The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-14-2019, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Princess Elisabeth, Duchess of Brabant, News and Events: October 2019 -

The Duchess of Brabant News and Events Thread

Welcome to the The Duchess of Brabant News and Events Thread which has been created in honour of the 18th Birthday of Her Royal Highness,Princess Elisabeth of Belgium The Duchess of Brabant.

While doing so, please remember to follow the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines:
In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
We expect our members to treat each other with respect.

Old 10-14-2019, 03:05 PM
Majesty

What a lovely idea...Elisabeth now has her own thread to mark her 18th birthday and coming of age as Duchess of Brabant!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-14-2019, 03:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Lovely to see her have her own thread as an adult now

I am still having a hard time realizing that one of the kids who was a baby when I started getting into royalty (other then UK) is now or soon to be an adult.
Old 10-14-2019, 03:41 PM
Majesty

I wish King Baudouin and especially Fabiola could see how beautifully Elisabeth and the other children have been brought up.

Baudouin never knew Mathilde and the children, but I am certain he would be thrilled with them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Great idea to have created that thread, I hope there will be plenty of news and pix to fill it !
Old 10-15-2019, 05:11 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
I wish King Baudouin and especially Fabiola could see how beautifully Elisabeth and the other children have been brought up.

Baudouin never knew Mathilde and the children, but I am certain he would be thrilled with them.

Don't worry, they do see that. From elsewhere
Old 10-22-2019, 05:56 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Since there unexpectedly is an official celebration for the eighteenth birthday of the Duchess of Brabant we have opened a new thread for her birthday itself. This thread can be used for news and events after the birthday celebrations.

You can find the thread here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ml#post2263388
Old 02-27-2020, 10:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Elisabeth will be the godmother of the new Belgian oceanographic research vessel "Belgica II
In her time, Queen Fabiola had baptized the Belgica I in 1984

https://defencebelgium.com/2020/02/2...re-belgica-ii/
Old 02-27-2020, 11:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Well a new and wonderful Opportunity to see her ! I look forward to it !
Old 03-15-2020, 07:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Princess Elisabeth remains at the Atlantic College in Wales where she's to take part in her final exams in May. Those who leave campus to go home can't return for the exams

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/royalty/...ales~a632e11d/
Old 03-15-2020, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Elisabeth remains at the Atlantic College in Wales where she's to take part in her final exams in May. Those who leave campus to go home can't return for the exams

https://www.hln.be/showbizz/royalty/...ales~a632e11d/
What's going on with her is happening to alot of the UWC'S. Us first years are being told to leave while the second years are allowed to stay for exams but given restrictions. It's really unfortunate.
Old 03-15-2020, 12:04 PM
Majesty

It is a sad situation but to waste the time she has already spent working on this away from home it is sensible to complete the examinations and then return home provided the school is not exposed to Covid-19.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

"Belgian Crown Princess Elisabeth, who boards at UWC Atlantic College in Wales, will return to Belgium. Her school "have taken the decision today to encourage the repatriation of as many students as possible to their home countries as a matter of urgency.""

https://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/...064705/photo/1
Old 03-18-2020, 02:51 AM
Nobility

Her parents will be relieved to see HRH. I wondered if she is banned from seeing her grandparents for safety sake.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:39 AM
Majesty

14 day self isolation seems to bee the norm and very sensible
Old 03-19-2020, 01:13 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
Her parents will be relieved to see HRH. I wondered if she is banned from seeing her grandparents for safety sake.

I believe so. Here in Belgium they stress really hard on not mixing the generations. Grandparents and grandchildren must stay apart. The TV station één broadcasts messages that familymembers film for eachother.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post

Probably or very surely there is ban. Ex-king couple is very old already and king Albert II hasn't very good health. He hardly would last corona.
Old 03-19-2020, 01:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Are the retired royal couple still visiting the country, or are they back at home in Italy?
Old 03-19-2020, 06:45 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I don't know what it's like in Belgium but the British government have advised children not to be in the care of grandparents when self-isolating, so I would presume that the Belgian government are following similar guidelines and thus Elisabeth wouldn't be allowed to visit her grandparents. The good thing about today is that there are always virtual ways of keeping in touch.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 03-19-2020, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

I have read Nothing here in Belgium forbidding children and grand parents mixing… of course we are advised to keep isolated.