Prince Charles and the Environment

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank goodness our Land Rover runs on recycled vegetable oil, if it was wine I might be tempted to siphon it off! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 15.+16.7.2008

The Prince of Wales speaks to the Corporate Leaders Group at
a climate change meeting in St James's Palace in London - 16 Jul

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

... and it would be most kind of Prince Charles to suggest feasible solution of dealing with this terrible situation... Not all farmers are rich enough to use the organic methods Prince Charles utilizes in his farms. Can he do anything palpable, except raising the awareness?

... and it would be most kind of Prince Charles to suggest feasible solution of dealing with this terrible situation... Not all farmers are rich enough to use the organic methods Prince Charles utilizes in his farms. Can he do anything palpable, except raising the awareness?
It would be rather pointless throwing money at the problem, as we have seen, many take the money and then don't follow the advice.

What Charles is doing, is raising awareness in the hope that a solution can be found, after all he is not claiming to be a 'savior', just trying to guide people in the right direction, especially the nay sayers.

Well... if Prince Charles can do nothing, but raise an awareness, it remains to be seen who will win : Prince Charles or Monsanto. Meanwhile poor people will suffer anyway.

From the above article/speech
While we hope and pray that the underlying strengths of the global economy will once again enable it to bounce back, the effects of climate change will be far, far from temporary and will indeed be irreversible."
Well said but will anyone listen? At least the Japanese manufacturers are working towards and actively seeking solutions!

From the above article/speechWell said but will anyone listen? At least the Japanese manufacturers are working towards and actively seeking solutions!

Wise words, well said PC

Plans to build a computer data centre powered by tidal energy have been welcomed by an organisation launched by Prince Charles.
Tidal power developer Atlantis Resources Corporation has been considering a site for the centre near Castle of Mey in Caithness

BBC NEWS | Scotland | Highlands and Islands | Royal group welcomes tidal plan

As long as this centre is sympathetic to the area and not a monstrous carbuncle!

Britain’s Prince Charles has called for the establishment of an international agency to issue long-term environmental bonds to provide emergency funding to rainforest nations and protect the world’s endangered forests.During a visit to Indonesia on Monday, the Prince of Wales said the proceeds of such a fund would be used to reduce developing nations’ reliance on industries such as palm oil and logging, which lead to the destruction of forests

FT.com / World - UK prince calls for agency to help forests

It is such an easy solution to make so-called rich countries pay bills to stop rainforest destruction. Perhaps, Prince Charles should ask opinion of citizenry of the rich countries, if they are willing to pay for it. Given the recession and financial difficulties, it may safely be presumed that citizens are not too eager to foot this bill. Countries should strive to take care of their problems without expecting richer countries to fund their endeavours to address a particular issue.

It is such an easy solution to make so-called rich countries pay bills to stop rainforest destruction. Perhaps, Prince Charles should ask opinion of citizenry of the rich countries, if they are willing to pay for it. Given the recession and financial difficulties, it may safely be presumed that citizens are not too eager to foot this bill. Countries should strive to take care of their problems and does not live on doles.
Many ordinary people, even in tough times would be prepared to work towards such a thing, IMO. Hence the large environmental following in the UK and Europe. However, it does not appear that Charles is asking for an increase in taxation to fund such an agency, but unite the ones that already exist as individual entities in the various rich nations. Many big businesses are keen to attract customers and they too would probably be involved. The time for talking about and setting up is now, not when the damage is beyond saving.

I do not understand what you are saying when you say
Countries should strive to take care of their problems and does not live on doles

I am sorry the sentence did sound awkward. I have re-phrased the sentence. I have meant that countries should not get money by asking other richer countries for it rather than by trying to find an applicable solution to the rainforests issue.
Given the current crisis, I do not see too many eager business entities funding issues related rainforest destruction.

I would agree that richer nations should look after their own affairs and leave the struggling ones to deal with theirs, however the west are the ones who have ultimately caused the destruction, by their greed for palm oil, rape seed, timber etc, it is only right that we should try to help with the problems we have contributed to.

Many big businesses will be more than willing to be involved and contribute, it adds to their credentials and attracts those who do care about the environment, even vaguely.

I don't want to seem trivial, but I do like palm oil soap - oh dear!!

This afternoon I was watching a post-election programme on Fox News, which is an internal news station rather than an international one like CNN International.

Because it is national, they cut to short general, scientific and medical news for the international audience while the ads are on. Today there was an article about the Queen and Prince Charles. His turning 60 has highlighted the fact that HM is still going strong in her 80's and therefore the POW has "resigned" himself to a long wait for the throne.

I know he has covered this well himself but I suddenly thought "not too soon", he still has a lot of work to do and if he is King that will be denied him. I don't think this point is lost on him.

His tireless work for humanity, the environment and so very many more worthy causes is deserving of some sort of "official" recognition. He is a humanitarian of truely immense proportion and a voice that is actually heard more often than not.

When I first logged on to the Royal Forums I did not expect to also get an eduacation in many areas that I would never have sought out for myselft.

:eek: Palm Oil (watch the YouTube link) Let us hope Charles can help in some way.

Thanks for the link skydragon, no more palm oil soap for me, I'll finished what I've got in the cupboard and then that's it - quits!!

Pic 17.12.2008

Britain's Prince Charles addresses the 'Accounting for Sustainability'
forum at St James Palace in London on December 17, 2008. The
forum aims to make big businesses and corporations become more
environmentally aware and accountable for their impact on global
resources.

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Last edited:
Charles has always been passionate about saving and regenerating our heritage which he felt was neglected even before the credit crunch, and he knows will be even more starved of resources now," a senior courtier tells Mandrake. "Thanks to the generosity of its supporters, the Trust has a lot of money to spend and Charles wants to ensure that every penny is spent wisely.

Prince Charles to the rescue of Britain's heritage - Telegraph

Pics 5.2.2009

Prince Charles, Prince of Wales delivers a speech at a conference
organised by his charity the Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment
at St James's Palace on February 5, 2008 in London, England.

The Prince spoke to an international audience critiscising the "brutal
and insensitive process of globalisation" highlighting the need to
respect indigenous cultures and traditions, retaining their sense of
community, when building in an increasingly globalised world.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Back
Top Bottom