The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-29-2007, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassie
I'm not sure that is fair...I think it's highly probable that Robert Fellowes liked Diana, but did not think highly of the things that she did, such as the Morton book, etc. A case of "love the sinner, hate the sin". Remember, she lied to him, repeatedly, about the part she played in the book-by doing so, she placed him a very awkward position. Robert Fellowes was a traditional, career courtier who worked directly for the Queen and tried to protect the Queen's interests and the monarchy as a whole. Yes, he may be narrow minded, but Diana also violated his trust-so the problems were on both sides.
Yes, this is probably true. It makes more sense. After all, he really couldn't have disliked her too much personally as he'd known her since she was a young girl. I'm sure he felt torn during all the scandalous behavior. He was probably more than a little embarassed for her, too.

Old 01-31-2007, 09:04 PM
Nobility

Earl Spencer was trying to show up the royal family at the funeral, he was feeding on public emotion. The Spencer's being Wills and Harry's "blood family" is still one of the stupidest things I have ever heard a person say. Guess what My Lord, children get their "blood" from both mom and dad. Notice how his "blood" nephews are never seen with him?

Old 01-31-2007, 09:22 PM
Aristocracy

yep I agree, I don't think they spend any time with her sister's kids too.
Wittykitty
Old 03-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Serene Highness

The Spencers – Diana's Dynasty

channel4.com - Real Lives - The Spencers
Old 03-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Serene Highness

Sainthood for Diana relative?

http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/Vi...&SectionID=255
Old 03-14-2007, 04:16 AM
Commoner

Do the children of Earl Spencer, who are also teenagers by the time, have any contact to their cousins William and Harry? A recent picture showed the girls of Earl Spencer close with their mother, but not with the father. As Earl Spencer is now married a second time, and got another child by Caroline Freud, I wonder if he sees regularly the children of his first marriage. By the way, does anybody know about the children of his second wife Caroline from her first marriage to a direct descendant of Sigmund Freud? Are there any pictures? Do they have any contact to the Spencer children?

Marie Bonaparte (1882-1962)
Old 03-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Heir Apparent

From the Mail: Earl Spencer's exes gang up on loveless cad | the Daily Mail

"Earl Spencer's exes gang up on loveless cad

From the outside, it would be easy to believe all is well behind the elegant porticoed facade of Earl Spencer's impressive North London home."
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Administrator

Wow...he's a prize isn't he?!

What an awful thing to do his children. Why do people (men and women) insist on hurting each other when their are children involved? He seems so petty.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Serene Highness

Brother visits Princess Diana exhibit

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_travel/20070319/ap_tr_ge/travel_brief_princess_diana_exhibit_1
Old 03-23-2007, 08:02 PM

I consider myself a royal watcher, not a royal commenter...
Old 03-23-2007, 08:40 PM
Courtier

I normally don't comment too much in the British section. But I have always thought of the Earl Spencer as the biggest waste of space and air their is on the planet. The guy is a complete jerk. What I don't understand is why women keep going after him. It's not like his actions are a secret. He was horrible to his first wife about her bulimia and anorexia, cheated on her, cheated on second wife, and that speech he gave at Diana's wedding. Not the place for that! He just wanted attention and gave little thought to the feelings of Diana's children who were present.
Old 03-23-2007, 10:00 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana's brother divorces again
Princess Diana's brother divorces again - Breaking News - World - Breaking News
Old 03-24-2007, 06:00 AM
Courtier

He left wife #2 just months after the birth of their second child. He dumped wife #1 for the affair with #2 and with all the attention to the family after Diana's death, he tried to be "respectable" by marrying her instead of just impregnating her. Now he's onto #3 (the girl has called herself his fiancee).

Seems Diana's legacy is a powerful aphrodesiac and the Earl is taking full advantage. He lost any decent respect during his tirade at Diana's funeral.

I almost want the wife to "soak" him financially but there isn't much money to the Spencer name and the Diana money is guarded.
Old 03-24-2007, 08:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

What is wrong with that man. How can he want to put his own children out of his home. I often wonder how he and Princess Diana can be related.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Actually..when he divorced wife #1 he was having an affair with someone, but it wasn't wife #2. I believe it Chantal something..and he didn't bring her her to Diana's funeral..he brought Josie B.

Wife #2 was someone who was in his social circles..she was actually married to Matthew Freud..who left her for someone...can't remember the new's wife name. The 2nd wife will get a little something, but I believe the Spencer fortunte is tied up in land and trusts. If I was the new "fiancee" I would looking over my shoulder for the next ex Countess Spencer.

Its one thing to be slimy to your wife its quite another to be slimy to the mother of your children. Once might be an accident twice...I think we have a pattern here. Either way...he is quite apparent what he is about.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Courtier

Both of his wives were titled Countess and lost (or soon will) the title. Is there anyway they can keep it, say in a pre-nup?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:47 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suonymona
Both of his wives were titled Countess and lost (or soon will) the title. Is there anyway they can keep it, say in a pre-nup?
The ex-wives won't lose the title until they remarry. The first wife went from 'the Countess Spencer', to 'Victoria, Countess Spencer'.
There can be any number of xxx, Countess Spencers, limited only by the number of women the Earl is prepared to marry and divorce.
Old 03-25-2007, 07:50 AM
Courtier

Yikes.

I guess there is a styling for divorcees now. I thought there was just a "special" one for Diana and the way the Duchess of Kent chooses to style herself.

I should know better than to rely on the press, who calls her Victoria Spencer and not Victoria, Countess Spencer, the ex-wife of the Earl of Spencer. Guess they don't get paid by the word!
Old 03-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Royal Highness

This guy is an incredible womanizer. And he has six children...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Heir Apparent

And this from the canting hypocrite that took the moral high ground and villified the BRF whilst ostensibly giving a eulogy for his sister at her funeral.
As the rules dictate that inflamatory words like 'pond scum' should be ommitted, I can only hope that his present wife sucks him dry to the bone in the divorce.
Left with only his so-so looks, no money, and a highly inflated opinion of his own importance he wll be about as a attractive a prospect as yesterday's cold left-over sago pudding!

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana