The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > King Philippe, Queen Mathilde and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-21-2008, 05:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pics from Getty
Baby Princess Eleonore Leaves Erasmus Hospital In Anderlecht, 21 Apr 2008.
http://legacyeditorial.gettyimages.c...%7c0&p=7&tag=1

Pics from Lfi
PRINCE PHILLIPE OF BELGIUM REGISTERED THE BIRTH OF HIS DAUGHTER PRINCESS ELEONORE AT THE CITYHALL OF ANDERLECHT IN BRUSSELS. 21 APRIL 2008.
London Features International Ltd

From Prismanews
Derechos España y Portugal: Visitas a la pequeña Eleonor de Belgica - Agencia Prisma

Old 04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Majesty

I can't get over how radiant and beautiful Mathilde looks...I keep saying it but she looks like she has been on vacation!

Old 04-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Aristocracy

In the video from "de standaard" Prince Filip says once again that he is very proud and that it was always there dream to have two boys and two girls. He says that the other children are waiting for them. He thanks the people for all the wishes for Eléonore. He thanks princess Mathilde for the late but beautiful birthdaypresent.
Mathilde thanks Prince Filip for supporting her with the children and that he is a good father.
One of the journalists asks what Princess Elisabeth thinks of her sister and Mathilde says that she is very proud, she acts like al real mother. She wants to take care of het sister all the time and Princess Mathilde has to stop her sometimes so she can take care of her youngest daughter herself. You could really see that in the pictures.

Princess Elisabeth, Prince Gabriël, Prince Emmanuel and Princess Eléonore are such adorable children
Old 04-21-2008, 06:35 PM
Nobility

Princess Eleonore is a beautiful baby...Mathilde looks wonderful as well!
Old 04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by elisabetteke View Post
One of the journalists asks what Princess Elisabeth thinks of her sister and Mathilde says that she is very proud, she acts like al real mother. She wants to take care of het sister all the time and Princess Mathilde has to stop her sometimes so she can take care of her youngest daughter herself. You could really see that in the pictures.
Elisabeth is so sweet...

Thank you for the translation
Old 04-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Serene Highness

I was a little disappointed with Mathilde's Dutch.
I don't mind the accent, but there are a lot of mistakes in her sentences. Philippe also sometimes literally translates sentences from French to Dutch and then it sounds so ridiculous.
I would think as future king and queen they would take regular lessons, but both her knowledge and Philippe's seem to remain the same.

I'm happy they send their children to a dutch school. And as they speak french at home, the children will be perfect bilingual.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:45 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange View Post
Prince Philippe & Princess Mathilde of Belgium Introduce Princess Eleonore - Pictures - Zimbio - Elisabeth is just like her father's twin in this picture. The three kids look absolutely thrilled, though Emmanuel looks a little sad in some photos. Maybe he's sad that he's not the baby anymore!

Oh Gosh! deredactie.be - Paleis geeft eerste beelden Eléonore vrij
Wait until you get to 1:10 or so, and there is just a sweet moment when Philippe is holding the baby, and Mathilde reaches up and takes his hand. It was just so sweet and you can tell they are so happy and in love with their four beautiful children :)

Also, can anyone translate what Philippe and the people and hospital staff are saying here: deredactie.be - "Dames en heren, voor u staat een trotse vader"
Prince Filippe is saying:
Ladies and Gentleman, as you can see there is a proud father standing in front of you, It's a girl: Eléonore. My wife and I are very proud

Then the reporter is saying that the name Eléonore is an Arabian name and it means: God is my light

Then they are saying that people can leave a message for them, and then you see this guy with flowers: he says that they are for Mathilde
Then a women is saying that she also came to the hospital for another baby of Prince Filippe and Princess Mathilde

The doctor of the hospital is saying: that it started slowly, but that now the people are showing up more, now that they now there is a new princess
Old 04-22-2008, 11:47 AM
Commoner

I like it that they also named her after Fabiola, because she said this weekend that she lost 5 children with King Boudewijn:

Here is the article:

HLN: Royalty - Fabiola had vijf miskramen (251117)
Old 04-22-2008, 11:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle16 View Post
I like it that they also named her after Fabiola, because she said this weekend that she lost 5 children with King Boudewijn:

Here is the article:

HLN: Royalty - Fabiola had vijf miskramen (251117)

I forgot to translate it ;

It says that this is the first time that Fabiola has spoken about it.
She says that she has learned a lot from it. And that is hasn't made her a bitter person, but that she has appreciated life more.
She and her husband have put a lot of time in getting Prince Filippe ready for the throne, that is why she is so close with Filippe and Mathilde.
Sometimes the news of a pregnancy did leak and then people would send flowers and gifts, but unfortunately she lost each baby
Old 04-22-2008, 01:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle16 View Post
I forgot to translate it ;

It says that this is the first time that Fabiola has spoken about it.
She says that she has learned a lot from it. And that is hasn't made her a bitter person, but that she has appreciated life more.
She and her husband have put a lot of time in getting Prince Filippe ready for the throne, that is why she is so close with Filippe and Mathilde.
Sometimes the news of a pregnancy did leak and then people would send flowers and gifts, but unfortunately she lost each baby
Thanks so much for translating.

What a nightmare....FIVE miscarriages??! I read in one book that in 1966 Queen Fabiola crawled on her knees to the shrine of St Francis of Assisi in Italy to pray for a living baby. She miscarried a month or so later.

I am happy that Philippe and Mathilde honored her with this little girl.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 AM
Nobility

Can anyone tell me where I can find the adress to send a card? Thank you
Old 04-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxima88 View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the adress to send a card? Thank you

The adress is:
The Royal Palace
Rue Brederode 16
B- 1000 Bruxells-Brussel
Belgium
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Courtier

Congrats to the happy couple!! What a beautiful family and so very much in love.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Aristocracy

Baby Eleonore looking cute and Princess Mathilde looking beautiful and happy. CONGRATULATIONS.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:09 AM
Heir Apparent

I am not sure about if anyone saw these photos. I am sharing with you enjoy.

Royalportraits
Old 05-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Nobility

wathe a nice pictures ! i think that Eleonor looks like her sister Elizabeth !
Old 05-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Delight View Post
I am not sure about if anyone saw these photos. I am sharing with you enjoy.

Royalportraits
Thanks There's some very nice pictures among them! Mathilde looks so happy, the pictures are really lovely. Can't wait to see her again for her christening
Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess leonor View Post
Thanks There's some very nice pictures among them! Mathilde looks so happy, the pictures are really lovely. Can't wait to see her again for her christening
You are welcome! Yes ,Mathilde looks very happy & baby is really sweet.
Old 05-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

sweet child so pretty
Old 05-08-2008, 01:44 AM
Courtier

when is her Christening?

Tags
birth, eleonore, princess eleonore