The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Prince Carl Philip and Princess Sofia

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Serene Highness

I really hope for a new Tiara for Sophia.... maybe designed from CP, maybe paid by the King, maybe the Queen spends some loose Diamonds, which are somewhere lying around in the vaults .

I hope for it, because there are not sooooo many Tiara Options for the new Princess.

The Baden Fringe and Princess Lillians Tiara: reserved/owned by Victoria.
Queen Silvias Modern Fringe --> now owned by Madeleine.
The 4 and 6 Buttons: ok for Nobel, PLEASE not for a wedding Tiara.
The Cut Steels: smaller White Tie Events only.
The Amethyst: ok for Nobel, not for a wedding.
The Ruby, as well as the Big Guns: Queen only.
So another small/medium Tiara would fit perfect.

Now it Comes to the 2 Options most of the others prefer:

- Connaught Tiara: Property of the Queen, only 1 time Madde weared it, at the most important day for the RF, the wedding of the Crown Princess. So I assume, that this will REMAIN in the Hands (at the head) of the Queen until further notice.

- The Cameo Tiara: Worn by the Queen, only ONCE, at the wedding of the Crown Princess, worn by Victoria ONE time and never again.

So I do not believe that either of the 2 tiaras will be lent to Sophia on her wedding day. Now we Need a new one!

(I will leave out the sisters of the Queen here, which is a different pair of shoes).
BYe Bine

Old 12-02-2014, 12:42 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
I really hope for a new Tiara for Sophia.... maybe designed from CP, maybe paid by the King, maybe the Queen spends some loose Diamonds, which are somewhere lying around in the vaults .

I hope for it, because there are not sooooo many Tiara Options for the new Princess.

The Baden Fringe and Princess Lillians Tiara: reserved/owned by Victoria.
Queen Silvias Modern Fringe --> now owned by Madeleine.
The 4 and 6 Buttons: ok for Nobel, PLEASE not for a wedding Tiara.
The Cut Steels: smaller White Tie Events only.
The Amethyst: ok for Nobel, not for a wedding.
The Ruby, as well as the Big Guns: Queen only.
So another small/medium Tiara would fit perfect.

Now it Comes to the 2 Options most of the others prefer:

- Connaught Tiara: Property of the Queen, only 1 time Madde weared it, at the most important day for the RF, the wedding of the Crown Princess. So I assume, that this will REMAIN in the Hands (at the head) of the Queen until further notice.

- The Cameo Tiara: Worn by the Queen, only ONCE, at the wedding of the Crown Princess, worn by Victoria ONE time and never again.

So I do not believe that either of the 2 tiaras will be lent to Sophia on her wedding day. Now we Need a new one!

(I will leave out the sisters of the Queen here, which is a different pair of shoes).
BYe Bine
Exactly and very well said. The above tiaras are not modern at all, and maybe something modern and more in keeping with SH and her style would be the way to go. This has nothing to do with being seen as accepted or not by the royal family, if other women marrying into a royal family had their own tiara then why not SH?

Old 12-02-2014, 12:50 PM
Serene Highness

One more comment: not only British RF members (Sarah) received new tiaras. Same was with some Northern European RF ones:
Mette Marit received the Daisy Tiara.
Mary received her small wedding Tiara.
So nothing completely new - the idea of getting a Tiara from the in-laws.
BYe Bine
Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Majesty

i really like the connaught tiara, i think it's one of the nicest owned by the SRF, although given it has mostly not been worn by the SRF, i believe it won't be used this time. maybe victoria or madeleine will lend sofia one of the tiaras they use / own?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-02-2014, 02:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
One more comment: not only British RF members (Sarah) received new tiaras. Same was with some Northern European RF ones:
Mette Marit received the Daisy Tiara.
Mary received her small wedding Tiara.
So nothing completely new - the idea of getting a Tiara from the in-laws.
BYe Bine
charlene also received a new tiara with the occasion of her wedding: the ocean tiara.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 12-02-2014, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i really like the connaught tiara, i think it's one of the nicest owned by the SRF, although given it has mostly not been worn by the SRF, i believe it won't be used this time. maybe victoria or madeleine will lend sofia one of the tiaras they use / own?

The Connaught has been worn by almost every member of the Swedish Royal Family actually. Victoria hasn't worn it, but that's probably her choice.

It's my best guess- I think it's the most likely wedding tiara choice.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...tiara.html?m=1

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-03-2014, 05:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SElizabeth View Post
Exactly and very well said. The above tiaras are not modern at all, and maybe something modern and more in keeping with SH and her style would be the way to go. This has nothing to do with being seen as accepted or not by the royal family, if other women marrying into a royal family had their own tiara then why not SH?
In the last 50 years, how many Swedish royal brides have had a new tiara?
Old 12-03-2014, 05:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
The Connaught has been worn by almost every member of the Swedish Royal Family actually. Victoria hasn't worn it, but that's probably her choice.

It's my best guess- I think it's the most likely wedding tiara choice.

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.com/...tiara.html?m=1
If the stories are true and the Connaught belongs to Queen Silvia, then there couldn't be a more welcoming gesture than for her to offer it to Sofia for her wedding. The fact that Queen Silvia is known to favour the pronger, Madeleine the Modern Fringe and Victoria for the Baden Fringe, means that Sofia wearing the Connaught atop that lovely dark hair would not be stepping on anyone's toes.

IMHO CP Victoria hasn't worn the Connaught tiara by preference. It really does seem too fussy, frou frou and with more than a whiff of 'Fairytale Princess'. You only have to see her in the Baden Fringe, the large Steel Cut or even the Cameo, to appreciate the difference in style. That is not to say she has no use for it . . . she has worn the diamond drops on a necklace.
Old 12-03-2014, 05:23 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
If the stories are true and the Connaught belongs to Queen Silvia, then there couldn't be a more welcoming gesture than for her to offer it to Sofia for her wedding. The fact that Queen Silvia is known to favour the pronger, Madeleine the Modern Fringe and Victoria for the Baden Fringe, means that Sofia wearing the Connaught atop that lovely dark hair would not be stepping on anyone's toes.

IMHO CP Victoria hasn't worn the Connaught tiara by preference. It really does seem too fussy, frou frou and with more than a whiff of 'Fairytale Princess'. You only have to see her in the Baden Fringe, the large Steel Cut or even the Cameo, to appreciate the difference in style. That is not to say she has no use for it . . . she has worn the diamond drops on a necklace.
Well put, and I could not agree more!
Old 12-03-2014, 08:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
In the last 50 years, how many Swedish royal brides have had a new tiara?
And I wasn't just referring to Swedish brides, and other comments here have been posted about many women marrying into a royal family and receiving a tiara as a wedding gift for just themselves. Please go back and read this thread to view other comments, not just mine....this isn't about being accepted by the royal family, this is about what kind of tiara would look good on SH.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:05 AM
Courtier

Quote:
And I wasn't just referring to Swedish brides, and other comments here have been posted about many women marrying into a royal family and receiving a tiara as a wedding gift for just themselves. Please go back and read this thread to view other comments, not just mine....this isn't about being accepted by the royal family, this is about what kind of tiara would look good on SH.
As this is a thread about a Swedish Royal wedding, I think we should stick to Swedish Royal customs. Isn't you always remembering everyone that the moderators don't like comparisons between different royals?
Old 12-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
As this is a thread about a Swedish Royal wedding, I think we should stick to Swedish Royal customs. Isn't you always remembering everyone that the moderators don't like comparisons between differents royals?
Well said.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cris M View Post
As this is a thread about a Swedish Royal wedding, I think we should stick to Swedish Royal customs. Isn't you always remembering everyone that the moderators don't like comparisons between differents royals?
Please *read the Thread, the entire Thread and view all comments*, not just mine. I do not want to argue with you or anyone else as we are all entitled to our own opinions, you, me and very one here. have a good day!
Old 12-03-2014, 09:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I know different royal houses do things differently, and many of them have got new tiaras for their incoming brides. As this thread is about what Sofia might wear at her wedding, perhaps the more relevant context is that of the Swedish royal family.

To me what sort of tiara might look good on Sofia is probably a broader, and somewhat hypothetical discussion. The reality is that Sofia will probably get to wear a tiara from the Swedish collection, and the question is which one.
Old 12-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Please *read the Thread, the entire Thread and view all comments*, not just mine. I do not want to argue with you or anyone else as we are all entitled to our own opinions, you, me and very one here. have a good day!
Cool down, no one is arguing, this is a discussion board, where people receive replies to their opinions. I wonder why did you came here if you don't like to receive replies disagreeing with your opinions.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Courtier

The only recent weddings that can be compared with the upcoming one is Victorias and Madeleine. No swedish prince has married a commoner for.. well, the kings grandfathers brothers, who lost their succession rights.

I'm part of the group who think that Sofia will wear a tiara from the existing royal collection. I also think that she will wear a dress from a Swedish designer. And I really, really hope that they have the courage to do something different than V&D + M&C. Repeat weddings are quite boring, IMO.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent

I also believe that Sofia will wear an existing Swedish tiara for her wedding, and I'm not fussy about which one.
Old 12-03-2014, 11:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenobia View Post
The only recent weddings that can be compared with the upcoming one is Victorias and Madeleine. No swedish prince has married a commoner for.. well, the kings grandfathers brothers, who lost their succession rights.

I'm part of the group who think that Sofia will wear a tiara from the existing royal collection. I also think that she will wear a dress from a Swedish designer. And I really, really hope that they have the courage to do something different than V&D + M&C. Repeat weddings are quite boring, IMO.

And the king himself of course, married a commoner.

Different scenario though, as he was already king.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-03-2014, 01:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post
And the king himself of course, married a commoner.

Different scenario though, as he was already king.
Yes, so I think that the king&queens wedding could be compared to Victoria and Daniels, if any.

I think the amethyst tiara would look great on Sofias dark hair. We'll have to wait and see.
Old 12-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't decide between a new tiara or one from the existing royal collection, so i would suggest:
- an foundation-tiara for the wedding day (the connaught or the amethist, depending on her dress)
- a new design tiara (designed by P.C-P ofcourse) for the pre-wedding event on the night before, something like the diamond foam of Monaco (okay, i'm a bit obsessed with that one )

don't even know if there will be an evening event, but as i want her to wear two tiara's there will have to be some extra tiara-festivity

Closed Thread

Tags
carl philip, prince carl philip, sofia hellqvist, wedding