The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2006, 09:39 PM
Aristocracy

I remember hearing about the Opening of Parliment hairdo incident when I was older b/c I was a toddler when it happened. But I do remember people were saying that she was trying to show up the queen. I've seen the pictures and I thought she looked beautiful with long hair and I honestly didn't see what the big deal was. Queen Elizabeth wears her hair in the same since God knows when so I don't understand how the press can blow a simple hair style out of proportion? From the pictures I saw I loved Diana w/ long hair and I kinda wish that she didn't cut it. But she also looked good with short hair too.

Old 05-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

I think it was one of the first appearances she made after having Harry. Opening of Parliament is usually a dull affair, aside from the displany of regalias, reading of government programs is not what one would call an exciting event. I think the press definitely helped to blow the whole hair style change out of proportion. For a formal occasion, Diana's swept up look was entirely appropriate.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:23 PM
Nobility

Now that the photos of Charles and Diana (together) from that night have been deleted, I can't check this info.....

What did Diana wear that night to and from the theater (it can just be a description of the outfit).
Old 05-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun5
If my memory is right, Diana actually danced on the stage in the 1980s in London. So, I thought that these photographs are the Princess Diana's pictures at that time.

I apologize that I posted the wrong picture about Princess Diana...
No! This is Diana dancing! Gutsey girl to get up and do that number. Practiced for weeks!:)
Old 05-28-2006, 05:43 AM

i like her with long hair!
Old 05-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Nobility

As bridesmaid at sister Lady Jane's wedding, April 1978. Teenage Diana had to wear the same style dress as the tiny bridesmaids (c. aged 5)!

Photo: Eastern Counties Newspapers

Old 05-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squidgy
Yes, it was quite a hat Ulik! Sort of like the hats she wore in her first few years as Princess of Wales - when she liked to have lots of veiling covering her eyes.

I have made a liar out of myself because I did find one more picture where Diana is in the wedding party. She is 4 years old (circa 1965). It's interesting because 12 year old Princess Anne was also in the wedding party (she is the picture on the right). Sorry for the picture quality - it is from an old Paris Match magazine.
Sorry Squidgy. That is Diana's sister Jane who is the bridesmaid at the Kent Wedding. Was Diana was even born when this wedding took place?

Slightly OT, but has anybody noticed that Jane's daughter (Laura I think) who was bridesmaid at Earl Spencer and Victoria Lockwoods wedding is the spitting image of her mother at the Kent wedding. Sorry I do not know how to post photos otherwise I would posy and show you all.

Scott
Old 05-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulik
...so anyone would like to open the Anne as Bridesmaid thread then? :)
I can tell you a few:) Anne was bridesamid to:

Lady Pamela Mountbatten
Princess Margaret
Duchess of Kent
Princess Alexandra of Kent
Queen Anne Marie

Cant think of anymore. I think she has only been an adult bridesmaid (well a late teenager) once and that was at the Greek Royal Wedding.

Kind regards
Scott
Old 05-30-2006, 04:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Sorry Squidgy. That is Diana's sister Jane who is the bridesmaid at the Kent Wedding. Was Diana was even born when this wedding took place?
Thanks Scott. If you read some earlier posts, you'll see that we've already straightened things out.:)
Old 06-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Jean
Now that the photos of Charles and Diana (together) from that night have been deleted, I can't check this info.....

What did Diana wear that night to and from the theater (it can just be a description of the outfit).

According to a British NP clipping I have off this event they said she arrived in 'a favorite blue gown' changed into this slinky champagne colour silk slip dress then later changed again to a 'red gown' which seems odd why didn't she put her blue dress back on but this is what they said whether it's is indeed factual I've NO idea.
Old 06-11-2006, 08:29 PM
Nobility

Thanks for the information!
Old 06-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Serene Highness

Perhaps a little bored during a polo match in June 1981, Diana performs some dance moves for a friend.

Photo: Press Association

Old 07-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Serene Highness

From Alamy.com
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Aristocracy

Great pictures! Do you know if that dance was recorded jun5? If it was do you know where I could find it?
Old 07-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Nobility

She looks lovely. Oh how we miss her.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:14 PM
Aristocracy

Great cartoon! I also heard that she liked to post new cartoons in her bathroom as well.
Old 07-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Serene Highness

From Acioline.biz; isifa.com
Old 09-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by msleiman
I really did like Diana with longer hair. I also loved the cartoon. I have readed that Diana also enjoyed cartoons.
Msleiman, who is that beautiful photo on your avatar?
Old 09-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Princess Diana Visiting a Barnardos Children's Home 11/08/1984
Princess Diana Attending a Charity Event 11/13/1984

From corbis, royalty monthy
Old 09-09-2006, 08:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinika
Msleiman, who is that beautiful photo on your avatar?

That's Queen Alexandra.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Closed Thread

Tags
bridesmaid, dance, diana princess of wales, pregnancy, princess diana, princess diana lady spencer, style