The Crown Prince family's trip abroad

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As it is a private visit (paid by themselves) they did not say any info on the place of living. It is also a safety reason that plays a huge role as they traveling with all kids.

Ingrid Alexandra just started school this summer. Do you think she will have a private teacher for this period?

I did not find any info on Ingrid having a private teacher, it is just said that they will continue studying. So it may be parents or a teacher to study with her and Marius.

:previous: Ah, I see. In the English article it says:
The family has a well-prepared programme for their children to follow to enable them to keep up with their schoolwork the weeks they will be abroad.
The whole article: kongehuset.no - Travels abroad

I also wonder if they will have official engagements for the Royal house in this period anyway.
Apart it's quite an interesting descission. It sounds like a great experience.

Last edited:
They have sed for privacy... Do they not realise that they are public figures so that means little to no privacy

Accordin the report from the Royal House, Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit are asking the press to let them have this journey undisturbed. So probraby we won't know nothing about their trip.

Last edited:
Ingrid Alexandra just started school this summer. Do you think she will have a private teacher for this period?

Side2 answers:

"We will not have a private teacher, it is only the prince and I will do the training, we look forward to. There will be a nice continuation of work and homework we've done the rest of the year. In addition, we work with schools and those who help us at home created a program for kids to learn about other cultures and religions, "said Crown Princess Mette-Marit."

KRONPRINSESSE METTE-MARIT - Mette-Marit skal bli lærer - Side2

This is a little different IMO and will give rise to all types of speculation.

On the other hand, this is the slowest time in regards to engagements, etc.

I wonder if they will be taking Marius?

I find it quite strange. I wonder where they will live? Maybe in South America or Asia?

Yes, they take the whole family ;)
Thanks for the answer, I just wondered since he was older if he would want to interupt his life to go. I thought maybe he would stay with friends or his father. I am glad he is going because he is one of my favorite "royal" children. I think it will be a great experience for the family and it really isn't that long but I will miss seeing them at Christmas, hopefully they will come for the holidays.
Thanks again:flowers:

I'm not sure that 8 weeks qualifies as 'living' somewhere else. More like an extended vacation. I would think they willl be visiting more than one place in that amount of time.

Well living might not be the right word only what I meant is that staying 2 months in unfamiliar surroundings might offer them some new challenges and experiences they wouldn't make at home.

i am divided on this. while their decision to travel with the whole family is one of the best they could take, because of the priceless experience when meeting other people and getting to know other cultures, i think they tend to forget that they are public figures and that there is a purpose to their priviliged life what is serving the country. you cant switch on and off who you are, like today i am crown prince and agree to be photographed but for the next three months we are haakon and mette with kids, travelling and want to be left alone. i doubt the media will follow suit what makes an experience that is fantastic for joe average a bit difficult for royals who want to be normal from time to time. not possible. i hope they can enjoy their trip and get the experience they are looking for but i find this decision a bit naive and hardly compatible with what they are there for and supposed to do.

they have done a similar thing before, going to do studies in london, what didnt really work out and attracted some heavy criticism. they are no normal family, even if they wished to, and shouldnt overdo making use of their priviliged position. no other cp couple would get away with such a thing.

but hey, the norwegians have always been different, haakon is "normal" compared to his sister, but maybe they will pay a heavy price in the end, being abolished.

It is an odd development. A desire to have some real rest without photographers is understandable. It is impossible for me to determine whether or not 8 weeks of visiting new places and experiencing new cultures will have an adverse impact on the image of the Norwegian royal family. I can't help, but wonder what prompted Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess to make such a decision.

Last edited:
It is an odd development. On one hand, a desire to have a some real rest without photographers is understandable. On the other hand, 8 months are a bit too much. I can't help, but wonder what prompted Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess to make such a decision.

It's not 8 months, it's 2 months. From the end of November 2010 till the end of January 2011. :)

PR :flowers:

:previous:
My post has been modified completely.

I adore this couple and their family so much for their unusual decisions and lifestyle. Of course a "two-months-abroad" experience might not change their lives forever but it will give them time to grow closer as a family. Hopefully they will have lots of fun together and share great moments with people from all over the world. I just have the image in my head of the Norwegian crown princely family living undercover for a while. Oh please please please let their paths cross mine :)

I admire the decision as well. I think it's great of them to expose their children to other cultures in a more in depth way than "official" visits will allow. And I think the trip loses its effectiveness and point if there's media trailing behind them the entire time.

Haakon recently gave an interview where he confessed to feeling a bit guilty about being away from the kids so often while on official duty. I wonder if maybe this isn't a way for him to spend more time with them and indulge his passion for global issues at the same time.

I'm guessing they aren't stopping at Disney World, Sea World, Universal or the attractions as we Central Floridans call them. They probably will do more off the beat and path type experiences.

As a big fan of this family I regret very much to have to spend two months without news or pix !

Martial Problems?

This is very, very strange....

I think it will be a fun experience for the whole family. Maybe they'll be back for Christmas celebrations? Kind of an odd time to take some time out as IA and Marius are in school.

I think it will be a fun experience for the whole family. Maybe they'll be back for Christmas celebrations? Kind of an odd time to take some time out as IA and Marius are in school.

I take it that the family will be gone over Christmas and will not return for the holidays. I agree it's an odd time to take a two month leave of absence. It's not really fair to the King and Queen as they have to shoulder the work, but if they approved, then who am I to complain?:flowers:

I wonder, why do they want make this trip now? King Harald is maybe ill? And as King and Queen couldn't Haakon and MM make such travels, and they will have much less time for eachother.
Here is winter, so I think they travel in such country, where is warmer. And maybe not Europe, they know this lifestyle here.

Odd is an understatement...

Wonder what the motivation behind it was. It's certainly not a conventional circumstance.

They seem rather 'flighty'. A tad bohemian, imo.

Martial Problems?

That said, I never understand why people lunge for the most dramatic possibilities...

Back
Top Bottom