that. So please, at least try to be fair if you argument and let your personal hate toward Sofia out of the arguments. Argument on facts and not on feelings or hypotheticals. Because fact is, that Sofia is there and she will be in the long run with all that belongs to the fact that she will be a Princess soon.

Please don't get my words wrong. I don't want to fight with you and I'm not attacking you. It's just very annoying to read your posts which make more than clear that you can't get over your personal dislike/hate against Sofia.

You are saying it well. Very kindly, too. :flowers:

On the cover of Hänt Extra, a swedish gossip magazine
"She hates her!"
Jealousy behind Carl Philip's and Sofia's wedding quarrel
http://www.allerbutiken.se/Global/Covers/HEX.jpg

Stoppa pressarna quotes the article
In early summer beamed Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist of happiness when they announced their engagement. But the summer has been a darker story lined by intense wrangling during the ongoing wedding planning. As a royal wedding takes time to prepare the couple has already started looking at various churches in Stockholm, Öland and in Sofia's home district Dalarna. And because the wedding invitations to the guests need to be sent out in good time, they have even started thinking about whom to invite.
But here goes the couple apart. Carl Philip wants namely gladly invite his ex-girlfriend Emma Pernald as they are still good friends after five years apart, writes Hänt Extra. The subject Emma is sensitive to Sofia because Emma has always been loved by the entire royal family, unlike Sofia who had a tough road to the family. The king and queen have even hoped that Carl Philip and Emma would find their way back to each other when he already started a relationship with Sophia.
- Sofia is furious. She hates Emma. The last Sofia wants is to invite her to the wedding. It's bad enough that she shows up at other events, says a knowledgeable source.
Prins Carl Philip och Sofia Hellqvist i intensivt bröllopsgräl Stoppa Pressarna

Well, that was a headline/story that was bound to show up, wasn't it :) pretty sure the magazines have some more headlines already thought up to pass the time until the wedding (and some new ones after that ;) )

Can i suggest:
"Sofia doesn't want uncle/aunt at wedding, is the wedding in danger?" (about a relation who hasn't been in contact for years and now isn't invited at the wedding)
"Sofia and C-P disagree, is the wedding in danger?" (about how Sofia and C-P have a different venue in mind, the story ends with how they settled for one that we already expected)
etc. :lol:

Well, that was a headline/story that was bound to show up, wasn't it :) pretty sure the magazines have some more headlines already thought up to pass the time until the wedding (and some new ones after that ;) )

Can i suggest:
"Sofia doesn't want uncle/aunt at wedding, is the wedding in danger?" (about a relation who hasn't been in contact for years and now isn't invited at the wedding)
"Sofia and C-P disagree, is the wedding in danger?" (about how Sofia and C-P have a different venue in mind, the story ends with how they settled for one that we already expected)
etc. :lol:

Yeah, and then us here are like :p :ROFLMAO:.
"Ongoing wedding planning", while the planning has not even started yet.

Oh well, it has been a dry news summer so the gossip magazines make up their own news.

I have created a new thread where the posts relating to potential tiara's Sofia might wear on her wedding. Could the mods please move the discussion there please, thank you.

Why do we need a new thread? We are talking about which tiara she will wear for her wedding which seems to be a perfectly okay topic in a thread called "Wedding suggestions and musings". :ermm:

Why do we need a new thread? We are talking about which tiara she will wear for her wedding which seems to be a perfectly okay topic in a thread called "Wedding suggestions and musings". :ermm:

Agree, otherwise we would also need a separate thread for the gown and then were will it all end..

I have found the tiara! :cool: Celine Dion's headpiece which I think has a certain charm, the rude summation notwithstanding. ;) (It has potential - I'm not joking).

LINK: 9 Ugliest Celebrity Wedding Dresses - Answers.com

TBH, Dion's headdress reminds me of showgirls in Vegas. What sprung to mind first off was a comedy skit in "I Love Lucy" where Lucy tries to be a showgirl and has a very hard time keeping her balace as she descends steps with a huge headdress on.

Is it safe to assume that the wedding planning will begin when Carl Philip has returned from his navy mission at the Baltic Sea?

It would be nice to have at least a wedding date to look forward to.

I think the planning is already under way. The security, the media, the accomodation, the tranport, etc. Most likely it is already on full steam now.

I think the planning is already under way. The security, the media, the accomodation, the tranport, etc. Most likely it is already on full steam now.

I took the explanation of the Swedish Royal Family's press department, that the planning would start in the autumn, quite literally - it isn't autumn yet...

Is it safe to assume that the wedding planning will begin when Carl Philip has returned from his navy mission at the Baltic Sea?

It would be nice to have at least a wedding date to look forward to.

Yes, i do think it's safe to assume, as the baltic mission already starts next week; according to the swedish royal agenda it will end on 11-09. According to the agenda P.C-P has his next event after that on 24-09, and that's also about the start of the autumn, so i'll hope there'll be some wedding news then :)

Such a long wait.....

I took the explanation of the Swedish Royal Family's press department, that the planning would start in the autumn, quite literally - it isn't autumn yet...

You can be sure that the blueprint is already out of the drawer, that Sveriges Television is already looking at the schedules and arrangements for all cameras and equipment, that the police force is already in contact with the Court Marshall, that a task force is formed at the palace, etc. Of course all gets an official start when location and date are set. Before being able to announce location and date, the task force needs to have done pre-work to be sure that there are no hindrances for the chosen location and date.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom