Philippe & Mathilde's Visit to Russia : 26 June - 1 July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it just me, or has the Princess seemed to have lost a bit of her former glow? She also does seem quite so put together as we are used to seeing her. But then again, the lady does have 3 children, that she is taking care of! I can't imagine that is an easy job!

But I would like to see her glow a bit like she used to! The shirt with the holes in the sleeves did nothing for me! It seemed so different than her usual style!

Ah well, we can't all like everything..

Mathilde looks fantastic!!!!
Somebody knows if it goes to have banquet?

At http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm maandag 26/6/06 19 u you can see a part of the interview the prince and the princess gave before they left. It will start at 18.00 min. (It's followed by the birthdayparty of the queen of England.)

Also on 27/06/06 19u at about 20.40 there is a smal video. At the end the reporter told that although Philip and Mathilde won't see eachother much during this mission, the prince brought some flowers. You can see the nice gesture of Mathilde after she received them.

Last edited:
Crown Prince Philippe (2-R) and Princess Mathilde (2-L) meet with Vice Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Alexander Zhukov (R) and his wife Ekatarina Zhukova (L) at the Friendship House of Moscow, Monday, 27 June 2006

from anp

Prince Philippe in the inauguration of the new factory Sybelco

from terra

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 278
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 360
  • 72080dfe3a1c1g.jpg
    72080dfe3a1c1g.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 72080dfe2939fg.jpg
    72080dfe2939fg.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 72080dfe29468g.jpg
    72080dfe29468g.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 295
  • 72080dfe29595g.jpg
    72080dfe29595g.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 241
Last edited:
martha-louise said:
Also on 27/06/06 19u at about 20.40 there is a smal video. At the end the reporter told that although Philip and Mathilde won't see eachother much during this mission, the prince brought some flowers. You can see the nice gesture of Mathilde after she received them.
This clip is indeed worth a view. The new media-strategy is working and vtm captured a really sweet moment! Thumbs up for Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde.

Princess Mathilde is looking lovely in the orange jacket! It's the same jacket as princess Maxima wore only recently, but in a red variant. I especially liked the pics of Mathilde in front of the monastery. Russian architecture is so beautiful! :)

from wireimage

Princess Mathilde of Belgium Sighting at Le Royal Meridien National Hotel - June 27, 2006

Attachments

• 9210361abrilabril627200655941PM.jpg
    9210361abrilabril627200655941PM.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 441
  • 9210362abrilabril627200655930PM.jpg
    9210362abrilabril627200655930PM.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 399
  • 9210363abrilabril627200655949PM.jpg
    9210363abrilabril627200655949PM.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 480
Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mathilde looks really great. I love her outfit and her necklace, but first of all, her charming smile.

Philippe and Mathilde met Moscow's Mayor Yuri Luzhkov (R) at the Moscow city hall, today (Belga)

and Mathilde visited a Belgian restaurant (saying “Cheers” to the pregnancy rumours) (Belga)

Last edited:
That's such a classical outfit Mathilde is wearing! I love it! :)

Some more pics of the meeting with the Vice Prime Minister of the Russian Federation Alexander Zhukov and his wife Ekatarina Zhukova (L) at the Friendship House of Moskowin Moscow (Belga)

Some more impressions of Prince Philippe´s activities (Belga)
Visting the Space Equipment Institute NIIAO in Moscow (space travelling is fascinating ;-)

Inspecting a new factory - he received a nice gift too (Belga)

Last edited:
…and the last ones (Philippe doing some media work, etc.) (Belga)

Very sad news: The Belgian police have found the bodies of the Stacy (7) and Natalie (10) who went missing earlier this month in Liege.
Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde offered their commiserations to the parents, who lost their child. "As parents ourselves, we want to express our feelings with the parents," Philippe told reporters on the Red Square. “To demonstrate respect there will be no statements about the mission and our walk [=across the Red Square] will be shortened.” (Source: Standaard.be)

th_86643_p4537374.jpg

My deepest condolences go out to the parents and the family of Stacy and Nathalie. It´s so inapprehensible that these things happen.

Last edited:
Yes I read about it, absolutly horrible and very sad, and again in Liege, wasn`t a couple of the girls from Dutroux-case also from Liege?:( Very nice of the Prince and Princess to say that and show their respect, I guess they might not go to Luxembourg either, not really the time for a party.

Last edited:
Oh, that's really horrible. :( My deepest condolences to everybody involved. Such sad times for Belgium. I remember the horrors from a few years ago very well, since my parents live quite close to the area where it all happened and it made a big impression on me. So sad that it's happening again...

They just told on the news that the corps of Nathalie , the other missing girl , is found .

I am in Liège and I can tell you that in my office, everybody was listening to the radio for news and everybody is in huge shock

What devastating news. My sympathetic thoughts to all Belgians on this board.

I have no words to express what I feel hearing this new... Amazing gesture from Crown Princes.

I just wish Belgian people the best on this hurtful and difficult times.

What an awful tragedy. My condolences to the children's families, as well as all Belginas. I think it is very admirable of Phillipe and Mathilde to cut short their visit.

We're under the shock here too. All our condolences to the family of the little victims.
It's so a nice gesture from Philippe and Mathilde to have shortened their trip.

I can't belief the're realy dead . This two past weeks we were hoping they would be alive , but now it realy comes as a shock , so terrible ...
Everybody here is talking about it , people can't belief that after what happened in 1996 ( Dutroux) , this can happen again . Last time there is so much sad news in Belgium : murd on a 17-year old boy for an mp3-player, a boy killed a black-woman and a lillte girl , a busdriver is killed by a group a youngsters ... I hope it realy stops now !
It's indeed a nice gesture of Filip and Mathilde .

Some pictures from the shortened walk across the Red Square and the visit to the Kremlin in Moscow (belga).

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited:
Really, these two are just the classiest of the Crown Couples, especially Mathilde. The more I see her the more I am impressed by her beauty, intelligence and humilty.

Thank you so much for the photos today, Johann. I agree with the above comments that this is such a classy couple -- they're always appropriate to whatever situation they're in. On another topic, did Philippe say that they would shorten their trip or just shorten the walk across Red Square? It seems with the King and Queen in Belgium to express the sympathy of the Royal Family perhaps Philippe and Mathilde can continue with their trip? I wonder.

Emily said:
On another topic, did Philippe say that they would shorten their trip or just shorten the walk across Red Square? It seems with the King and Queen in Belgium to express the sympathy of the Royal Family perhaps Philippe and Mathilde can continue with their trip? I wonder.
It was just a short notice, but I think Philippe only referred to the walk across the Red Square. Maybe more photo-opportunities were planed and they cancelled it due to the new situation. I assume they got the news during their walk across the Red Square and decided to stop it.Just saw a short news clip and both Philippe and especially Mathilde seemed to be very affected. It’s difficult to handle these situations.

Lila Rose said:
I can't belief the're realy dead . This two past weeks we were hoping they would be alive , but now it realy comes as a shock , so terrible ...
Everybody here is talking about it , people can't belief that after what happened in 1996 ( Dutroux) , this can happen again . Last time there is so much sad news in Belgium : murd on a 17-year old boy for an mp3-player, a boy killed a black-woman and a lillte girl , a busdriver is killed by a group a youngsters ... I hope it realy stops now !
Lila Rose listed the sequence of calamities that happened during the last months. With all this humans a whole world went down - their laughter, their dreams, their hopes…It’s an irreparable loss. It’s high time to discuss, what has to be changed in our society and in our personal behaviour to avoid such tragedies.

If you want to offer your sympathies to the parents of Stacy and Nathalie you can send an e-mail to soutiensteun@childfocus.org.

Last edited:
Love the dress that Mattilde is wearing, very elegant. Sorry to hear about the brutality. Just another sign of the evil times we are living in.

Stellad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom