The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Another pathetic attempt to attract the Diana fans to it's site. Having seen on this forum and heard from friends how the Daily Maul censors out the majority of pro Camilla comments, it is laughable to look at the comments.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Never Say Diana

Princess Diana - Queen of Hearts, celebrity princess, spurned wife of Prince Charles (tampon to Camilla), lover to Dodi Fayed (son to corner shop owner Mohamed al Fayed), mother to princes William and Harry, blonde, non-seatbelt wearer - is not dead. Not really.

Never Say Diana » News & Views: Anorak
14-2007 08:07 AMSkydragonI thought it was funny, they have one on Charles as well, but I was unable to open it!

As laughable as this article?

Old 07-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSSEAN View Post
14-2007 08:07 AMSkydragonI thought it was funny, they have one on Charles as well, but I was unable to open it!

As laughable as this article?
It was bound to be as funny, but it wouldn't open. If I come across it again, I will post it. Anorak is a satirical internet site.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

Tribute to Princess Diana — Epitome of Charity

Vanguard - Fashion : Tribute to Princess Diana — Epitome of Charity
Old 07-22-2007, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

i think the mail article is terrible. they make it sound as though camilla herself is reponsible for the tragedy and that's an awful accusation to make.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
I am curious that it is an article from a Nigerian publication? Thank you gfg02 for the link. Quite an appropriate article as we remember the 10th anniversary of the death of Diana. A simple commendation of her work.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer | News | This is London
Old 07-27-2007, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a nasty article this woman has nothing to do in her spare time besides writing this ridiculous article about a dead woman.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
I don't think it even deserves a post sirhon11234 . There will always be people like that.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-31-2007, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Diana: Last days of a princess

Diana: Last days of a princess - Today's TV - TV - Showbiz - Mirror.co.uk

Keira Knightley Will Play 18th-Century Princess Di
Keira Knightley Will Play 18th-Century Princess Di - Cinematical
Old 07-31-2007, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer

Diana was 'devious, slow and disturbingly neurotic,' mocks Germaine Greer | News | This is London
Germaine Greer obviously read Tina Brown's book and viewed it out of her position of feminism. Could be worth reading the whole essay as Greer definately is a woman of intellect. Not one to shirk away from any controversy . I'm not saying she is right in what she writes, only that I'd like to read the full essay.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

At the end of the day it dosn't matter what is said, good or bad, about Diana because like Princess Grace and Jackie Kennedy she was and will always remain an icon. Someone once said that the definition of an icon is someone who forever retains a sense of magic around them even when every flaw in their character has been exposed and dissected. Only a select few throughout history have survived this kind of scrutiny and still emerged with their aura intact. It's impossible to pinpoint what sets these figures apart and that's what makes them an enigma. Diana, even in life, took her place among this elite band and will remain among them long after her husband and Camilla have become just another King and Queen in English Royal history. I don't say this as a pro-Diana anti-Charles remark it's just a fact and is the reason why Charles and Camilla should just concentrate on being happy together and never try or expect Camilla to fill Diana's shoes because it will always be impossible for her to do so.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Is it going to be aired today in the UK ?
I think the film was also sponsored by a french channel, TF1. I believe they might broadcast it on August 31 in France at least but I have a doubt. Does anyone know ?

Because it matters...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
At the end of the day it dosn't matter what is said, good or bad, about Diana because like Princess Grace and Jackie Kennedy she was and will always remain an icon. Someone once said that the definition of an icon is someone who forever retains a sense of magic around them even when every flaw in their character has been exposed and dissected. Only a select few throughout history have survived this kind of scrutiny and still emerged with their aura intact. It's impossible to pinpoint what sets these figures apart and that's what makes them an enigma. Diana, even in life, took her place among this elite band and will remain among them long after her husband and Camilla have become just another King and Queen in English Royal history. I don't say this as a pro-Diana anti-Charles remark it's just a fact and is the reason why Charles and Camilla should just concentrate on being happy together and never try or expect Camilla to fill Diana's shoes because it will always be impossible for her to do so.
Well said. Anyway, I doubt Camilla would be too stupid to try to take Diana's place as she would be if she tried to replace her into William and Harry's heart. Of course I'm perfectly happy that the boys get on well with her, it's not the point. Just as I explained in the thread 'a new diana?', nobody , princess or queen, could put her in the shadow. It's just phenomenal what happened between 1981-1997, and people don't forget like they don't forget about Monroe or Jackie.

Because it matters...
Old 07-31-2007, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

'Nervous, but she put us at ease'

CEN News : Features : 'Nervous, but she put us at ease'

DIANA FANS STRIKING BACK

DIANA FANS STRIKING BACK - New York Post Online Edition: Seven
Old 07-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

I have just read Greer's comments about Diana not being a fashion icon and I kind of agree. When one looks back at how she dressed up until say the last 3-4 years of her life it was a bit cartoonish. I don't really mean her evening clothes but her suits always had hats that matched with the exact same fabric and looking back most of the ensembles were a bit garish. You know, if a suit was say blue and pink all the accessories and hat had to be blue and pink whereas in the last few years her dress sense wasn't so severe. At William's confirmation for example she wore a pale blue suit with beige shoes and bag and it was much more subtle and classy. Any thoughts?
Old 07-31-2007, 06:11 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't agree with anything that woman said in her article. This article is trash she said that Diana probably caused her own death could anyone be that cruel to say something like that. Did she even think about William and Harry's reactions towards that nasty comment. Whats the use in attacking a woman whose been dead for 10 years and can't defend herself.
And Diana's style was unique unlike other fashion icons we saw her fashion sense grow from that frilly puffy look to that sleek, elegant, and sexy sense of fashion.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes, I agree with sirhon11234. Who is she to say things like that ?! She wasn't killed by taking drugs or anything that she made on purpose to herself. It was a car crash, no one could have provide that.
What I want to tell people who write these kind of stuff is: Leave her alone, I would have like to see you in her situation.

Because it matters...
Old 07-31-2007, 06:42 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

The problem with icons is that too many little girls want to grow up to be just like one and Diana had enough problems and made enough mistakes to make a person a bit concerned about the future of a whole generation of little girls who want to grow up to be just like Diana.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 07-31-2007, 06:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel View Post
The problem with icons is that too many little girls want to grow up to be just like one and Diana had enough problems and made enough mistakes to make a person a bit concerned about the future of a whole generation of little girls who want to grow up to be just like Diana.
Indeed, it's quite a problem. But if those little girls are enough curious to read and learn about Diana, they'll see by themselves the unhappy life she has lead: bulimia, lonelyness, etc. I love Diana, but I wish I'll never have her life. You know what I mean ?

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana