The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-16-2017, 10:17 AM
Royal Highness

Apparently Andrew didn't like the fact Sir Christopher was a key figure behind his Trade Envoy role being taken off him and that Sir Christopher was the one who would veto Andrew using private jets and helicopters as often as he would like. So says the Times and I can't see Charles needing Andrew's support in this that much enough to give out titles or promises about future roles.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
If I had to put it into words, when comparing Charles to previous Princes of Wales, I would have to say that Charles rewrote, remodeled and redefined the role of The Prince of Wales. David (Edward VIII) really didn't put the heart and soul into the role that Charles has and those that preceded David lived in a totally different kind of a world.
To be fair to david, he too lived in a very different world to Charles. Charles was able to have a career in the Navy, while David was never Allowed as far as I recall to have more than a completely ceremonial role in the mitliary. And Charles was able to then set up the PRinces Trust and make it a special job of his own, when he left the Navy, whereas that sort of Initiaitve was only in its infancy in the 1930s. David DID do a lot of boring tours, and he was involved in charity work, but I agree he didn't really have his heart in it, as Charles did. He got more an more bored iwht the ceremonial duties _ "princing" .. but I think he didn't really have the dedication to try and find something more "useful" to do. As he grew older as POW he foud solace in gardening and Fort Belvedere, but these were hobbies..
and when he and Wallis settled in Paris after the war, he could have tried to find a more meaningful life, there, set up a charity, or as a patron of the arts.. but he didn't seem to really want to do that although eh was bored.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
Apparently Andrew didn't like the fact Sir Christopher was a key figure behind his Trade Envoy role being taken off him and that Sir Christopher was the one who would veto Andrew using private jets and helicopters as often as he would like. So says the Times and I can't see Charles needing Andrew's support in this that much enough to give out titles or promises about future roles.
So personal grudge it is. Pretty much what I figured. Thanks tommy100!
Old 09-16-2017, 09:04 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I think everyone should calm down.

None of this has been confirmed. Today (14/9) the British Foreign Secretary has strongly condemned actions in Myanmar.

It is for the British Gov to decide - Charles is a servant of the Government.

MY own view is that what is happening is despicable but that perhaps words from someone considered a friend can assist.

I would be surprised if it happened considering todays statement.
I don't disagree with you but, to my knowledge, the trip is still on. Even if it is cancelled, the question remains why it was announced in the first place. These types of trips are usually very well choreographed.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
From Clarence House

"Thank you for all the birthday wishes for HRH. To mark the occasion, we are releasing a second photo, taken in the garden of Clarence House."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DE8g6B5XYAEwZMg.jpg

I love her style!!
Great picture!
Old 09-17-2017, 12:08 AM
Imperial Majesty

Love this relaxed pic of Camilla!

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-17-2017, 12:09 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenPenny View Post
So personal grudge it is. Pretty much what I figured. Thanks tommy100!
Oh come on guys, this is the Daily Mail, you know, the one with the made up stories and magic photos.

That you should pluck Andrew out of the story and bash him is beyond comprehension.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Regarding the personnel changes, it looks like there has been a 'shake-up', but the reasons could be multi-layered imo. What is being spun and what is actually taking place could be vastly divergent realities.

It occurs to me that Andrew is being being mentioned so that it becomes 'Charles and Andrew', rather than just Charles on his own. Perhaps between the lines, something is needing to happen and staff unwilling to bend to a new regime were getting in the way of it. Maybe Charles is monarch in all but name?
Old 09-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Oh come on guys, this is the Daily Mail, you know, the one with the made up stories and magic photos.

That you should pluck Andrew out of the story and bash him is beyond comprehension.
According to tommy100's comment it was the times that reported this, not the DM.
Old 09-17-2017, 05:55 AM
Majesty

And just above mirabel posted this:

Queen's top aide 'is ousted in power struggle' | Daily Mail Online

Interestingly, this departure was announced in July and all the tabloids, etc. seem to think we have the attention span of the average gnat!

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...ecretary-rift/
Old 09-20-2017, 02:45 AM
Royal Highness

I'll be interested to see how the British Govt. reacts to the further unrest and flow of refugees to Bangladesh. As we know Royal visits to other states are planned and scheduled a year or two in advance. If the crisis remains ongoing or worsens the Govt. may cancel, but we can only wait and see.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Majesty

Actually, the trip to Myanmar has not been "cancelled" because it was never a confirmed trip.

Speculation, nothing more.

And the DM always personalise it, esp with Prince Charles - it is C&FO decision but wouldn't get the clicks

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 10-04-2017, 08:39 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Burma visit is off!
Charles cancels trip to Burma over 'ethnic cleansing' | Daily Mail Online
Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 AM
Courtier

The RF don't do political (well Charles may waver every so often, but nothing too major!), so no surprise there!
Old 10-11-2017, 04:34 PM
Majesty

Charles and Camilla are still looking for a new sous chef

Charles and Camilla still advertising for a new sous chef | Daily Mail Online
Old 11-14-2017, 08:40 AM
Majesty

New photo of Prince Charles from Mario Testino for his 69th Birthday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbeTHHBB...=clarencehouse

And 21-gun salute

http://www.gettyimages.com/search/mo...ssettype=image