Painted and Photographic Diana Portraits

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BeatrixFan said:
I think borderline personality disorder is the new way of refering to multiple personality disorder. Not being a phsyciatrist I didn't know that. There are two reasons for me thinking this;

1) Diana once took her private secretary on holiday with her to the Maldives. Diana insisted she have whatever she wanted and lavished all sorts on her. Then, on the last day, they were laying by the pool and Diana said, "I'll get them to give you your half of the bill" and walked off. Diana had made it clear that the holiday was on her. But then she snapped. The secretary phoned Charles in tears - she couldn't pay it. Diana remained firm and said she had to and in the end, Charles stepped in and paid the entire bill.

2) A maid who lived in a small cottage in the grounds of Highgrove (I think but I'll check) was dating a bodyguard and Diana hated it. One minute she told the maid that she was happy for her but that she shouldnt mix work and pleasure and the next she demanded that the bodyguard be sacked. He was. He went to the cottage and Diana saw him. She flew out, in the middle of the night - wearing only her nightie and hammered on the door screaming, "I know you've got him in there. Get him out! You're disgusting!". And the maid was later sacked.

Then there's the incident with Raine and the stairs, the panorama interview, the Burrell revelations (he said she would kick her shoes off and want to hear the latest gossip one minute and would play the imperious princess the next).....it's all strange to me.
Uh, no. Disassociative Identity Disorder is the "NEW" way to refer to Multiple Personality Disorder. Both MPD and BPD are OLD terms. Please do a little research before making unfounded accusations.

Thanks ladies. :)

That's not multiple personality disorder. Multiple personality disorder is when your consciousness actually splits in different people with different names, histories, relationships, etc. The main personality may not even know that the others exist so they experience blackouts of long periods of time when they don't remember anything.

That's not what Diana had, if so, she wouldn't have been able to function at all.

There was a book and movie out in the 70s about a multiple personality disorder. It's called Sybil.

Last edited:
ysbel said:
Thanks ladies. :)

That's not multiple personality disorder. Multiple personality disorder is when your consciousness actually splits in different people with different names, histories, relationships, etc. The main personality may not even know that the others exist so they experience blackouts of long periods of time when they don't remember anything.

That's not what Diana had, if so, she wouldn't have been able to function at all.
Yes, there is no evidence that she had "alters," that she lost time or that she committed acts that she had no awareness of later-all hallmarks of MPD.

Please do a little research before making unfounded accusations

I didn't make an accusation, I said I believe she was suffering from multi-personality disorder. I apologise for not being a brain surgeon. Let me rephrase my opinion. She was suffering from a mental illness that caused her to be all sweetness and light one moment and hard and bitchy the next. (Ok?)

BeatrixFan said:
I didn't make an accusation, I said I believe she was suffering from multi-personality disorder. I apologise for not being a brain surgeon. Let me rephrase my opinion. She was suffering from a mental illness that caused her to be all sweetness and light one moment and hard and bitchy the next. (Ok?)
Okay! Let me put ot this way. You made assertions that were based in a world of ignorance that could have been remedied by a few clicks on GOOGLE. {personal remark deleted - Elspeth}

Last edited by a moderator:
It's OK BeatrixFan. It is confusing. I went to do a Google search on multiple personality disorder and found they changed the name to dissociative personality disorder. All these disorders sound alike.

I am making a claim that Diana had personality issues. She was one thing at one time and another at others depending on what suited her. I am not a trouble maker or an attention-seeker which Diana supporters seem to brand someone when they make a post that isn't complimentary about their divine leader. I believe that she had mental problems based on the examples given. Lets discuss that. They are not fantastical claims at all.

BeatrixFan said:
Let me rephrase my opinion. She was suffering from a mental illness that caused her to be all sweetness and light one moment and hard and bitchy the next. (Ok?)

Well maybe she had the Queen Mum disease because that is one old lady I think could turn from super sweet to downright vindictive without blinking an eye. ;)

I don't think the Queen Mum had a disorder but the different sides of her were really different!

Can we please get back on topic to the new exhibit of Princess Diana photos by Mario Testino. This discussion has become increasingly derailed by this line of discussion.

It was never confirmed by anyone officially associated with Princess Diana that she had a personality disorder of any sort, whether it be multiple personality disorder, disassociative personality disorder, border personality disorder, etc. And as it was never confirmed, and mere speculation by everyone, that is against our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

Alexandria,

With all due respect, the point I was making that these photographs seem to show that Diana had two sides to her and those sides were hard to comprehend and maybe a mental illness was the reason behind her apparant two faces. I wasn't speculating - it was a sudden medical journal discussion that derailed the discussion.

Thank you Alexandria!

The photos look great! I am definitely planning a trip to London in 2006 and will check out the exhibit.

i cant wait see the Diana's exhibibition photos when i would go London again see the Princess's pictures.

Sara Boyce

BeatrixFan said:
Alexandria,

With all due respect, the point I was making that these photographs seem to show that Diana had two sides to her and those sides were hard to comprehend and maybe a mental illness was the reason behind her apparant two faces. I wasn't speculating - it was a sudden medical journal discussion that derailed the discussion.

Thank you Alexandria!

We all have two sides, it's human to talk one day about serious things (like landmines, poor children, etc) and the other day about superficial things (like fashion). Princess Mary also did photos for Vogue in a very glamourous way and it doesn't seem she wanted to be a supermodel or she had a menthal illness.

I'm glad her sons liked this exhibition! :) I would like to see it too.

Regina said:
Thank you Alexandria!

We all have two sides, it's human to talk one day about serious things (like landmines, poor children, etc) and the other day about superficial things (like fashion). Princess Mary also did photos for Vogue in a very glamourous way and it doesn't seem she wanted to be a supermodel or she had a menthal illness.

Thanks Regina for seeing the obvious!:)

It isn't obvious. Will you please stop applauding peoples posts just because they disagree with me or any other Charles and Camilla supporter. Its so tiresome. It isn't obvious hence why I asked the question.

Everyone needs to relax :)

I don't see anything wrong with having separate and sometimes divergent interests. There is nothing wrong with playing dress up and doing model shots especially when you are taking photos for a fundraising book. I guess thats why there is a company in the states that does Glamour photos for ordinary people. In addition, if you have a desire to do something (landmines, community service, etc.) are we saying that you can only do one or the other. So any model who has a desire to do something meanfingul in the world should be told not to bother?

Thats true Zonk. The thing I can't understand is what she actually wanted. Did she want to be a glamour model or a Princess. And were these pics for a fundraising book or were they to fuel her pleasure for having other people look at her?

I believe those photos were taken for the Christie's catalog ( I believe they did the auction) when she was selling off her dresses for charity. Please correct me if I am wrong about the auction house :)

I don't think she wanted to be either. Truthfully I think she wanted to be a wife and mother. Now I know you probably won't agree with me :) BUT while I think Diana had extremely low self esteem (of which a lot of people will agree too) and it doesn't help when the man you are married to loves someone else and you have no self value. You have to get your appreciation from other people. I also think (recognizing this is not the thread for it...so moderators..I am sorry) that by getting married at 19 she didn't have time to define personality before marriage and so she was constantly figuring it out during the marriage. I, personally, am not in favor of anyone getting married too young (not to offend anyone who did because it works for some people) because she really don't have time to develop into the real Diana.

Zonk1189 said:
I also think (recognizing this is not the thread for it...so moderators..I am sorry) that by getting married at 19 she didn't have time to define personality before marriage and so she was constantly figuring it out during the marriage. I, personally, am not in favor of anyone getting married too young (not to offend anyone who did because it works for some people) because she really don't have time to develop into the real Diana.

That's true. I definitely agree with you Zonk about early marriages.

I've seen a few high school sweethearts marry in their teens but these people have known each other their whole lives and even then it sometimes doesn't work out.

Zonk1189 said:
BUT while I think Diana had extremely low self esteem (of which a lot of people will agree too) and it doesn't help when the man you are married to loves someone else and you have no self value. You have to get your appreciation from other people.

Well, when people are fully mature, they learn to get appreciation from themselves but you're right when we're very young we look to other people for approval.

I still see Diana as having a performer's personality. I think she would have needed the public affection even if she had had a loving husband and children. She reminds me of Maria Callas who regularly went onstage although she was quite happy with Aristotle Onassis. He couldn't understand why, if he loved her, that she had to leave him every weekend and go onstage. She definitely didn't need the money but she needed the public acclaim.

There's nothing wrong with that, some of my best friends are in the arts and definitely fall into that category. But the need for public acclaim can be very hard on relationships with significant others. It helps if you can find it to have a satisfying private relationship with someone because otherwise at the end of the day, you're going home alone to an empty house.

ysbel said:
It helps if you can find it to have a satisfying private relationship with someone because otherwise at the end of the day, you're going home alone to an empty house.

Ysbel...I totally agree. And it has been said before that when Diana went home she was often alone.

So back to the topic....well sort of. I have never been to Kensington Palace before..are there any other exhibits to see?

Regina said:
Thank you Alexandria!

AMEN, I agree with you again, please let diana rest in peace, she never will be forget because she was a great person, she never was useless, the land mines, the AIDS, the homeless, the children etc etc, she help many people, not only she help the body, she help the soul.
She was a princess, a mother, a mother (for me, in testeino's photos she look like a REAL WOMEN, she not like a supermodel), a wife, a sister, a friend, a humanitarian, A REAL PERSON.
MAny people love her and another not love her, she is gone, please don's offend her memory.

I LOVE TESTINO'S PHOTOS, she look sooooo beautiful, so alive.
Nobody can be like her, she look bettet than many supermodels and many princess ..why?, well because she look human (a close person to us), she don't look artificial, no sugery, on botox, only like her was. She look in testino'sp photos like DIANA ITSELF. She was a person like you, like me, why she was so special for many people, well becuse she was like she was, she never need change.

Last edited:
please let diana rest in peace

We would but there are people who keep dragging her up every five minutes when some of us would rather leave her in 1997 and concentrate on 2005.

Let's get back on topic, please.

Elspeth

British Royals moderator

I do some captures from cbs news video. the quality is poor, sorry.

diana-testino9.jpg

I said to get back on topic. This bickering is completely pointless.

Elspeth

British Forums moderator

I have often read that style is something people are born with-either they have it or they do not. In Diana's case, this is untrue. She has a horrid dress sense in the beginning. Also, dear ones, no one but a stripper should ever be photographed with her knees this far apart in a dress.
attachment.php

corazon said:
I do some captures from cbs news video. the quality is poor, sorry.
Thanks for posting the pictures. She looks wonderful as usual. The pic are blurry But. she still looks great in the blurry pictures Go Figure. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
BeatrixFan said:
True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.

That may be your opinion BeatrixFan, it was never confirmed she had a multi-personality disorder. I see it as a young girl who got married to a older prince and was expected to behave like him, always sensible, always in line, and she was only 21! She had to grow up overnight by marrying him and become the perfect princess everyone wanted her to be, even at the extent of not letting her true fun loving nature be exposed. I think finally after her divorce she could let go a little and why not? Why not take pictures that make you feel happy about yourself and show the world that you are a happy human being and finally have a chance to smile. Look at with her kids too, do you really think she would have been such a fun mother if her childhood hadn't have been so bad? Everything happens for a reason, and I think just because she does charity work doesn't mean she can't have fun once in a while, were all humans and we should be able to act like one whether you're royal or not. I think these are very nice pictures of Diana.

Panther2000 said:
Thanks for posting the pictures. She looks wonderful as usual. The pic are blurry But. she still looks great in the blurry pictures Go Figure. :D

you'welcome!;)

Back
Top Bottom