The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-30-2014, 11:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall buys present for Prince George at Sandringham Flower Shower | Mail Online
Of course we have to ignore the Daily Mail's presumptuousness that the chimney sweeper was purchased for George.
It could be a Christmas/birthday gift for one of her grandchildren. Her grandchildren may have watched Mary Poppins and one or more of the children may have become fascinated by Bert the chimney sweeper.
I do find it wonderful that the Duchess often picks up handmade gifts at these fair/bazaar/fete/sale events that she attends. I also like it that the press covers the fact that she makes purchases. It is the only way that we know she chooses to support local economies by buying local. And the fact that she actually is shopping means that she is paying attention to the wares for sale. Frankly, that interest makes for good photos as well as heartfelt gifts for the lucky recipients. I don't think she does it for that reason - but she does look so very human in these photos.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I do find it wonderful that the Duchess often picks up handmade gifts at these fair/bazaar/fete/sale events that she attends. I also like it that the press covers the fact that she makes purchases. It is the only way that we know she chooses to support local economies by buying local. And the fact that she actually is shopping means that she is paying attention to the wares for sale. Frankly, that interest makes for good photos as well as heartfelt gifts for the lucky recipients. I don't think she does it for that reason - but she does look so very human in these photos.
It really is of the things that endears Camilla to me. I remember smiling wide reading about when Charles and Camilla attended the inauguration of Willem-Alexander, she was spotted out and about among the crowds and even bought herself one of the orange hats that everyone seemed to be sporting in celebration.

Old 07-31-2014, 02:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are some more nice pics of the couple at the Sandringham Flower Show on July 29:

** edp24.co.uk gallery: Sandringham Flower Show 2014 **

** gettyimages gallery ** IBL gallery ** facetoface gallery **

** bbc: Duchess buys sweep for Prince George at Sandringham flower show **

** lynnnews.co.uk: Duchess of Cornwall meets penpals at Sandringham Flower Show **

Old 07-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Serene Highness

How cute that Camilla bought a puppy for George!
Old 07-31-2014, 09:03 AM
Majesty

Did she ever say it was for George or is that people's assumption?

I have read that she bought it in a couple of places and all say it was for George but can't find any quote to that effect from Camilla - and so I am feeling that there is a media assumption here rather than a factual basis.

She has five grandchildren of her own so maybe bought it for one of them, or for a friend's child/grandchild so why assume that it is for George?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall buys present for Prince George at Sandringham Flower Shower | Mail Online

Camilla and Charles at the Sandringham Flower Show.

Love the picture of Camilla giving the dog a back rub.

Of course we have to ignore the Daily Mail's presumptuousness that the chimney sweeper was purchased for George.
It could be a Christmas/birthday gift for one of her grandchildren. Her grandchildren may have watched Mary Poppins and one or more of the children may have become fascinated by Bert the chimney sweeper.
I love the picture of Camilla giving the dog a back rub too, and of little Hollie practicing her curtsy! Looks like she had the time of her life.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
Majesty

Cindy Stockman @RoyalCenEditor · 1h
The Duke and Duchess of Rothesay will attend the Ballater Highland Games to mark 150 years since its founding on 14th August.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-12-2014, 11:59 AM
Nobility

In the link there is a video. The little girl who presents a bouquet to Camilla is very sweet. Adorable, is the word.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Holly's curtsey was utterly delightful and as for the dog . . . he was in doggie heaven.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Holly's curtsey was utterly delightful and as for the dog . . . he was in doggie heaven.
You took the words out of my mouth .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:21 PM
Majesty

A big hug for Grandpa Charles: Prince of Wales shares a touching moment with Camilla's grandchildren as they enjoy a day out at the Highland Games-
Prince of Wales shares a touching moment with Camilla's grandchildren as they enjoy a day out at the Highland Games | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
A big hug for Grandpa Charles: Prince of Wales shares a touching moment with Camilla's grandchildren as they enjoy a day out at the Highland Games-
Prince of Wales shares a touching moment with Camilla's grandchildren as they enjoy a day out at the Highland Games | Mail Online
That is a handsome family. I just looked it up, the Braemar games are Sept. 6 - I'm looking forward to it, as well.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I have often wondered how Camilla's grandchildren feel about Charles. Got my answer. Precious. Charles is a wonderful grandpa.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:13 PM
Courtier

That suit looks really good on Camilla. It's cut close to the body and delineates her shape nicely. And the skirt shows her legs to great effect.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Majesty

Yeah, Charles seem to enjoy his step-grandchildren.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
I have often wondered how Camilla's grandchildren feel about Charles. Got my answer. Precious. Charles is a wonderful grandpa.
I thought the way Charles handled Eliza on the balcony after William and Cathrine's wedding revealed his ability to connect with his stepgrandchildren. She was totally relaxed when Charles took his turn at holding her so she could see over the top of the balcony.

That was a sweet moment and since it was part of his son's wedding I guess most people put their connection down the pre-wedding affairs, so it was nice to see him with all three of Laura kids. And that those kids were happy doing what kids do and Laura was totally relaxed and not at all worried about the kids annoying Charles.

I had to have a giggle at Eliza trying to check out Charles sporan!
Old 08-14-2014, 11:24 PM
Heir Apparent

So did I! Yes, I loved the moment at the wedding too.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the photos of Charles with his step-grandchildren. I like how he seems to be close to them as well. On another note - gosh, little Eliza has grown a lot since William and Catherine's wedding, at first I didn't recognize her. I remember when she bought that wiggly worm along to the official photographs.

When I went to Clarence House, I saw that Charles had a photograph of one of Laura's children at their christening on his mini grand piano, which just goes to show that he cares a lot about his step-grandchildren as well as George, which is lovely to see.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 08-15-2014, 04:10 PM
Majesty

It's always lovely to see families interacting with each other, and the moments between Charles and his wife's grandkids is no exception. Eliza seems to be at ease with Charles, and I think he's at ease with her as well. I'm sure he's known her all her life, so an attachment is not at all surprising.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
When I went to Clarence House, I saw that Charles had a photograph of one of Laura's children at their christening on his mini grand piano, which just goes to show that he cares a lot about his step-grandchildren as well as George, which is lovely to see.
Details please. What room was the photo in? Who else was in the photograph.

Here are more picture of Camilla's grandchildren.

Camilla's grandchildren appear hesitant when approaching Charles.
Prince Charles bonds with Duchess of Cornwall's grandchildren - hellomagazine.com