Charles and Camilla: Tour of India, New Zealand, Tuvalu & Solomon Islands - Nov 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Catching up on this tour. Almost missed it which I would miss. I love seeing Charles on tours, Harry close second. Happy that Camilla made India and New Zealand parts even if not the last two stops.

Seemed like a happy celebration for him with the kids in India. :flowers:

Great to see that Camilla is now with Charles on this leg of the tour.

Charles must be so annoyed at Andrew's interview landing at the beginning of this leg of the tour. I really hope that Charles and Camilla get the attention they deserve for the tour.

Charles must be so annoyed at Andrew's interview landing at the beginning of this leg of the tour. I really hope that Charles and Camilla get the attention they deserve for the tour.

Not.a.single.chance.
As the excellent documentary about the Duchy of Cornwall was totally overshadowed by the Sussexes state of mind.

Last edited:
On Sunrise in Australia this morning Rob Jobson, who is with Charles and Camilla, said that Charles was supportive of Andrew doing the interview. Presumably Charles knew when the interview would air as well and so knew it would overshadow his trip. If he had really wanted to he could have insisted that it not air until after his tour.

They have been to the War Memorial - https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12286000

The link does include an embedded video of the visit to the war memorial - just as the link I gave yesterday had a link to the arrival as it happened.

What I like about this article is it give the New Zealand times for events.

Sadly very little coverage but that is normal for Charles' visits these days - he simply isn't important enough for the media to report on his events

(or is it that he isn't young with a wife whose clothes are bought from designers and so the media can report on each item and how much is cost???? That does seem to be all the media are interested in anyway - not the causes or the events but what the royal women wear).

Last edited:
:previous: If the amount of articles was based on the Importance of the person, we would be flooded with articles on Charles.

You can't argue 'he isn't important enough'. He is the 1st in line for the throne.

Its about who sells newspapers. Who is exciting. Charles is old, and not very popular. And his wife lacks popularity. Nor does any one have any interest in what Camilla may or may not be wearing on a tour.

His sons are far less Important, even William. But they are young, good looking and their wives are fodder for fashion talk. That's why they get covered.

Only thing Charles could do now for more coverage would be some scandal like Andrew. Right now due to their dads, the York girls get more coverage then the first in line for the throne.

Enjoying what videos and information we get from the tour, the little there is. :flowers:

They have been to the War Memorial - https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12286000

The link does include an embedded video of the visit to the war memorial - just as the link I gave yesterday had a link to the arrival as it happened.

What I like about this article is it give the New Zealand times for events.

Sadly very little coverage but that is normal for Charles' visits these days - he simply isn't important enough for the media to report on his events

(or is it that he isn't young with a wife whose clothes are bought from designers and so the media can report on each item and how much is cost???? That does seem to be all the media are interested in anyway - not the causes or the events but what the royal women wear).

They appear to have had a good start to the tour, with a number of engagements. As always, they look interested and engaged with the audience, which can be no bad thing!

Court Circular 17th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon arrived at Royal New Zealand Air Force Base Auckland, Whenuapai, and were received by the Governor-General of New Zealand (the Rt. Hon. Dame Patricia Reddy).

Court Circular 18th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, this morning laid a wreath at Mount Roskill War Memorial, Auckland, New Zealand.

Their Royal Highnesses afterwards visited Wesley Community Centre, Sandringham Road, Mount Roskill.

The Prince of Wales later visited Critical (Critical Pixels Design Limited), Sandringham Road, Mount Roskill.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Hunting Lodge Winery, Waikoukou Valley Road, Waimauku.

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, accompanied by The Duchess of Cornwall, later presented a new Colour to the Royal New Zealand Air Force, Royal New Zealand Air Force Base Auckland, Whenuapai.

His Royal Highness later received Ms Rebecca Kitteridge (Director, New Zealand Security Intelligence Service) and Mr Andrew Hampton (Director-General, Government Communications Security Bureau), Royal New Zealand Air Force Base Auckland.

Prince Charles Welcomed to New Zealand by Jacinda Ardern

Last edited:
The happiness and compatibility between Charles and Camilla never cease to bring a smile to my face.

That one photo of the two of them looking and smiling at each other so warmly would make the perfect photo for this years Christmas card if you ask me.

This whole tour has been so wonderful so far. ?

Court Circular 19th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning attended an official Welcome Ceremony at Government House, Auckland, New Zealand.

The Prince of Wales afterwards received the Leader of Her Majesty’s Loyal Opposition (the Hon Mr Simon Bridges MP) at Government House.

His Royal Highness received the Prime Minister of New Zealand (the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern MP) at Government House.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Sea Cleaners Charitable Trust, Auckland Harbour, and departed by boat for Wynward Quarter, Auckland.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visited the Headquarters of Emirates Team New Zealand, Wynward Quarter.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, Campaign for Wool, later held a Meeting, Cordis Hotel, Symonds Street, Auckland.

His Royal Highness, President, subsequently attended a Reception for The Prince’s Trust New Zealand, Mantells, Mount Eden Road, Mount Eden.

The Prince of Wales afterwards joined a Meeting on Sustainable Urbanisation, Cordis Hotel.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this evening attended a Reception at Government House given by the Governor-General of New Zealand (the Rt Hon Dame Patricia Reddy).

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Headquarters of Shine, New North Road, Kingsland, and joined a discussion on domestic violence.

Her Royal Highness, President, Women of the World Festival, this afternoon attended “Think In” at Government House, Auckland.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Dp3TegQv0/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DQ9yegMNn/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CheUDg3Tc/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CIcVkg9kk/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5CQI_SAJ3x/

Court Circular 20th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited the Waitangi Treaty Grounds, Tau Henare Drive, Waitangi, New Zealand.

The Prince of Wales, President, The Prince’s Trust, later visited a Prince’s Trust New Zealand Enterprise Project, Queenstown College, Paihia, Northland.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Paihia Volunteer Fire Brigade Station, Selwyn Road, Paihia.

The Duchess of Cornwall this afternoon visited Kerikeri Primary School, Hone Heke Road, Kerikeri.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Fl6RDg7F-/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5GGNCIgVrW/
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5F8UnHAeio/

I think my favorite photo is the one that belies the assumption that the British royals do *not* give autographs. Its plain to see that both Charles and Camilla have signed that young man's arm cast. Bet he holds onto that for the rest of his life.

Lesson to be learned: Good things sometimes do come out of a bad accident when one breaks a bone. :D

Court Circular 22nd November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Tuahiwi Marae, Tuahiwi Road, Tuahiwi, New Zealand.

Their Royal Highnesses this afternoon visited Cashmere High School, Rose Street, Somerfield, Christchurch, and were received by the Rt Hon Jacinda Ardern MP (Prime Minister of New Zealand).

The Prince of Wales, Patron, Christchurch Cathedral Reinstatement Trust, afterwards attended a Reception at Turanga Library, Cathedral Square, Christchurch.

His Royal Highness, Patron, Christchurch Cathedral Reinstatement Trust, and Her Royal Highness subsequently visited the site of Christchurch Cathedral.

The Prince of Wales afterwards joined a Meeting of Muslim leaders at the George Hotel, Park Terrace, Christchurch.

His Royal Highness later visited Lincoln University, Ellesmere Junction Road, Lincoln, Canterbury.

The Prince of Wales subsequently joined a discussion on forestry at Otahuna Lodge, Rhodes Road, Tai Tapu, Canterbury.

The Duchess of Cornwall, Vice Patron, the Royal Commonwealth Society, this afternoon launched The Queen’s Commonwealth Essay Competition at Turanga Library.

Her Royal Highness later visited “Active Elderly” initiatives at the Salvation Army Christchurch City, Colombo Street, Christchurch.

You know, I'm younger than either Camilla or Charles, and just reading their schedule makes me tired. I am so impressed with what they have accomplished on this trip, I'm only sorry that it is not receiving much coverage in the British media.

Here's a video of the final day in New Zealand today:

Court Circular 23rd November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited Lincoln Farmers Market, Gerald Street, Lincoln, Canterbury, New Zealand.

His Royal Highness later visited the National Infrastructure Recovery teams at Kaikoura.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited Takahanga Marae, Takahanga Terrace, Kaikoura.

His Royal Highness subsequently visited Kaikoura Town Centre.

The Prince of Wales afterwards attended a meeting with representatives of Kaikoura at Kaikoura Memorial Hall.

His Royal Highness subsequently visited a Hutton’s shearwater colony, Kaikoura.

The Prince of Wales later received the Chief of Defence Force (Air Marshal Kevin Short) at Royal New Zealand Air Force Air Movements Christchurch.

His Royal Highness subsequently departed from Royal New Zealand Air Force Air Movements Christchurch for the Solomon Islands and was received upon arrival this evening at Honiara International Airport by the Governor-General of Solomon Islands (the Right Reverend David Vunagi) and Mr Manasseh Sogavare MP (prime minister of Solomon Islands).

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning visited the Battered Women’s Trust, Marshland Road, Shirley, Christchurch.

Her Royal Highness afterwards visited Christchurch Botanic Gardens, City Centre Rolleston Avenue, Christchurch.

The Duchess of Cornwall later departed from Auckland International Airport for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 24th November:
Clarence House

The Prince of Wales this morning attended a service in St Barnabas’s Anglican Cathedral, Honiara, Solomon Islands.

His Royal Highness today attended a meeting with the Governor-General of Solomon Islands (the Right Reverend David Vunagi) at Government House, Honiara.

The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, this afternoon held an investiture at Government House, Honiara.

His Royal Highness later received Mr Manasseh Sogavare MP (Prime Minister of Solomon Islands).

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited the Solomon Islands Scouts and Coastwatchers’ Memorial, Honiara, and laid a wreath.

The Duchess of Cornwall this morning arrived at Heathrow Airport, London, from New Zealand.
Mrs Sophie Densham was in attendance.

Back
Top Bottom