Charles and Camilla: Visit to Poland, Hungary & Czech Republic - March 15-23, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the programme of Charles and Camilla visit was released on the web of British Council in the Czech republic.

20.3. 2010
afternoon
- meeting with czech president Vaclav Klaus and his wife Livia at the Prague Castle
- visit to the Saint Cyril and Method´s Church

evening
- dinner with president and his wife (Prague Castle)

21.3. 2010
morning
- visit to the Saint Kliment´s Church

evening
- performance: Don Giovanni in the Estate Theathre

22.3. 2010
morning
Charles - visit to the Hostetin
Camilla - visit to the centre, where dogs for blind people are trained

afternoon
Charles - discussion with university students at Masaryk´s university in Brno
Camilla - visit to the ballet school of the National Theatre in Prague

evening
- oficial reception at the British embassy

23.3. 2010
morning
- meeting with Vaclav Havel and his wife Dagmar
afternoon
- visit to English College - student performance and meeting with students

. . . . . . . . .
I´m so excited because I have tickets on Don Giovanni´s performance, hope I will meet Charles and Camilla there.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Associated Press: Prince Charles to visit bison-filled Polish forest

Britain's Prince Charles visits Poland on Monday, a journey that includes a visit to a bison-filled woodland — Europe's last remaining primeval forest thanks to preservation efforts of kings and czars of centuries past.

The British Embassy in Warsaw said the environmentally minded prince, along with his wife, Camilla, will visit a bison reserve where they will be guaranteed a view of several of the hefty beasts that are Europe's largest land mammals and less-hirsute cousins of the North American buffalo.

First pics:

Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall meet Poland's President
Lech Kaczynski and his wife Maria Kaczynska at the Presidential Place
in Warsaw March 15, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

I forgot about this visit, Camilla looks wonderful, glad her back has improved. :)

I forgot about this visit, Camilla looks wonderful, glad her back has improved. :)

I'm not surprised you've forgotten about it. Not only have the British media made no mention of it at all but even the Prince of Wales's own website doesn't mentiuon it in the 'Diary' section present or future events:ermm:

I'm not surprised you've forgotten about it. Not only have the British media made no mention of it at all but even the Prince of Wales's own website doesn't mentiuon it in the 'Diary' section present or future events:ermm:

Yeah, that´s horrible I would like to know exact times of events to have a chance to be there and see him (them). In Czech media there were some mentions but only about the fact that he will come and what he will do, but exact time - no! The only think I know is that Don Giovanni starts at 19.00 cause I have a ticket also, but is it the same performance where Charles will be??

Nor did the official website of the British Monarchy, which actually
surprised me as well. But as long as the host country did not forget
their visit, it seems forgivable ;):)

Here's the zimbio gallery from today.

I really like this pic of the evening reception, the look between Camilla
and Charles is so nice, hope to see a bigger version of it:

** Pic **

Lovely photos iceflowe, many many thanks!!! Im shocked at the lack of mention by the BRF and the PoW. Truely suprised.

I had to look up Fr. Jerzy Popieluszko I did not know the relevance. Here's a site I found:
Reverend Marek B. Bozek - Jerzy Popieluszko

Now can our Polish friends on here tell me the reason why Polish heads of state are called "Lech?"

(And when they get a chance where Russo can get some dried cottage cheese for Mr. Russo who's Polish and has been badgering Russo for some dried cottage cheese peroggis??)

The Duchess of Cornwall has pulled out of a series of key engagements less than 24 hours into her official trip to Poland after being diagnosed with 'severe' back problems.
Camilla, who arrived in Warsaw with her husband, Prince Charles, on Monday had been due to visit a national park in the far east of the country as well as a traditional Tatar community today - one of the highlights of their three-day visit.

Camilla cancels Poland engagements over trapped nerve in back at start of nine-day tour | Mail Online

Back pain forces Duchess of Cornwall to curb Polish engagements - Telegraph

When will they leave to Hungary. The programme didn't mention it.

Guido, I've read that their stay in Poland is planned for three
days, that would mean that they'll be in Hungary on Thursday.

Here's the gallery of day 2, the pics of Charles at the Bison
Reserve with the snow in the background are nice, Camilla
visited the museum dedicated to Polish Composer Frederick
Chopin:

** zimbio/gettyimages: Charles And Camilla Visit Warsaw - Day 2 **

Poor Camilla, clearly suffering!

I wonder it is osteoporosis? The disease runs in her maternal side. I bet Prince Charles does not like it. He got mad when Princess Diana was sick on official trips. :);):)

It is hard to determine whether or not Prince Charles is angry with his current wife. If Duchess of Cornwall suffers from a medical condition, she should just retire from the public life and official engagements.

It is hard to determine whether or not Prince Charles is angry with his current wife. If Duchess of Cornwall suffers from a medical condition, she should just retire from the public life and official engagements.
Knowing Camilla--from what I've read, she will just muddle through and make the best of it. And having said that and having suffered through a serious back issue, I do have a lot of sympathy for the DoC. :flowers:

:previous:
Who needs her to muddle through? She is not exactly the most popular person in the British royal family. < ed Warren > Given Duchess' of Cornwall age, there will be less negative publicity. My views may be construed as unsympathetic, but I think that it would be better for her to enjoy her life and grandchildren in the private setting and participate in certain engagements (e.g., state banquets) < ed Warren >

If she did that, there would be a terrific public outcry. The public would be paying for her to have a normal life.
She has the occasional back problems, that doesn't mean she should pull out from all royal engagements. She already has a negative image, this would make it undoubtable worse, more worse than "muddling through".

So a trapped nerve and some cancelled engagements because of that should result in retirement from public life? Is this more about personal dislikes?

Now can our Polish friends on here tell me the reason why Polish heads of state are called "Lech?"
"Lech" is a very old polish name. Just recall that Walesa's name is also "Lech". Plus, long, long time ago, Poles have been called "Lechici" -> the decendants of Lech, our lengendary prince.

So a trapped nerve and some cancelled engagements because of that should result in retirement from public life? Is this more about personal dislikes?
It is not about personal dislikes, it is more about my personal view on duties. I was brought to believe that fulfilling duties is the most important thing. Perhaps ... the British royal family has got a different view on the matter. Given your post, it would be fair to presume that Duchess of Cornwall's medical condition was not crippling. Thus, she should have taken a pain-relieving medicine and carried on with engagements.

A trapped nerve can be very debilitating temporarily, and can make even small movements very very painful. As a result, the Duchess had to pull out of a relatively ardous journey over difficult terrain. The PoW still went, and the DoC carried out engagements in Warsaw instead. Hardly grounds for withdrawing from public life, IMO. Senior members of the BRF can hardly be accused of having a relaxed view of their duties.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom