Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to Pakistan - Oct 29-Nov 3, 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again for all links and pics of today!
On the Prince of Wales website is a good summary of the royal visit today:

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news/index.php

And there are two very nice pics, the first, where the Duchess talks with students and the second, where the Prince and the Duchess visit ancient Buddhist remains at Taxila.

I think, they both again looked absolutely great! A bit like a happy couple on holidays.

Well done Prince Charles. Let's just hope the message get's through and that His Royal Highness get's credit for his words.

"...truth and fairness and civilized values" mean different things in different cultures. I would have hoped for some more insightful comments from the Prince.

I disagree, grevinnan. All cultures value truth (honesty), fairness and civilized values. The problems arise when people from different cultures refuse to share these values, which is why they are generally called extremists. I think its admirable that the Prince is willing to put his own neck on the line (so to speak) in order to promote these values and understanding between cultures.

Royal couple visit earthquake zone

The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall witnessed the devastating impact of the Asian earthquake as they travelled to a small town in Pakistan-administered Kashmir which was ravaged by the disaster.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/01112006/344/royal-couple-visit-earthquake-zone.html

More pictures taken at the Fatima Jinnah college on the third day of the Royal Tour on October 31, 2006 in Islamabad.

http://www.abacausa.com/ximagi/search.php?u=&assignment_id=34533

Last edited by a moderator:
There are lots more pics of Charles and Camilla now on getty images when you type their names in now. They are so sweet when they are walking up and down the hill thing, especially when she grabs his hand.

Thank you to all, who posted links today!:flowers:

I like very much to see them talking to the people in Pattika. I think, it is not an easy visit for them, because they only can give the poor people their sympathy and try to show the terrible situation in the earthquake region again to the public, so that the people get more money and help, before the next winter starts there.

For me too, the ´holding hands´ pics are my favourites from today. They are such a nice couple:wub: .

And i also like Camilla in the blue shalwar karmeez at the presidential banquet. Very elegant!

Prince Charles and wife Camilla due in Lahore on Thursday

Prince Charles of Wales and British heir to the Throne will visit the provincial metropolis tomorrow (Thursday) alongwith his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall of their six-day visit to Pakistan

http://thepakistaninewspaper.com/news_detail.php?id=7045

thanks for the photos, is the blue outfit one of the ones she received at the start of the trip? its beautiful

bbb said:
thanks for the photos, is the blue outfit one of the ones she received at the start of the trip? its beautiful

I don't think so. This blue outfit I have already seen before. I think during their trip to India.

bbb said:

I don't think so. I think she brought this one with her. The coat looks like the one she's worn before, either in India or at home at the elephant event. I recognise the circular design at the waist. She seems to be wearing different trousers though. I think the shalwar karmeez pants she's been given will be gathered in at the ankle, though I could easily be wrong on that point. I'll try and hunt out a photo of the earlier event.

ETA It was the Indian elephant conservation fundraiser. Here she is:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/galleries/index.html?in_gallery_id=7289&in_page_id=1055

So we still have the new gift outfits to look forward to.

Last edited:
And there was me thinking that was one of the Farah Leghari outfits, it's still pretty, even if it is recycled!

Can't wait to see the pictures from Lahore, there'll be so much for them to see and do. I hope they visit the Mall and the Lahore Museum which is a fantastic building, as well as some of the Mughal monuments.

thanks for the link roslyn, good eye gladys
its very beautiful, but i'm looking forward to the new gift outfits also

hornsen said:

Thank you so much, Hornsen. I was looking for the hand-holding pics referred to above but couldn't find them. I can only see the third of these pics though. For some reason they won't let me have access to the other two.

Charles seems like a different person when he's near Camilla. He's very protective, and his expression so open and animated in photos with her! Her presence seems to switch on a part of his personality that's missing when she's not there. :wub:

Those were really good pictures, Hornsen.
Reminds me how Prince Charles and Camilla were holding hands, while climbing the hill during their visit to Egypt. :wub: :wub:

I just looked around to read some articles and comments of the Royal couples´ Pakistan visit.
I get the impression that the serious news channels and newspapers report positive about the visit: i read good comments about the talks and speeches Charles had and about the visits the couple made and the events TRH visited.
On the other hand i read this morning in the tabloids again critics about Camilla because she didn´t wear the poppy during her visit in Pattika and about a comment she gave about the laziness of British students (Daily Express).
So i don´t know what to think...is the reaction of their Pakistan visit a good or a bad one?
(Maybe the English members of this forum can tell me. Thank you :) )

The Duchess' kameez at the banquet was too long but she looked wonderful.

Prince Charles visits eastern Pakistan city of Lahore, praises UK troops in Afghanistan

LAHORE, Pakistan: Britain's Prince Charles on Thursday arrived in the eastern Pakistan city of Lahore to promote interfaith harmony and praise the efforts of U.K. soldiers in Afghanistan.
Charles, traveling with his wife, Camilla, is scheduled to visit an Islamic mosque, Sikh temple and Christian cathedral during his trip to Lahore, capital of eastern Pakistan's Punjab province. International Herald Tribune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom