Preparations for the 10th Anniversary Concert and Memorial Service

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Skydragon said:
Weddings yes, other events definitly not by choice. Lets face it, if they did not get on when they were married, what would be the point of meeting up socially.

I know of very few couples that have dinner parties and invite the ex, or that would go out of their way to attend a function they know will have the ex there as well.

There will always be exceptions, but, I believe it is very rare.

Well, we'll have to agree to disagree.

The press release stated who was invited and the last line was all will attend, .....I just don't understand why there is still speculation Camilla was invited and it was stated that she would attend.

More speculation I wonder if Bryan Adams will be there as well, maybe he could play the song he wrote for her. :)

Oppie said:
The press release stated who was invited and the last line was all will attend, .....I just don't understand why there is still speculation Camilla was invited and it was stated that she would attend.

More speculation I wonder if Bryan Adams will be there as well, maybe he could play the song he wrote for her. :)

Bryan Adams wrote a song for Diana? What was it?

Skydragon said:
I was being sarcastic, it gets the better of me sometimes! :flowers:

Why is there a presumption that her ex husband should contribute anything? When you divorce, it severs all ties IMO, otherwise the men and women who have 3, 4, 5 ex's would be very busy and very much out of pocket.

Just because Charles and Diana were divorced it didn't mean that they were out of each other's lives. They shared two kids with each other and both Charles and Diana became friends before Diana passed.

Bryan Adams wrote a song for Diana? What was it?

1985, it was a single I don't think that it was ever on a CD.

Lyrics : http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/bryanadams/diana.html

(ok now that I read the lyrics song is a little creppy, just keep in mind the year it was released)

Oh and Duran Duran will defiently be there as well.

"The concert next summer seems an entirely fitting way to celebrate her life and her work. We are honoured that she always referred to Duran Duran as her favourite band as she was certainly our favourite princess. We are delighted to have been asked to participate in what promises to be a very special event."

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/newsandgallery/news/prince_william_and_prince_harry_announce_memorial_service_an_262522807.html

Sorry Ysbel :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I don't remember that song at all!

Duran Duran, why Duran Duran! I know Diana liked them but that was when she first married before her tastes changed.

I'm not looking forward to the big hair and the ridiculous posing.

I think it is generous for the boys to invite Camilla to attend the memorial service to remember their mother. It will be a good gesture for the boys to invite both sides of their family to join together and put aside the history and look forward to the future.
I think Camilla will attend the event will be hard for everyone, not only the public but Camilla and Charles themselves. However they are not there only to remember Diana but also supporting the boys as an united family. As normal people, we may put our feelings before everything, but as royals,they would put personal feelings behind what is necessarily done. The boys are great!

Generous? Charles would not go without Camilla and to leave Camilla out would be the greatest insult. Let's not forget that these boys are not in charge here. The Palace is. They don't dictate. They may front the plans because they're better to do so given the circumstance but let none of us be under the illusion that they have any sway over this. And seeing as all talk of cost has conveniently dissapeared when the topic split - who exactly is paying for this and if we're paying for it, how much is it going to cost us and is it a voluntary contribution?

seeing as all talk of cost has conveniently dissapeared when the topic split - who exactly is paying for this and if we're paying for it, how much is it going to cost us and is it a voluntary contribution?

The tickets are 45 (I don't have the money symbol) so I would assume that the tickets prices are set to be enough to cover the costs and a contribution to the charities.

As for the memorial service, not much information out there.

From the concert website

Are the artists performing for free?
Yes, all the artists will be performing for free, although the concert organisers will cover performance costs.

http://www.concertfordiana.com/tickets/

I very much doubt that ticket prices will cover the entire cost. A memorial service doesn't cost anything but there is security I suppose. I'm a little cynical that this is as cost friendly as it sounds. I just hope that the tax-payer won't be landed with any of the tab.

Press Release has added those on the advisory board.

Nicholas Coleridge, Managing Director of Condé Nast
Andy Cosslett, Chief Executive of Intercontinental Hotels
Lucian Grainge, Chairman and Chief Executive of Universal Music
Nicholas Hytner, Director of the National Theatre
Lady Sarah McCorquodale
Sir Tom Shebbeare, Director of The Prince’s Charities
Willie Walsh, Chief Executive of British Airways

So it looks like the sponsers will be Conde Nast, Intercontinental, Universal Music and British Airways.

Party in the Park made 1 000 000 in 2004 that was the only number I could find. Anyone remember how much tickets were ?

Either way, this doesn't sound like an government sponsered event so I doubt that the tax payer will be paying for anything.

Party in the Park is usually free I believe and tickets are alloted through a ballot.

I doubt there is anything to worry about if Party in the Park can make a million with free tickets and Live 8 which donated 1.6 to the Princes Trust also having free tickets, they are going to rake in the money for this event.

And if they don't? Who picks up the bill?

What a read...:wacko:

Should be a wonderful celebration though :flowers:

I will say that upon learning of Camilla's attendance (?), that I did greet it with reservation, and, not much has changed in the last 2 hours.

As a tribute to the late Diana - Princess of Wales and her lifes work, I just can't see why (other than being the wife of the Prince of Wales, which is a notable reason I would assume) Camilla needs to be there. I just find the Duchess' presence to be a little unmannerly to the memory of this extroardinary lady to be honest.

But, I'm not privy to the reasons behind Camilla attending so I shall not assume to know that I am.

Some won't agree with this post and that's fine ;) It really doesn't phase or bother me to be honest (not to sound ostentatious) but that is what makes up the RF...differences of opinion :)

And keep in mind: I'm actually fond of Camilla so this isn't a show of personal dislike for her be any means.

Last edited:
Camilla is there as the official consort to the Prince of Wales and stepmother to William and Harry. They obviously love her enough to invite her. Remember what Harry said? "We love her to bits". There were those who were determined that he was making it up but now we see it's true. They want Camilla there. And she will be there.

And if they don't? Who picks up the bill?

I guess the sponsers, I don't know the ins and outs of British Entertainment law but I don't understand how this could become the governments problem even if they end up in the hole. It will be those who put there money up front to cover the costs that won't get reimbursed but that is a gamble that they would be taking.

No no, the sponsors never pay for anything. Sponsorship is business. They'd expect alot of money out of it. The sponsors put their logos on and give a lump sum to the organisers but apart from that, they won't meet any more costs. So you either turn a concert for a dead person into a meat market or you have one very wealthy sponsor. Let's be honest - we will end up paying for some part of the concert even if it's only security and the clean-up afterwards. It's a gamble alright.

BeatrixFan said:
Camilla is there as the official consort to the Prince of Wales and stepmother to William and Harry. They obviously love her enough to invite her. Remember what Harry said? "We love her to bits". There were those who were determined that he was making it up but now we see it's true. They want Camilla there. And she will be there.

Well, wherever Diana is I'm sure she feels no contempt or disdain for those who hurt her :)

Its those of us here, who are left to debate it.lol.

Last edited:
Well, I don't really see what there is to debate. She's going and thats that.

Of course, Camilla should be there. I'am sure she will be there to show support for Wills and Harry, and to celebrate Diana's life. I think alot of people will find it as an insult if she didn't show. But then again some people will see it as an insult if she does show up.

Of course this does beg the question - when is enough enough? I mean, are we going to have one of these every ten years?

BeatrixFan said:
No no, the sponsors never pay for anything. Sponsorship is business. They'd expect alot of money out of it. The sponsors put their logos on and give a lump sum to the organisers but apart from that, they won't meet any more costs. So you either turn a concert for a dead person into a meat market or you have one very wealthy sponsor. Let's be honest - we will end up paying for some part of the concert even if it's only security and the clean-up afterwards. It's a gamble alright.

But that is what the VAT is for (unless it gets waived), and additional money (hotels, food) from people coming to London for the concert, plus the actually tickets fees. I still can't see how they will lose money. I would also assume the 'books' on this would be made public.

Isn't it more important to care about the feelings of the living, who invited you, than the dead? It would be a slap in the face to William and Harry if Camilla said no to the memorial service IMO.

So you rang her up and got confirmation of this? :lol:

Possibly. I did however, use my ears. We've been told that she will definately be attending with the Prince of Wales. So I sort of think she'll be there.

It's just great that her sons are at the forefront of organising these events - the memorial service and the concert. I love the title 'Concert for Diana'. It sounds so right. A celebration of her wonderful life. Though it was short, it had so much meaning for many of us. Though it ended tragically, there is so much remembrance of all that was beautiful and lovely associated with it.

I congratulate TRH Prince William and Prince Harry for wanting to commemorate this 10th anniversary of their mother's passing with such meaningful events. I love the interview and they emphasized that they want the concert to be fun just as their mother would have wanted. They obviously love her and want her remembered as she deserves. I cannot see any sign of ill-will or rancour on their part. So let's just support them in this endeavour and leave all the unfair speculations aside.

BeatrixFan said:

Well, for someone who doesn't see what there is to debate, your doing a good job of it :rolleyes:.lol.

Of course this does beg the question - when is enough enough? I mean, are we going to have one of these every ten years?

Because there has already been a celebration, yeah :neutral:

Hmmm, if I have my years right, 2007 shall mark the tenth year of her passing so who said anything about a concert every 10 years? Get through the first one first. Of course if it doesn't pain you (which I'm guessing it shall) too much, BeatrixFan.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom