The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Location: Between the first and second floor of the Eiffel Tower, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I think she was already starting to figure out how to "work" with Charles where the two boys were concerned. I think she would have matured, like most of us, and gotten on with her life. I would hope she would of married someone better then Dodi, not saying he was a bad person, I just don't think it was a good match. I KNOW she would of continued to support her boys and hopefully would of made peace with the royal family. She had been around them all her life and I would hope that there would be forgiveness on both side.
At the time of her death, she and Charles had already 'sort things out' and were in a good relationship. They had agree to do the best for William and Harry, so quit the worthless rows. I think as long as Charles didn't talk about Camilla and Diana did the same about her lovelife, it was fine between them. If Charles has accepted this 'reconciliation', the Royal Family might have done the same in the end. But that's only my opinion.

Please, help find a cure for ALS

Because it matters...
Old 07-23-2007, 07:06 PM
Nobility

If Diana were still alive she would be very proud of her boys and I believe would have remarried, but I don't know if she would have moved because it was so far away from William and Harry. I think that if she would have survived the crash she and Charles would be on good terms and would be able to accept Camilla as her boys stepmother and would have been on pretty goood terms with other royals.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
You only have to look at the parents, or older siblings to see what changes might occur. It is a natural thing, you summed it up yourself, "for their age".
Probably, but The Princess was fit and healthy she took care of herself and her looks. When one is fit and healthy they look young and great for their age. And Diana's mother Frances aged gracefully I can't say that for Diana's siblings.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
And Diana's mother Frances aged gracefully
We must be thinking of a different Frances Shand Kidd.
Old 07-24-2007, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
We must be thinking of a different Frances Shand Kidd.
Well from a physical point it wasn't that bad but she died of parkison and brain cancer at 68 so she didn't aged very well IMO. Of course Diana could have lived much longer but life goes on ...

Because it matters...
Old 08-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Nobility

I hope that Diana would have just found peace of mind. I think she would have had a nice winter home someplace warm, perhaps a place like South Africa but would have still maintained her home base in England. As much as she bitched I think she knows she would have been hounded in America if she would have moved there.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:53 PM
Royal Highness

if only we knew. it's interesting to guess though. i'm not sure she would be remarried but she'd proud of her boys that's for sure.
Old 08-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read somwhere that Diana told a friend that all she had was good memories of the marriage. And from Anne Edwards Ever After it stated that on Diana's 36th birthday Charles had sent her a bouquet of flowers. I think before she died Diana and Charles were actually friends. IMO
Old 08-12-2007, 05:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I read somwhere that Diana told a friend that all she had was good memories of the marriage. And from Anne Edwards Ever After it stated that on Diana's 36th birthday Charles had sent her a bouquet of flowers. I think before she died Diana and Charles were actually friends. IMO
I read that too and I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated so they had the time to talk and have a mature relationship for the happiness of the boys.

Because it matters...
Old 08-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth View Post
I read that too and I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated so they had the time to talk and have a mature relationship for the happiness of the boys.
I find that hard to believe. If Charles was having a hard time with the press, it would have been Camilla he turned to, not Diana. The panorama interview only took place in 1995 and before and after that there was the much publicised WotW.

If Diana had good memories of the marriage, Why did she give all the negative information about Charles, HM and the royal family to Morton.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I find that hard to believe. If Charles was having a hard time with the press, it would have been Camilla he turned to, not Diana. The panorama interview only took place in 1995 and before and after that there was the much publicised WotW.

If Diana had good memories of the marriage, Why did she give all the negative information about Charles, HM and the royal family to Morton.
But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla.

Because it matters...
Old 08-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But Camilla had absolutely no power on the media. If Charles had a hard time then Diana could do something about it, not Camilla.
Diana certainly had no power over the media, they were complaining about the amount of holidays she was taking, if she had had any power, surely she would have stopped that.

The animosity between the two was there for all to see in the early '90's and was clear, the major fallout over the Dimbleby and Panorama interview's was not something that was going to be easy to fix over a cup of tea.

The chances of Charles discussing 'hard times' with Diana are remote, as she was the 'other side' in the war. More likely he discussed the nasty articles with Camilla.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I understand what you're saying, TheTruth. And to a certain extent, I'm obliged to agree

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 08-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The Princess supposedly said this a year after the divorce so she chose to only remember the good memories of the marriage rather then the bad.
And why is it so hard to believe that Charles and Diana had a good friendship after the divorce?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
And to a certain extent, I'm obliged to agree
In what way?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:54 AM
Heir Apparent

I believe things were getting better. They were making a go of creating an amicable correspondance which, if they had been given the chance to further that, would have no doubt fashioned, at least in my mind, something of a friendship.

I think Diana and Charles still cared for one another, even after the divorce, but in a way no one here could understand.

Old 08-12-2007, 09:58 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
The Princess supposedly said this a year after the divorce so she chose to only remember the good memories of the marriage rather then the bad.
And why is it so hard to believe that Charles and Diana had a good friendship after the divorce?
The divorce was in 1996, so her memory must have been really short if was able to so quickly forget the bad marriage and all the reasons they divorced. After such a mucky time of the divorce, the fighting over titles and money, I think a 'good friendship' was still some way off, more likely they were able to talk without fighting so much. With the best will in the world, it is unusual to become good friends after all that was said.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
In what way?
Diana, though in a position to wound was also in a position to heal (as are all those in position's of influence). The latter didn't reach any particular public capacity, but Diana could have (perhaps maybe even would have, with time) made a difference to the image she helped portray of Charles at the time (whether rightly or wrongly).

And whilst Charles most likely seeked comfort, and possibly even counsel, in the company of the now lovely and very agreeable Duchess, there was very little Camilla could have done. Infact, she was powerless to do a thing. The greater majority of the public disliked her and the media loathed her.

In terms of Charles's public image, Diana held what could certainly be construed as the "upper" hand.

I of course understand if you disagree

Old 08-12-2007, 10:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Diana, though in a position to wound was also in a position to heal (as are all those in position's of influence). The latter didn't reach any particular public capacity, but Diana could have (perhaps maybe even would have, with time) made a difference to the image she helped portray of Charles at the time (whether rightly or wrongly).

And whilst Charles most likely seeked comfort, and possibly even counsel, in the company of the now lovely and very agreeable Duchess, there was very little Camilla could have done. Infact, she was powerless to do a thing. The greater majority of the public disliked her and the media loathed her.

In terms of Charles's public image, Diana held what could certainly be construed as the "upper" hand.
The remark I replied to was from TheTruth and she said:-

I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated .....

I pointed out that the time period TT is talking about, encompasses the WotW and both damaging interviews, so it would be unlikely they would be telephoning one another to complain about those nasty reporters. More likely he would have sought comfort from Camilla. Diana from whoever she was with.
Whilst Diana, in time may have stopped using the media to discredit Charles, as we all know, it would have been impossible to retract all the negative remarks she had made about him. Diana had 'lost her way' with the media and it is hard to see how she could have had any 'upperhand' over her own, let alone Charles' image at that time.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
The remark I replied to was from TheTruth and she said:-

I also read that when one of them was in serious trouble with the press attacks they would phone each other to see what they could do. They had just divorced but it had been already 4 years (1992-1996) that they were separated .....

I pointed out that the time period TT is talking about, encompasses the WotW and both damaging interviews, so it would be unlikely they would be telephoning one another to complain about those nasty reporters. More likely he would have sought comfort from Camilla. Diana from whoever she was with.
Whilst Diana, in time may have stopped using the media to discredit Charles, as we all know, it would have been impossible to retract all the negative remarks she had made about him. Diana had 'lost her way' with the media and it is hard to see how she could have had any 'upperhand' over her own, let alone Charles' image at that time.
I might agree with you on the period of the 90's. At the time of her death Diana was loosing her power over them, although I must say the press still followed her when she revealed herself on the french holidays with Dodi just to leave zero chance of front page for Camilla. Until the end she made the front page, for good or bad, but she sells and that's what counts in the press. IMO, she was right to not make an only one-way-buisness of her image, she gives but she doesn't get. On the contrary, she could ask them favours and I think she used this power to help the people, including Charles, who were harassed by the media.

Because it matters...
Closed Thread

Tags
diana princess of wales, princess diana