The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-1997)

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-14-2011, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfg02 View Post
Princess Diana exhibit tops 50,000 tickets sold; Grand Rapids Art Museum extends hours
Princess Diana exhibit tops 50,000 tickets sold; Grand Rapids Art Museum extends hours | MLive.com

Video Clips - Earl Spencer at Grand Rapids
Earl Spencer at Grand Rapids video clips - Princess Diana Remembered
If you are a Diana fan this exhibit is worth it.

Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Princess Diana's niece charged with assault over late-night 'burger rage' row at McDonald's drive-through

Read more: Princess Diana's niece Amelia Spencer charged with assault over McDonald's row | Mail Online

Sounds a bit like - like father like daughter.

I also loved the line Mr Cinti, a self-employed machinist, is reported saying that Lady Amelia was pretty and well-dressed, adding: ‘I had no idea she was a lady – and she certainly didn’t act like one. She looked plastered and completely out of control.’

Old 01-15-2011, 12:41 AM
Majesty

Yes, the Spencers are known to be...errrr...passionate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
Sounds a bit like - like father like daughter.
Old 01-15-2011, 12:39 PM
Gentry

I wonder if this "machinist" did act as a lady, for sure, if wasn't him who started saying bad words, he probably didn't listen to them with Mother Theresa's serenity. Well, that was a traffic row, and Amelia Spencer didn't touch the man, only supposely said him bad words, I wonder if saying bad words in a traffic row is a crime. I wonder also why her friend, who beated the man wasn't charged, but I have a hunch: his father isn't Earl Spencer or have millions of dollars.
Old 01-15-2011, 01:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Yes, the Spencers are known to be...errrr...passionate.
I could not have expressed it any better.
Old 01-15-2011, 04:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariana Pazza View Post
I wonder if this "machinist" did act as a lady, for sure, if wasn't him who started saying bad words, he probably didn't listen to them with Mother Theresa's serenity. Well, that was a traffic row, and Amelia Spencer didn't touch the man, only supposely said him bad words, I wonder if saying bad words in a traffic row is a crime. I wonder also why her friend, who beated the man wasn't charged, but I have a hunch: his father isn't Earl Spencer or have millions of dollars.

The articles I have read say that she banged on the car and then sped away from the scene leaving an injured man behind. That is almost an admission of guilt - why leave if you have done nothing wrong. Her companion may have struck the actual blows but if she drove the getaway car she is equally guilty, in law as she was then an accessory or helper in the attack - hence the charge.
Old 01-18-2011, 01:25 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana exhibit coming to Union Station
Princess Diana exhibit coming to Union Station - KansasCity.com

Video - American Royal fans flock to Princess Diana exhibition
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12216295
Old 01-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Video - American Royal fans flock to Princess Diana exhibitionBBC News - American royal fans flock to Princess Diana exhibition
This video is from the Diana, A Celebration exhibit in Grand Rapids, Michigan that I attended. Pam DeVos, a clothing designer, being interviewed expressed her opinion on what to expect Ms Middleton's wedding gown to look like. I feel the same way about what we should expect for the gown's design.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
The articles I have read say that she banged on the car and then sped away from the scene leaving an injured man behind. That is almost an admission of guilt - why leave if you have done nothing wrong. Her companion may have struck the actual blows but if she drove the getaway car she is equally guilty, in law as she was then an accessory or helper in the attack - hence the charge.
I would not answer, but I coudn't resist. Well, that was a street fight, so, since Amelia's friend beated the man, of course he wouldn't help him after it, I never heard about somebody beating someone in a street fight and soon helped his oponent. Of course all the envolved people did something wrong, since they got involved in a street fight. Of course, when the fight was over, they went away, what could they did, hold and kiss their oponent?? Of course I think it was horrible, but it's not uncommom teenagers get involved in street fights mainly when drunk, and eventually somebody ends up injuried. I think it's awful, but as said a poet of my country, "that's life" !
Old 01-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Serene Highness

Will Earl Spencer help derail £34bn high-speed train line?

Read more: Will Earl Spencer help derail £34bn high-speed train line? | Mail Online
Old 01-31-2011, 10:48 AM
Commoner

Museum

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn View Post
I didn't think it was all that interesting. Of course, I tuned in to watch but I also have a less than glowing reaction to anything Earl Spencer does given how often he let his sister down during her lifetime. The family footage shot by his father of a very young Diana was captivating. But his comments were not very revealing......same old, same old "rifts with Royal Family overplayed," "am here for my nephews but they don't find it all that much fun to be with a 40 year old uncle,"......Nothing earthshattering. It's nice the Diana exhibit is on the road (now in Florida). It would be interesting to find out how much of the proceeds go to Althrop and Earl Spencer and how much to her Fund. I did find one thing interesting--he said certain grand English homes like his with important art and such are required to be open 3 months a year anyway--and so he incorporated the Diana Museum to further increase interest and profits during those months. And I will also say the portions of the traveling exhibit looked very interesting--if it would come to the Midwest one day, I would make every effort to see it. Any other thoughts on the interview?
There was probably a quibble at some stage and relationships were mended. I'm sure Diana wouldn't have minded certain things being on view and her family are aware of this, no doubt whatever revenue is generated is to ensure there is some wealth in the family and is their own business. Whether or not the museum stays open could come down to public demand as I'm sure the family would not want to turn people away. The statute is for the focal point to change and for people to visit and remember.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Diana was not on speaking terms with several family members at the time of her death, and I believe the Earl was one of them. I read that they quarreled when he demanded the return of the Spencer family tiara, which her father had given (or lent) to her.

I also read somewhere that William is not at all close to the Spencers and did not appreciate Earl Spencer's funeral oration. (That's why I'm doubtful that the Earl will speak or do a reading at the wedding, as Kitty Spencer said).

Harry apparently gets along with his cousins much better.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Will Earl Spencer help derail £34bn high-speed train line?

Read more: Will Earl Spencer help derail £34bn high-speed train line? | Mail Online

There has been a fair amount of criticism of the proposed route as it cuts thourhg some very beautiful countryside - so it would not be surprising if Charlie Spencer joined the chorus of dissapproval as well.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Lady Amelia Spencer - Court Hearing

CAPE TOWN, SOUTH AFRICA - FEBRUARY 01: Photographers gather at the entrance to Cape Town Magistrates Court sign, where Lady Amelia Spencer was due to appear on charges for common assault on February 1, 2011 in Cape Town, South Africa. The 18-year-old daughter of Earl Spencer was involved in a row that errupted in a McDonald's drive-through, not far from her home in Cape Town in the early hours of December 22, 2010. Today however she was not seen arriving or leaving the court and it is thought that this was due to avoid the media.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 02-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Diana was not on speaking terms with several family members at the time of her death, and I believe the Earl was one of them. I read that they quarreled when he demanded the return of the Spencer family tiara, which her father had given (or lent) to her.

I also read somewhere that William is not at all close to the Spencers and did not appreciate Earl Spencer's funeral oration. (That's why I'm doubtful that the Earl will speak or do a reading at the wedding, as Kitty Spencer said).

Harry apparently gets along with his cousins much better.
From what I understand Diana and the Earl had a falling out regarding her living at Althrop following her divorce --- in one of the cottages. The Earl didn't want to do deal with the paps which is understandable to an extent. On the other hand, she was his sister.

I have never heard that William doesn't get along or is not that close to his Spencer relatives. I guess that's why they were at the concert and William attended Laura's wedding. William and Harry are actually closer in age to Sarah and Jane's children than Charles's children, so it makes sense that they have more of a relationship with them. In the addition, the proximity of them being in England while the Earl's children live primarily in South Africa.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Majesty

They must have patched thing up by the time she died, though. She was in South Africa in the summer of '97, I think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
From what I understand Diana and the Earl had a falling out regarding her living at Althrop following her divorce --- in one of the cottages.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:32 AM
Administrator

Princess Diana’s 18-year-old niece flicked a cigarette at a man on crutches before kicking and hitting him, a court was told yesterday.
The full extent of the physical attack allegedly carried out by Lady Amelia Spencer became clear as she appeared in court for the first time.

Read more: Princess Diana's niece Amelia Spencer in the dock for 'kicking' man in McDonald's | Mail Online

Old 02-02-2011, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

Diana family ornaments held in UK
The Press Association: Diana family ornaments held in UK

Blizzard leads Grand Rapids area museums to choose not to open today
Blizzard leads Grand Rapids area museums to choose not to open today | MLive.com
Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Majesty

Perhaps the allegations are untrue or exaggerated. But if they are true, kicking and hitting a man on crutches is indefensible, no matter who this girl is.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Administrator

Agreed. Its a shame the the some of the youth of today have no respect for their elders. Or anyone really.

Also, in regard to your South Africa statement. I do believe that Diana had made up with Charles by the time of her death. I mean, I can understand why he didn't want the extra presence of the press at Althrop and that's why he said no to the cottage. And I can understand why she was upset about that.

Its quite common for siblings to fight and get over things. Not everyone is the Cosby Show or the Brady Bunch

Tags
althorp, diana, diana princess of wales, diana's family, diana: a celebration, earl spencer, museum, princess diana

« Charles and Diana | - »