The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Courtier

ABC - Anywhere But Canada - kinda expensive for a Canadian taxpayer + more fun to see them in exotic countries

Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Isn't it going to be just as expensive for all the other taxpayers who countries C&C visit?
I'd like to see them visit more Commonwealth nation countries.

Old 10-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Serene Highness

I wish they would come to the Central Florida area and visit.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

I would like them to visit Austria.
Old 10-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadder View Post
I would like them to visit Austria.
I love that idea too.. Austria has a lot of history of so many things.

As we're musing where they could go.. I'd suggest they take time and have a totally secluded getaway in one of my favorite places in the world to go. The Shenandoah National Park.. Imagine! the only things peering in their window would be a curious deer!

Shenandoah National Park (U.S. National Park Service)
Old 10-26-2010, 09:22 PM
Serene Highness

Come to Florida the Sunshine State.
Old 10-27-2010, 03:10 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It's strange how royals tend to visit places like NY and Washington when Florida is just as attractive. Or California, Houston or San Fransisco.

I do wish someone would come up and visit Yorkshire again, last time someone was here it was 2002 and I was away.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Serene Highness

It seems like when the royals do visit the Central Florida area, they usually go to the attractions with their children and families. This is usually Disney, although I imagine they go to the other places (Universal, Sea World) as well.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
It's strange how royals tend to visit places like NY and Washington when Florida is just as attractive. Or California, Houston or San Fransisco.
I wonder why?

FYI: C&C visited San Fran and CA when they visited the US in 2005.

Quote:
I do wish someone would come up and visit Yorkshire again, last time someone was here it was 2002 and I was away.
I am reasonably sure that Charles & Camilla have visited Yorkshire since their wedding. I also thought Charles visited Yorkshire again a few years ago after the floods
Old 10-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I wonder why?

FYI: C&C visited San Fran and CA when they visited the US in 2005.
I wonder why as well, that's why I made the point. And really, I didn't know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I am reasonably sure that Charles & Camilla have visited Yorkshire since their wedding. I also thought Charles visited Yorkshire again a few years ago after the floods
In 2006, they visited Ripon and Harrogate in connection with Agriculture and Horses. Prince Charles visited Sheffield as Patron of the Festival of Muslim Culture.
In 2008, The Prince of Wales visited West Yorkshire in connection with The Princes Trust/Regeneration Trust.
In 2009, Prince Charles and DOC, visited Leeds in connection with charity and business work.
This is according to the Court Circular and looking at the map, seems like 10-15 events in 5 years. IMO they, and other royals should visit 'up north' more often.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Quote:
Without stating the obvious, Washington DC happens to be the capital, and where the President is based. As guests of the President, one would expect the visiting royals to visit the President.

Also, lets be clear, most royals visiting the US on official visits tend not be looking for places "just as attractive" - their itenararies are based on important meetings or for causes they support as opposed to "just as attractive" places.

When C&C visited the US in 2005, they visited amongst other places, New Orleans to see first hand the impact of Katrina. Hardly as "attractive" location.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop View Post
ABC - Anywhere But Canada - kinda expensive for a Canadian taxpayer + more fun to see them in exotic countries
Yes anywhere but here. Thanking you in advance. Pls go to India as they are able to truly accomodate you there.
Old 01-03-2011, 04:42 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Yes anywhere but here. Thanking you in advance. Pls go to India as they are able to truly accomodate you there.
What was that comment about?
Old 01-17-2011, 02:53 PM
Aristocracy

well i always enjoy it when members of the royal family come to canada it reminds people here hopefully a bit of who we are and where we come from as a nation.
being so close to the US their culture sometimes feels overwhelming so its nice to have them here to add what little separation from the yanks we can get
Old 01-18-2011, 12:33 AM
Heir Apparent

I'm not anti-American, but I agree with you about the Royal Family making us distinct from our cousins to the south.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doric44 View Post
being so close to the US their culture sometimes feels overwhelming so its nice to have them here
Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:

In 2006, they visited Ripon and Harrogate in connection with Agriculture and Horses. Prince Charles visited Sheffield as Patron of the Festival of Muslim Culture.
In 2008, The Prince of Wales visited West Yorkshire in connection with The Princes Trust/Regeneration Trust.
In 2009, Prince Charles and DOC, visited Leeds in connection with charity and business work.
This is according to the Court Circular and looking at the map, seems like 10-15 events in 5 years. IMO they, and other royals should visit 'up north' more often.

NY and DC? The same reason they visit Ottawa when in Canada, and cities like Edmonton and Victoria, and not places like Moosejaw. DC is the capital of the US, it is where the president, the government, foreign embassadors and such are. When they come for a state visit, it is of course where they come. It is also home to the OAS, which the UK has visitor status on. New York is the financial capital of the US, as well as home to the United Nations.

They go to places like Disney land when on private family trips with kids. Their usual trips are political affairs, and they go to the vities most important. They don't have time to take a bus tour through Wisconsin.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charles used to come to Wellington/Palm Beach Florida to play polo in the winter when he was younger. He used to take the concorde over and back.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
What I would like to see and I think it is well within the realm of possibility is for Charles and Camilla to visit and tour countries and areas that have been hit by devastation such as Chile, Haiti, Australia, Indonesia etc. As much as Charles is an activist on global warming and earth changes, I'd imagine he would be very interested in seeing first hand what happens with mega earthquakes, tsunamis and hurricanes and floods. As PoW now and future King, this would give a humanitarian aspect to a cause he's very passionate about.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Courtier

They should visit Morocco ^^
Old 01-20-2011, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

yes I think they should come to Morocco that would be nice.
I don't think they ever visit Morocco.Queen did it twice but Prince Charles.

Tags
camilla, charles, international travel, overseas trips