Charles Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer and Family 1: Ending Aug. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why Diana put so much emphasis and pressure on her brother over Garden House. Surely, there were many more properties in the English countryside available for her to purchase and outfit in a secure manner.

Maybe because it was home and she felt secure there. Althorp could have held happy and comforting memories for her at a time when she felt alone and vulnerable. Perhaps she was also in need of feeling closer to her Spencer roots after being ostracized by the Windsors.

Maybe because it was home and she felt secure there. Althorp could have held happy and comforting memories for her at a time when she felt alone and vulnerable. Perhaps she was also in need of feeling closer to her Spencer roots after being ostracized by the Windsors.

That is exactly what I think Kimebear. When you are feeling vulnerable there is nothing like home, she didn´t want just any house, she wanted the comfort of home and probably had fond memories of this particular house. I think it was very cruel of her brother to refuse her. No matter for what reason.

That is exactly what I think Kimebear. When you are feeling vulnerable there is nothing like home, she didn´t want just any house, she wanted the comfort of home and probably had fond memories of this particular house. I think it was very cruel of her brother to refuse her. No matter for what reason.

Earl Spencer mentioned it was because the security presence and papparazzi would be disruptive to his own family which seems a valid reason. At some point, when a choice is between making your wife happy and making your sister happy, a man is liable to choose making the wife happy, regardless of what happened to Earl Spencer's marriage later.

TheTruth said:
He has exactly the same problem which Diana had : longterm relationships whether it's friendship or love don't seem to work. Just need to see how many lovers Diana had (even without including the alleged ones) and how many friends she dumped. It's clear it's the result of something that went wrong during their childhood. Probably the divorce since neither Sarah or Jane seem to have this relationship problem with others.

I think you bring up a valid point. The Spencers remind me of my father's family. My grandfather died when the younger children were still very young and my grandmother didn't cope very well. The older children seem not to be as affected by it but the younger ones definitely were.

Last edited:
Earl Spencer mentioned it was because the security presence and papparazzi would be disruptive to his own family which seems a valid reason. At some point, when a choice is between making your wife happy and making your sister happy, a man is liable to choose making the wife happy, regardless of what happened to Earl Spencer's marriage later.

Well Earl Spencer doesn´t have the reputation of making his wives happy, so you never know perhaps on this occasion. :whistling::whistling:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know that which is why I said regardless of what happened later in his marriage.

Its conceivable that if his marriage was already in trouble when Diana asked, inviting her to stay on the grounds would have made things more difficult for his family which would have given him more trouble and I get the sense that Earl Spencer is the type that likes to avoid difficulties.

This is a good point. I think as well that perhaps Diana would have been inclined by that point in her life to see only her own side of the issue and not listen to what her brother had to say about about his own family and their situation. I can understand Diana's hurt in being turned down by the brother that she "mothered", but perhaps the Earl had his own very good reasons for making the choice that he did.:flowers:

Its conceivable that if his marriage was already in trouble when Diana asked, inviting her to stay on the grounds would have made things more difficult for his family which would have given him more trouble and I get the sense that Earl Spencer is the type that likes to avoid difficulties.

"Became Princess Diana"
"Prince Charles of England"

Horrors! Someone really needs a copy of Debrett's Correct Form!!:eek::ROFLMAO:

Diana Spencer, who became Princess Diana when she married Prince Charles of England, raised her family's name recognition across the globe. Now, the ninth Earl of Spencer hopes to do the same for the family home with a cross-country tour and presentation that includes a stop in Southeast Texas on Saturday.

Princess Di's brother visits Southeast Texas >> www.beaumontenterprise.com - Entertainment & Life

Charles Spencer

I met Princess Diana's brother, Charles Spencer last Thursday night at a coctail reception/lecture for his "Althorp Living History" furniture line. He has been traveling across the US promoting this line the last few days. He was very nice and down to earth!! It was held at a high end furniture store called Von Hemert Interiors, located in Costa Mesa/Newport Beach, CA. (In Orange County,CA, which is about 40 minutes south of LA). The store carries the Althorp furniture line.
My sister received an invition from the store because she shops there alot. I can't afford their furniture! Charles spoke for about 15 minutes about Althorp, then went in the store (it was at night and the store was closed to the public),and autographed his furniture, & books for sale about Althorp House, & posed for photos with anyone that wanted their photo taken wih him. From the side he looks like Diana, but looking at him head on, he looks just like Prince William. His hair was a blondish color not reddish.

I wonder what's up with the old girlfriend (Colleen) and the newest ex wife. Did they reach a settlement agreement regarding the assets?

I wonder what's up with the old girlfriend (Colleen) and the newest ex wife. Did they reach a settlement agreement regarding the assets?
Ex girlfriends have no entitlement to any of the assets.:flowers:

I know Colleen is not entitled to any of the assets...I was wondering if she has resumed her career in the States.:flowers:

The settlement question was in reference to the ex. I believe she wanted the London townhouse..if I am not mistaken.

Next in line: Earl Spencer's latest conquest is Bianca, Lady Eliot, widow of drug-taking peer

By Oliver Koster

Given his track record as a womaniser, it was never going to be long until Earl Spencer found another girlfriend after splitting with his latest three weeks ago.
Sure enough, he's in love again already.
The latest in the long line of Spencer conquests is Bianca, Lady Eliot - a former model and widow of an eccentric drug-taking peer.

Earl Spencer
with Jane Yarrow, who is said to have 'dumped him.
Right: Lady Eliot attending an inquest on her late husband in 2006

Two years ago, the vivacious redhead found her husband Jago, Lord Eliot, dead in the bath from epilepsy. An inquest found he had cocaine and cannabis in his blood.
At 32, Bianca is 12 years Spencer's junior. The earl, who is said to have been dumped by blonde divorcee Jane Yarrow early this month, met Lady Eliot at an exclusive London club only last weekend. A source close to the couple said it was 'love at first sight'.

Hope this woman is not needy.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Spencer have high blood pressure? His face is awfully red.:ermm:

He might have adult acne. Redness happens around the cheeks and nose. I wonder is Prince Harry has the same problem?. :flowers:

Or that skin disease that turns the face red. My father had that. Or it might be the flush of love.:lol:

He might have adult acne. Redness happens around the cheeks and nose. I wonder is Prince Harry has the same problem?. :flowers:

I think he, and all the rest of the redheads in that family have the "ruddy" cheek Ihigh colour), but I don'd think it is Rosacea (commonly called "adult acne") as apart from the high colour they both seem in "Rude Health", Harry moreso than his uncle. :flowers:

I read that Diana had rosacea, if that's true I wouldn't be surprised that Earl Spencer has it, and Harry too. It's very common for Anglo-Saxons and Germanic people (I have it, courtesy of my dad -- Bill Clinton has it too).

I read that Diana had rosacea, if that's true I wouldn't be surprised that Earl Spencer has it, and Harry too. It's very common for Anglo-Saxons and Germanic people (I have it, courtesy of my dad -- Bill Clinton has it too).

Yes, according to Wikipedia, Diana had it too.
(My mom has it and I have it and it's truly annoying when you do sport : people always think you're about to faint because you're crimson red.)

Diana had rosacea on her nose, its very noticable in some photos.

Earl Spencer seems not able to stay faithful to a wife or a girlfriend.:nonono:

Aha. That´s horrible. :ermm:
But thanks.

Just read Earl Spencer's book on his relatives. It was pretty decent read. I would have like more on Lady Georgiana Spencer. The Spencers really have a very long, impressive history. I hope Earl Spencer does more with his life.:)

Hope this stress does not make Victoria slide back to addictive ways.:nonono:

I have always been fascinated by Victoria. I didn't like her when she married Charles - they were a very ill-matched couple and she did not seem healthy or - to put it mildly - did not seem to running on all cilanders.
Four children in quick succesion and then the public outing by her husband of her drug and alcohol problems. He even said that she was thick as a board - had no intelligence. The he dragged the whole family off to South Africa under the pretense of a "fresh start" when all he wanted to do was establish residency as he had the intention of divorcing Victoria and he didn't want to subject his estate to a horrible divorce settlement under English law.
Well, Victoria has made a life for herself and her children in South Africa. Her latest bout of difficulties are a shame and, I hope, that she is able to overcome them.
As for the Earl - as his late sister, Diana, used to say - Victoria needed him like a bad rash. She is well to be rid of him.
Charles Spencer is an embarassment to the Spencer name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom