The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
You cannot blame just Camilla! Charles should have had the backbone to refuse. Also there were more machinations coming from a couple of meddling grannies in the Queen Mother & Lady Fermoy. The Spencers were certainly not going to let a second opportunity to marry a Prince of Wales slip through their fingers.
I think it shows a weakness in Charles. He kept pursuing Camilla even after she married another man. He married Diana basically under pressure from his family. A virgin with a spotless past was too good to pass up. And as you say, the Spencers were also eager for the marriage. Wasn't it one of Diana's sisters who said "its too late, you're name's already on the tea towels" or something like that when Diana confessed that she had doubts before the marriage? Any other woman who had seen all the signs Diana had before the marriage would've called the whole thing off. But Diana was marrying the future King of England. I dont think she had that luxury.
Imagine putting all this burden of responsibility on a 19 year old. If Charles loved Camilla so much, he should've had the courage to declare his intentions to his family and should've married her. She certainly didnt wait for him though and married another man. I do feel bad for the couple, that they've had to spend their lives in such misery. But its hard to feel sorry for them when you realize that they've caused others such pain. As far as Im concerned they're both responsible for their past actions.

Old 03-29-2005, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
yes...i watched that too...i was very suprised that Charles and Camilia went on vacation to Turkey in 1989 when Charles' still married with Diana....and got photographed!!!!!! the documentary also said that Camilia always go to Charles' and Diana's house in someplace other than Kensington palace.....the documentary also said that Camilia help Charles to choose the "correct bride that would be accepted by the queen" for CHarles....so basically Camilia was the one who created a miserable life for Diana knowing that CHarles still like her ....the documentary also noted that Charles' uses his hobbie "hunting" to get closer with Camilia who share the same hobbie or something like that...

yes the vacation pictures from Turkey shocked me too. I cant believe they actually had the nerve to bring it all out in the open for the world to see. Its hardly the sort of behaviour one would expect from a future king.
I was also thinking that if that sort of thing happened to a non-royal couple, the marriage would most likely have been over much earlier.

Old 03-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

LLANSTEFFAN, WALES - MARCH 29: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Etta Richardson with the type of cake that is going to be baked for the upcoming wedding of Prince Charles and Camilla Parker-Bowles. Etta Richardson impressed the Prince of Wales with her fruit cake during a visit to west Wales last summer and has been asked by special request of Prince Charles to make it for his wedding reception. March 29, 2005 in Llansteffan, Wales. (Photo by ROTA/Tim Graham Picture Library/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	331885.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	117925   Click image for larger version

Name:	331886.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	117926   Click image for larger version

Name:	331887.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	117927   Click image for larger version

Name:	331888.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	117928  

Name:	331889.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	161.6 KB
ID:	117929   Click image for larger version

Name:	52490356.jpg
Size:	52.8 KB
ID:	117930  
Old 03-30-2005, 06:53 PM
Super Moderator

Caption:
STOWE, ENGLAND - MARCH 29: (NO UK SALES FOR 28 DAYS) Jemima Phillips, 23, a harpist who has been chosen to play the Royal wedding reception at Windsor castle, plays her harp on March 29, 2005 in Stowe, Gloucestershire. The musician said she was "over the moon" when she received a call from the Prince's office inviting her to play. (Photo by Barry Batchelor/Anwar Hussein Collection/Getty Images)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	52490303.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	117931   Click image for larger version

Name:	52490306.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	117932   Click image for larger version

Name:	52490307.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	117933   Click image for larger version

Name:	52490310.jpg
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	117934  

Old 03-31-2005, 03:07 AM
Courtier

Question on live broadcast of the royal wedding

Hallo everyone,

I have a question here. Could any one please suggest me any link or any website which will carry live broadcast of Prince Charles-Ms. Camilla's Wedding next Friday?

Old 03-31-2005, 04:45 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
The service of prayer and dedication is going to be conducted by the Archbishop of Canterbury. If he thinks that the format and contents are suitable, that's all that matters. There are a lot of people with some measure of responsibility for the miserable situation that developed in the 1980s and 1990s, and some of those people are no longer around. It's to be hoped that the people concerned have accepted their responsibility and done what they could to make the best of things.
Unfortunately, I feel that is EXTREMELY unlikely.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I think it shows a weakness in Charles. He kept pursuing Camilla even after she married another man. He married Diana basically under pressure from his family. A virgin with a spotless past was too good to pass up. And as you say, the Spencers were also eager for the marriage. Wasn't it one of Diana's sisters who said "its too late, you're name's already on the tea towels" or something like that when Diana confessed that she had doubts before the marriage? Any other woman who had seen all the signs Diana had before the marriage would've called the whole thing off. But Diana was marrying the future King of England. I dont think she had that luxury.
Imagine putting all this burden of responsibility on a 19 year old. If Charles loved Camilla so much, he should've had the courage to declare his intentions to his family and should've married her. She certainly didnt wait for him though and married another man. I do feel bad for the couple, that they've had to spend their lives in such misery. But its hard to feel sorry for them when you realize that they've caused others such pain. As far as Im concerned they're both responsible for their past actions.
Very well expressed Humera!!! Kudos to you!!
Old 03-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Heir Presumptive

hello!

This morning I saw in the sky news the report about prince charles gaffe. see the report on this website: http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0...318197,00.html
Old 03-31-2005, 07:55 AM
Heir Apparent

There are many pics of Prince Charles on his skiing holiday with Prince William and Harry from Getty Images.Camilla was not there.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 03-31-2005, 08:52 AM
Heir Apparent

From BBC News:

Charles and Camilla select music

Prince Charles and Camilla Parker Bowles have chosen a young Russian contralto to perform at a church blessing, after their civil wedding.

Ekaterina Semenchuk, 29, has been flown over specially from St Petersburg to sing a Russian Creed.

Members of the Philharmonia Orchestra, and the St George's Chapel Choir, will also perform at the blessing, at St George's Chapel, Windsor.

It will follow a civil wedding ceremony at Windsor's Guildhall, on 8 April.

Wedding gift

Ekaterina Semenchuk, who was a finalist in the Cardiff Singer of the World competition in 2001, will sing a Russian Creed set to music by Gretchaninov.
She has been flown over specially for the wedding, as a gift from the Mariinsky Theatre Trust of St Petersburg, of which the Prince of Wales is patron and a benefactor.

Clarence House says a combination of choral and orchestral music will be played during the Service of Prayer and Dedication, at St George's Chapel.

The music for the blessing has been chosen by the Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles.

It includes some of their favourite pieces, such as Bach's Cantata "Nun Komm der Heiden Heiland", and excerpts from Handel's Water Music.

They have chosen a number of organ and choral pieces for the beginning of the service, including Farewell to Stromness, by the Master of the Queen's Music, Sir Peter Maxwell Davies.

Works by Walton, Bach, Handel, Elgar, Finzi and Grieg, are also included.

Personal favourites

The newlywed Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles - by then the Duchess of Cornwall - will join the congregation to the Adagio Movement of Albinoni's Oboe Concerto in D Minor.

Three hymns, which are among the personal favourites of the Prince and Mrs Parker Bowles, will be sung.

They are Immortal Invisible, Love Divine All Loves Excelling, and Praise my Soul the King of Heaven.

A verse of the National Anthem will be sung after the concluding blessing, followed immediately by a specially-commissioned "Celebration Fanfare", by the Welsh composer Alun Hoddinott.

The service will conclude with excerpts from Handel's Water Music, and from works by Bach for organ.

The Philharmonia Orchestra, of which the Prince is patron, will be conducted by Christopher Warren-Green.

The organist for the service will be Roger Judd, and the St George's Chapel Choir will be conducted by Timothy Byram-Wigfield.

The choir, which was founded in 1348, is made up of 23 boy choristers and 12 Lay Clerks, who sing the alto, tenor and bass parts.
Old 03-31-2005, 09:04 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/0...112266644.html

The Princes of Asturias will not attend the wedding of Charles and Camila, because Felipe has already a previous commitment: the investiture of his intimate friend , the Chilean president Ricardo Lakes, in Salamanca, as doctor honoris causa. According to sources of the Royal House no other member of the Spanish Royal Family will attend the ceremony.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:55 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Service Live on Aussie TV

The two major commercial television networks in Australia, channels 7 and 9, will be broadcasting the service of prayer and dedication from St George's Chapel Windsor LIVE next week.

Channel 7 will have pre-wedding coverage from 9pm, and Channel 9 will start at 11pm.

The actual wedding service is private, and will not be televised.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:18 AM
Nobility

will any member of the Jordanian Royal Family be in attendance at the wedding?
Old 04-01-2005, 05:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
The two major commercial television networks in Australia, channels 7 and 9, will be broadcasting the service of prayer and dedication from St George's Chapel Windsor LIVE next week.

Channel 7 will have pre-wedding coverage from 9pm, and Channel 9 will start at 11pm.

The actual wedding service is private, and will not be televised.
Great!That's really great.I have to record this.:)
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 04-01-2005, 09:37 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

A Dilemma?

Sara

Will you be watching the post-wedding service on television?
Old 04-01-2005, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Sara

Will you be watching the post-wedding service on television?
yes!

how have air on television? im american!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-01-2005, 03:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Sara, you might want to check out the BBC America schedule.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Sara, you might want to check out the BBC America schedule.
ok i will check my dish channels if have there HOPE!

Sara Boyce
Old 04-01-2005, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

For all in the US~I was watching "The View" earlier and Barbara Walters said that she would be covering the ceromony for ABC so I'm pretty sure they will be showing the wedding live.
Old 04-02-2005, 05:52 AM
Courtier

I'm going to ask an odd question.
Should the royal wedding be postponed or make low key if the Pope dies? I know the BBC made a joke about this (shame on them) but still I think that any royal wedding this week will be well wrong.
I was thinking that they go ahead with the wedding, but include a special prayer for the pope, or wear black armbands or something, to show people that they aren't celebrating while the world mourns.

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, engagement, prince charles, prince of wales