General News for The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall 1: Feb 2015-Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...it says that Charles is allowed outside to exercise once a day. That seems odd. I wonder if a doctor is “allowing” it? It sounds like he’s in jail! Surely the next king can go outside whenever he wishes...

It's the same for every Brit; and the guidelines also advise to stay close to home and not go anywhere on public transport.

It's the rule for everyone, as other people have said. It does sound a bit like we're all imprisoned in the Tower of London and are only allowed out to walk round the courtyard once a day :) , but we're all allowed out to exercise once a day, somewhere local. And you can go out in your own garden, or on your own drive. I think every person in my street has washed their car in the last 4 days!

It's the rule for everyone, as other people have said. It does sound a bit like we're all imprisoned in the Tower of London and are only allowed out to walk round the courtyard once a day :) , but we're all allowed out to exercise once a day, somewhere local. And you can go out in your own garden, or on your own drive. I think every person in my street has washed their car in the last 4 days!

Well that's the law. How it is interpreted, its not for an amateur to say. But I saw on a news programme that driving a long way out in the country to go for a walk or take your dog out, isn't supposed to be permitted..as you can exercise locally without taking a trip. Possibly Charles is sticking to the rules even though he has his own grounds because he knows that a lot of people were flouting rules.

They want to make sure he doesn't start pruning something when he probably should avoid anything too strenuous.

I was surprised to read that as well, I mean he’s all by himself essentially - if he goes out in his gardens, he’s not going to infect anyone. That said, now that I think about it, it probably has to do with him pushing himself to hard even in just strolling the grounds....

That’s what made me wonder- is he very weak, or poorly, or is the “stay in your house” order that strictly interpreted?
Hope he’s okay.

That’s what made me wonder- is he very weak, or poorly, or is the “stay in your house” order that strictly interpreted?
Hope he’s okay.

Oh no, Charles is healthy and strong......my thinking was that, despite this, he IS 71 and so is still vulnerable (though probably better off than people half his age). Maybe walking is not considered exercise in the traditional sense - it's not strenuous (generally - I'm not referring to power walking). It's also a good idea to get fresh air.........

I am sure his doctor has given him strict guidelines to adhere to regards what he can and cannot do.
I wish HRH a good recovery.

What it all could mean too is that the PoW wants to be shown as adhering to the guidelines imposed just like everyone else is at this time. The article is illustrating just how Charles is coping with self isolation and keeping himself busy from home.

This is a man that takes brisk walks to relax and is always doing something. He's the furthest thing from the definition of a couch potato that I could think of. Camilla, on the other hand, is probably relishing being curled up on the couch with warm blankets, a cup of tea and a good book. I'm a Camilla.
:D

VF doesn't have access to Charles' medical records or an ear to his doctor. They are making statements on the quarantine guidelines in the UK. It is pretty easy to understand that Charles would follow the same.

As for 'the future king'.....as we have seen this virus has no respect for titles and position.

Oh no, Charles is healthy and strong......my thinking was that, despite this, he IS 71 and so is still vulnerable (though probably better off than people half his age). Maybe walking is not considered exercise in the traditional sense - it's not strenuous (generally - I'm not referring to power walking). It's also a good idea to get fresh air.........

His hands give away the notion of "healthy and strong".

What are you referring to? In any case, he’s always seemed healthy and strong to me. He looks good, he eats well....Charles is considered to be generally fit and healthy. Do you know something we don’t know?

I believe that Leopoldine is referring to Charles suffering from rosacea. He's had this all his life. Its defined as: "Rosacea (roe-ZAY-she-uh) is a common skin condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in your face. It may also produce small, red, pus-filled bumps. These signs and symptoms may flare up for weeks to months and then go away for a while."

One of the effects of rosacea is edema and that is what causes his fingers to swell up. Its not an indicator that Charles is in poor health but this condition could possibly be exacerbated by this virus. Older people (like me) are more prone to having underlying conditions such as COPD, chronic bronchitis and even a common cold and other pulmonary ailments which when mixed with COVID-19, can seriously make things so much worse and dangerous.

I believe that Leopoldine is referring to Charles suffering from rosacea. He's had this all his life. Its defined as: "Rosacea (roe-ZAY-she-uh) is a common skin condition that causes redness and visible blood vessels in your face. It may also produce small, red, pus-filled bumps. These signs and symptoms may flare up for weeks to months and then go away for a while."

One of the effects of rosacea is edema and that is what causes his fingers to swell up. Its not an indicator that Charles is in poor health but this condition could possibly be exacerbated by this virus. Older people (like me) are more prone to having underlying conditions such as COPD, chronic bronchitis and even a common cold and other pulmonary ailments which when mixed with COVID-19, can seriously make things so much worse and dangerous.

Robert Jobson has said that the Prince has had chest infections, so if that’s the case - and associated with rosacea - then it is worrisome because of how especially vulnerable he would be with pulmonary issues.

Of course, Charles isn’t healthy now, but in general he is quite robust and that should help see him through.

Hardly.

Like his father he has 'sausage fingers'. He was born with them. Queen Mary even commented on them when she saw him in 1948.

Philip also has them and he is 98 so hardly an indication of someone who is unhealthy or not strong.

I found myself astonished at the number of people who have moaned online and in the DF about Charles and Camilla being tested. Both spend their time helping to oil the wheels of trade, innovation, diplomacy, etc. On behalf of what people would think was an ungrateful nation if they didn't know better. Charles is 71 and his mother, our Queen is 93(?) And both still put in amazing days of work and while HM reluctantly has stepped back at this time, Charles had not until I guess he felt tired and decided to leave for Balmoral early for Easter.

Just from what we saw of his interaction with people from the 13th of March until he left was stunning (to be honest it made me feel tired). I do not know if the NHS is tracking contacts of the infected but I wonder how many of the people he met were infected. Even poor Prince Albert was sitting across the table from him and how many droplets touched the table or the paperwork that was moving around from infected people

As to the crammed reception? Anyone could have breathed on him just as someone did on BoJo. If they tracked everyone Charles mane would be there and his age and the fact he was unwell would seem a no brainer. As is the fact that the Duke and Duchess of Rothersay were in Scotland who has it's own health system.

Marg, the nastiness towards Charles and the BRF never fails to amaze me. Even in normal times, there’s an undercurrent of deep resentment towards them. If I see nasty, cruel comments on Twitter, I block them - I can’t deal with that kind of inhumanity.

I’m glad Charles continues to do well...

I found myself astonished at the number of people who have moaned online and in the DF about Charles and Camilla being tested. Both spend their time helping to oil the wheels of trade, innovation, diplomacy, etc. On behalf of what people would think was an ungrateful nation if they didn't know better. Charles is 71 and his mother, our Queen is 93(?) And both still put in amazing days of work and while HM reluctantly has stepped back at this time, Charles had not until I guess he felt tired and decided to leave for Balmoral early for Easter.

Just from what we saw of his interaction with people from the 13th of March until he left was stunning (to be honest it made me feel tired). I do not know if the NHS is tracking contacts of the infected but I wonder how many of the people he met were infected. Even poor Prince Albert was sitting across the table from him and how many droplets touched the table or the paperwork that was moving around from infected people

As to the crammed reception? Anyone could have breathed on him just as someone did on BoJo. If they tracked everyone Charles mane would be there and his age and the fact he was unwell would seem a no brainer. As is the fact that the Duke and Duchess of Rothersay were in Scotland who has it's own health system.

I think the complaints about testing is due to the general situation regarding testing in the UK, rather than a criticism of the BRF.
My friend is a Colorectal Surgeon in the UK, with symptoms of the common cold and a temperature >37.8. Nevertheless, his hospital did not test him, but asked him to self-isolate for 14 days - this is commonplace for NHS staff (although hopefully about to change). He has therefore been at home, rather than operating on cancer patients before the Covid peak, and has been unable to undertake training geared towards Covid.
Although he's fairly pro-Royal, I can imagine him asking WTF??? if I told him that Prince Charles has been tested with some minor symptoms, yet he hasn't.

:previous: Yes and No.

https://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/condition/rosacea#inheritance

Because rosacea is a complex disease with both genetic and environmental influences, it does not have a straightforward pattern of inheritance. Studies suggest that people with rosacea are four times more likely to have a family history of the disorder than people without the condition. This increased risk is likely due in part to shared genetic factors, but it may also be related to environment and other nongenetic factors that are shared by members of a family.

I read that the redness and swelling appearance of Charles's hands also stems from historical cases of hemophilia in Queen Victoria's children, though I could be incorrect.

Pain in the joints is a symptom of hemophilia, but swelling not really.

While the family has a history of hemophilia, for his swelling to be caused by the family history, he would have to have the disease. Men can not be a carrier, they either suffer from it or not. Its a recessive x chromosome disease. Men only have one X chromosome, so if they carry the gene, they will have the disease. Women have two x chromosomes, so they can be a carrier without suffering from the disease. The only way a woman would have it, is if her dad was a sufferer of the disease, and her mother a carrier.

We would know if Charles had hemophilia.

There is acquired hemophilia, which usually found in seniors, and can cause swelling. But its not the same as the hemophilia found in the royal family.

Pain in the joints is a symptom of hemophilia, but swelling not really.

While the family has a history of hemophilia, for his swelling to be caused by the family history, he would have to have the disease. Men can not be a carrier, they either suffer from it or not. Its a recessive x chromosome disease. Men only have one X chromosome, so if they carry the gene, they will have the disease. Women have two x chromosomes, so they can be a carrier without suffering from the disease. The only way a woman would have it, is if her dad was a sufferer of the disease, and her mother a carrier.

We would know if Charles had hemophilia.

There is acquired hemophilia, which usually found in seniors, and can cause swelling. But its not the same as the hemophilia found in the royal family.
He hasn't got haemophilia. And as has been said, he had fat fingers as a baby.. so I doubt if it is linked to any illness. I've never heard of him havig chest illnesses. in fact he has rarely been ill at all, has very good health.

He certainly hasn't got haemophilia. We'd know if we had, and, anyway, it's now treated with Factor 8 transfusions. And it's biologically impossible as it's passed down the female line - it's in Prince Philip's side of the family, but it'd need to be in the maternal line to be inherited.

Is it possible that the article was referring to porphyria, which George III's thought to have had, instead? But, again, it's highly unlikely that the royal porphyria genes are still around. Charles hasn't got any medical problems AFAIK. He was probably tested because of his age.

I do wish elements of the media would stop whingeing about this. They're also whingeing that it was "careless" of Boris Johnson to catch it - do they think he got it on purpose?!

He hasn't got haemophilia. And as has been said, he had fat fingers as a baby.. so I doubt if it is linked to any illness. I've never heard of him havig chest illnesses. in fact he has rarely been ill at all, has very good health.

I am aware he doesn't. I was replying to hereditary princess who was wondering if swelling could be linked to the hemophilia in the family tree. I was simply explaining the answer was No.

Many babies have fat fingers. They usually grow out of them. Charles certainly shows signs of rosacea, and his hands do tend to swell a bit when he travels.

I am aware he doesn't. I was replying to hereditary princess who was wondering if swelling could be linked to the hemophilia in the family tree. I was simply explaining the answer was No.

Many babies have fat fingers. They usually grow out of them. Charles certainly shows signs of rosacea, and his hands do tend to swell a bit when he travels.

However I've never head of his having chest troubles..and I don't think he's ever been off work even for a day due to illness. Injuries yes but I think his health is pretty good.

I was shocked to hear that he only self isolated for seven days, here in Canada it is 14 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom