The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM
Majesty

That school is very impressive looking!

Sweet, lovely girl.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the photos of the children going back to school; I've always liked how close they seem to be with one another - I can imagine the others miss Elisabeth when she goes back to Wales.
I knew Elisabeth's school was grand, but I didn't know it was quite literally a castle - almost Hogwarts-like

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-09-2019, 07:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

While perhaps not as impressive as Alnwick (aka the outside of Hogwarts), it is impressive.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St_Donat%27s_Castle

It is located in St Donat's castle. Parts date back to the 1200's. It was owned for centuries by the Stradling family.

Most of what we see today was restored by William Randalph Herst. He bought it and spent a lot of money restoring it. During WWII it was used for troops, and after Hearst often loaned it to his friend Bob Hope.

It was purchased from his estate 10 years after he died, and donated to be used to house the college.

I always wanted to go to school in a castle, even before Harry Potter.

The siblings indeed always look so close. I am sure they miss Elisabeth and she them but she seems to enjoy the school.
Old 09-11-2019, 05:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Elisabeth will receive a stamp for her 18th birthday. It will be released on 21 October , four days before her birthday. The pre-publication on the stamp is blurred for the "surprise".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEK_etPW...pg&name=medium
https://nbocdn.akamaized.net/Assets/...767&scale=both
Old 09-11-2019, 06:27 AM
Majesty

It looks like they used a photo of Elisabeth from National Day 2017.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-12-2019, 03:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Elisabeth will receive a stamp for her 18th birthday. It will be released on 21 October , four days before her birthday. The pre-publication on the stamp is blurred for the "surprise".

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEK_etPW...pg&name=medium
https://nbocdn.akamaized.net/Assets/...767&scale=both

Pity they used an older picture and not a new one.
Old 09-12-2019, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

It's a "new" photo from an earlier photoshoot.

Queen Mathilde: Coming Up: New Stamp
Old 09-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore View Post
It's a "new" photo from an earlier photoshoot.

Queen Mathilde: Coming Up: New Stamp
I see. But I hoped for a photo from a new photoshoot. Something where she looks like her present self. She grew a lot in the last few years.

Tags
prince emmanuel, prince gabriel, princess eleonore, princess elisabeth