The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2016, 04:44 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Starting to read this thread and coming across the article stating Kitty had slept out in the rough brought to mind the time that William did the same thing with Centrepointe.

Yes, I agree it was attention seeking. So was it the time that William did the same thing. They both were seeking to bring attention to the plight many homeless young people face as the winter months set in. It was just recently announced at at gathering that William attended that Centrepointe is working to get hotlines set up for young people that are facing homelessness to call and both William and Kitty are doing what they can to support and promote the work Centrepointe does. Its been an ongoing thing since William's mother and Kitty's aunt championed this project.

Old 11-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
You do know that Kitty is an ambassador for Centrepoint right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Starting to read this thread and coming across the article stating Kitty had slept out in the rough brought to mind the time that William did the same thing with Centrepointe.

Yes, I agree it was attention seeking. So was it the time that William did the same thing. They both were seeking to bring attention to the plight many homeless young people face as the winter months set in. It was just recently announced at at gathering that William attended that Centrepointe is working to get hotlines set up for young people that are facing homelessness to call and both William and Kitty are doing what they can to support and promote the work Centrepointe does. Its been an ongoing thing since William's mother and Kitty's aunt championed this project.
My sense, albeit completely unsubstantiated, is that Kitty's ongoing involvement with Centrepoint is really a way to seek attention via her late aunt. William is different, as he has been royal Patron for sometime.

Old 11-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
My sense, albeit completely unsubstantiated, is that Kitty's ongoing involvement with Centrepoint is really a way to seek attention via her late aunt. William is different, as he has been royal Patron for sometime.
The girl just want to make a difference. William also got involved because of his mother. The family was inspired by her and want help out the causes she supported.

A.W. TOZER
Old 11-27-2016, 04:09 PM
Majesty

Lady Kitty Spencer is a socialite, and this is what socialites with a social conscience do.
Old 12-02-2016, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Not a lot?
Old 12-03-2016, 03:49 AM
Majesty

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Earl Spencer's girl Kitty's party marathon | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-03-2016, 06:36 AM
Courtier

I like this girl.

She attended three parties in one night, supporting friends mainly and hopfully having fun along the way.

In the Royal arena, this could loosely be termed work, depending on the cause and included in the number of engagements chalked up for the monthly metrics.

Her involvement in Centrepoint? She doesn't need social recognition, she was born with it!
Old 12-03-2016, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
She doesn't need social recognition, she was born with it!
Really?

To me, she is just a C-list wannabe, trying to use her late aunt's connections.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Actually, when you stop to think about it, her status is exactly the same as Diana's was before she married Charles. Daughter of the Earl Spencer.

I really don't know that much about Kitty Spencer to pass judgment on but thought it was commendable to try and bring attention to Centrepointe.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:14 PM
Majesty

I think people look for an reason to criticize. She is Diana's niece, she can't escape that. And her father is also a media spectacle. As his daughter she is going to be known. Unless she becomes a hermit, people will know her. She could just party and think about herself, she is a private citizen. Instead she is using her notoriety to help bring attention to much needed causes. She is in the same boat as the York girls it seems. She can't win. She is either a rich lazy debutant, or a c list celebrity cashing in on family name. I am sure the charities she supports appreciates it even if others don't.
Old 12-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Actually, when you stop to think about it, her status is exactly the same as Diana's was before she married Charles. Daughter of the Earl Spencer.

I really don't know that much about Kitty Spencer to pass judgment on but thought it was commendable to try and bring attention to Centrepointe.
That's right. She's Earl Spencer's daughter in a new age.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Perhaps I have woken upofrom the side of the bed, but has it come to this that we need a Kitty Spencer to bring attention to charities like Centrepoint? Centrepoint has a royal patron in William, who is often seen at Centrepoint related events. Do we really need the child of a louche aristocrat and his drug riddled former wife, whose only claim to fame is a family link to the former Princess of Wales, to highlight well run and well funded charities?
Old 12-04-2016, 05:09 AM
Majesty

It takes far more that one royal patron to bring attention to an organization. It just happened that Lady Spencer's involvement was brought to our attention by the media. It very well could have been overlooked and we'd be none the wiser. I seriously doubt that Kitty made it a point to contact the media and relay her plans to sleep in the rough for Centrepointe because she's trading in on an aunt's name or her status or wanting to make a name for herself.

I totally respect your opinion but I heartily disagree with it.
Old 12-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Majesty

Lady Kitty Spencer is a vision in a bold dress at a swimwear launch in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Not sure how I feel about the dress but Lady Kitty is simply a stunningly beautiful young woman.

All of Earl Spencer's offspring hit genetic bingo, I think

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Majesty

Lady Kitty Spencer shows off her enviable curves for a Christmas party in London | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-14-2017, 04:48 AM
Majesty

PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Is Diana's brother helping her charity or himself?* | Daily Mail Online
Old 01-14-2017, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The brother of Diana, Princess of Wales is at the centre of accusations over an attempt to profit from the sale of tickets for a charity concert at the Royal Albert Hall.

Two tickets for seats for a Teenage Cancer Trust concert by Paul Weller in a box owned by Earl Spencer were put on sale for £835.

As the owner of a 12-seat box at the Royal Albert Hall, Earl Spencer would have received the tickets for free.

Had the tickets been sold they would have earned the seller £600, with the remainder taken in fees by the website on which they were advertised.

However, the tickets were taken off the Viagogo site after the Royal Albert Hall wa informed that they were being sold.
Read more: Row over sale of Earl Spencer's Royal Albert Hall charity concert tickets
Old 01-14-2017, 10:18 AM
Nobility

I do feel the press treats Earl Spencer really bad. Every time they talk about him, they go back to the story Earl Spencer rejected Diana a summer house near Althorp. They treat that story like a death-sentence to him.

According to what I know, Diana and her brother were quite close in her last year. In march 1997, when she heard about her brother's marriage crisis, she immediately flew to South Africa, trying to give some help. Her brother was with her (attending the same event ) on her last birthday. It seems they kept writing to each other until the end. The last letter her brother received from her was in Aug 1997, in which she talked to him her landmine campaign.

The constant attack on Earl Spencer from the press based on one single event, made me very suspicious of their motive? Or maybe the press just simply love creating rifts.
"Only a relative and fortunate few continue until the moment of death exploring the mystery of reality, ever enlarging and refining and redefining their understanding of the world and what is true..."
-- The Road Less Travelled
Old 01-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by anbrida View Post
I do feel the press treats Earl Spencer really bad. Every time they talk about him, they go back to the story Earl Spencer rejected Diana a summer house near Althorp. They treat that story like a death-sentence to him.

According to what I know, Diana and her brother were quite close in her last year. In march 1997, when she heard about her brother's marriage crisis, she immediately flew to South Africa, trying to give some help. Her brother was with her (attending the same event ) on her last birthday. It seems they kept writing to each other until the end. The last letter her brother received from her was in Aug 1997, in which she talked to him her landmine campaign.

The constant attack on Earl Spencer from the press based on one single event, made me very suspicious of their motive? Or maybe the press just simply love creating rifts.
The media pretty much dance on Earl Spencer's tonsils every chance they get. If they're not having fun writing about his marriages, they're beating the same dead horse about him using Diana's memory for his own gain. They just won't stop.

A.W. TOZER

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana