The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-24-2005, 04:57 PM

So, did she want to be a Princess or a Supermodel?

Old 11-24-2005, 05:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
So, did she want to be a Princess or a Supermodel?
That was uncalled for. Those pics were to be used for charity auction of her dresses. Some weren't used. Just proves that there are still many of us out there who love her and appreciate her.

Old 11-24-2005, 05:03 PM

No it wasn't uncalled for. It was a genuine question. Did she want to be a Princess and mother of a King or did she want to be a Supermodel? Do you believe these were taken for charity auctions? She was a vain person and as far as I can see, they were shots to fuel her ego.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:07 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No it wasn't uncalled for. It was a genuine question. Did she want to be a Princess and mother of a King or did she want to be a Supermodel? Do you believe these were taken for charity auctions? She was a vain person and as far as I can see, they were shots to fuel her ego.
Beatrixfan, I am watching you follow me from forum to forum to see what I say and do to annoy me. I have contacted the moderators.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:09 PM

NO. It's a serious question. Just because you don't like it, don't refer to me as a trouble maker. Can anyone apart from tiaraprin, answer me whether Diana wanted to be a Princess or a Supermodel?
Old 11-24-2005, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
NO. It's a serious question. Just because you don't like it, don't refer to me as a trouble maker. Can anyone apart from tiaraprin, answer me whether Diana wanted to be a Princess or a Supermodel?
I think she didn't want to be a Princess in the way Buckingham Palace defined it. As far as wanting to be a supermodel? Well, Princess Caroline who had the model looks tried it out in the 70s and decided it wasn't for her so I don't think one shoot means Diana wanted to be a supermodel.l
Old 11-24-2005, 05:24 PM

Thanks Ysbel. This is the strange thing. One minute she was in a foreign country, in the dirt cuddling babies and preaching about landmines, declaring her wish to serve humanity and bring world peace- the next she was posing in skimpy dresses like a supermodel and appearing in hollywood with a split up her dress and sleeping around. It makes no sense. She was a mixed up character and I think these photographs show that more than anything else.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:29 PM
Royal Highness

I have contacted the moderators a second time. . ..
Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Thanks Ysbel. This is the strange thing. One minute she was in a foreign country, in the dirt cuddling babies and preaching about landmines, declaring her wish to serve humanity and bring world peace- the next she was posing in skimpy dresses like a supermodel and appearing in hollywood with a split up her dress and sleeping around. It makes no sense. She was a mixed up character and I think these photographs show that more than anything else.
Yeah, I agree, she had an identity crisis. She seemed to try on different personas to see which one would fit. A lot of women do that in their twenties and thirties. They're usually single though and don't have the whole world watching.
Old 11-24-2005, 05:31 PM

Well, I've asked a question and I've got sensible answers. I haven't bashed her in anyway. I asked a serious question and you dismissed me as a trouble maker. You are not a moderator tiaraprin, however much you want to defend Diana. This is a discussion forum, not a forum to fawn over her.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Well, everyone is allowed to be inconsistent. Prince Charles says a lot of sensible things about environmental preservation, and then he does things like having a low-mileage car toted around Europe for him to drive or (assuming these people aren't lying) having someone drive all the way from Highgrove to London to pick up a box of chocolates for his granny's birthday because he forgot to take them. You can find these sorts of incinsistencies anywhere if you have the notion to look for them. Humans, after all, aren't Vulcan. (live long and prosper \\ //)
Old 11-24-2005, 07:26 PM

True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I think she didn't want to be a Princess in the way Buckingham Palace defined it. As far as wanting to be a supermodel? Well, Princess Caroline who had the model looks tried it out in the 70s and decided it wasn't for her so I don't think one shoot means Diana wanted to be a supermodel.l
Princess Stephanie really tried to be a model.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

I've heard people say she might have had borderline personality disorder, but I can't say I've ever heard this stuff about multiple personalities. I think that's a different sort of disorder entirely from the sort of lack of confidence she had about her identity.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
True. But being a hypocrite and showing signs of multi-personality disorder are two different things Elspeth. From stories I've heard, I believe she was suffering from an illness such as multi-personality disorder.
{personal remark deleted - Elspeth} I might say "borderline personality disorder" but nothing more.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I've heard people say she might have had borderline personality disorder, but I can't say I've ever heard this stuff about multiple personalities. I think that's a different sort of disorder entirely from the sort of lack of confidence she had about her identity.
Yeah, I don't think Diana had multiple personality disorder. I just think she married young before she knew who she was. What is borderline personality disorder?
Old 11-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakodas
Princess Stephanie really tried to be a model.
Oh I forgot about that! Yes! Stephanie really wanted to be a model but it didn't work out. I don't know what happened there.

That's another princess with some sort of disorder although with Stephanie, I don't know what you'd call it.
Old 11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Oh I forgot about that! Yes! Stephanie really wanted to be a model but it didn't work out. I don't know what happened there.

That's another princess with some sort of disorder although with Stephanie, I don't know what you'd call it.
She looked so androgynous in her photos-even in swimsuits!:(
Old 11-24-2005, 07:40 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Yeah, I don't think Diana had multiple personality disorder. I just think she married young before she knew who she was. What is borderline personality disorder?
  1. Frantic efforts to avoid real or imagined abandonment. Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  2. A pattern of unstable and intense interpersonal relationships characterized by alternating between extremes of idealization and devaluation. This is called "splitting."
  3. Identity disturbance: markedly and persistently unstable self-image or sense of self.
  4. Impulsivity in at least two areas that are potentially self-damaging (e.g., spending, sex, substance abuse, reckless driving, binge eating). Note: Do not include suicidal or self-mutilating behavior covered in (5).
  5. Recurrent suicidal behavior, gestures, or threats, or self-mutilating behavior.
  6. Affective instability due to a marked reactivity of mood (e.g., intense episodic dysphoria, irritability, or anxiety usually lasting a few hours and only rarely more than a few days).
  7. Chronic feelings of emptiness.
  8. Inappropriate, intense anger or difficulty controlling anger (e.g., frequent displays of temper, constant anger, recurrent physical fights).
  9. Transient, stress-related paranoid ideation or severe dissociative symptoms.
http://www.bpdresourcecenter.org/what_Criteria.htm
Old 11-24-2005, 07:42 PM

I think borderline personality disorder is the new way of refering to multiple personality disorder. Not being a phsyciatrist I didn't know that. There are two reasons for me thinking this;

1) Diana once took her private secretary on holiday with her to the Maldives. Diana insisted she have whatever she wanted and lavished all sorts on her. Then, on the last day, they were laying by the pool and Diana said, "I'll get them to give you your half of the bill" and walked off. Diana had made it clear that the holiday was on her. But then she snapped. The secretary phoned Charles in tears - she couldn't pay it. Diana remained firm and said she had to and in the end, Charles stepped in and paid the entire bill.

2) A maid who lived in a small cottage in the grounds of Highgrove (I think but I'll check) was dating a bodyguard and Diana hated it. One minute she told the maid that she was happy for her but that she shouldnt mix work and pleasure and the next she demanded that the bodyguard be sacked. He was. He went to the cottage and Diana saw him. She flew out, in the middle of the night - wearing only her nightie and hammered on the door screaming, "I know you've got him in there. Get him out! You're disgusting!". And the maid was later sacked.

Then there's the incident with Raine and the stairs, the panorama interview, the Burrell revelations (he said she would kick her shoes off and want to hear the latest gossip one minute and would play the imperious princess the next).....it's all strange to me.

Tags
diana princess of wales, exhibition, mario testino, photos, pictures, portraits, princess diana