Diana and James Hewitt

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not a Diana fan, but such a creep no woman and surely her kids don't deserve! he really is icky pooh

Poor Prince Henry. He looks like his grandfather Prince Philip and his father, Prince Charles.

James Hewitt when he dated Diana, Princess of Wales probably reminded Diana of her own father in appearance. Very similar in looks.

Last edited:
georgiea said:
Poor Prince Henry. He looks like his grandfather Prince Philip and his father, Prince Charles.

James Hewitt when he dated Diana, Princess of Wales probably reminded Diana of her own father in appearance. Very similar in looks.

I agree. Just look at Prince Harry's eyes/eyebrows, exactly like Prince Charles and Prince Phillip.

I agree. Just look at Prince Harry's eyes/eyebrows, exactly like Prince Charles and Prince Phillip.

If Harry had any other hair color, no one would have said a word. But because he's a red head, like Hewitt, they have to put up with crap like this.

I'm not a Diana fan, but such a creep no woman and surely her kids don't deserve! he really is icky pooh

Exactly.
Hewitt has no personal honor at all; in fact, that man lacks basic decency!
To drag up all that right now is disgusting!

(But of course, right now is probably the only time he can hope to make a few pounds by rehashing the muck).

Harry is Charles' son because Charles has always accepted him as such, has provided support for him, has acted as a father to him -- and has publicly acknowledged Harry as his son. Facial configuration changes over time. One can start out looking like Aunt Louise and end looking like Uncle Arthur. If one wants to look at photographs, look at some photos of Prince Charles in the early 80s. He has the same brow line and eye configuration as Harry does now. Look at a wide variety of photos of Hewitt. He does not look at all like Harry except in a few shots taken at specific angles. There have been many members of the Royal family with red hair from the Plantagenets on down--including the Tudors--and more recently since Queen Alexandra (who had red hair). The Spencer family has red-haired members. Finally, if you look at photographs of George VI as a very young boy, Harry looks almost identical to his great grandfather at the same age. This likeness is not strong now, but it was quite evident when Harry was very young.

Take a good look at Prince Harry's cousin and Diana's nephew, George McCorquodale, he and Harry could be brothers. The Spencer features are very strong in both young men. Although I can see glimpses of Charles and Phillip in Harry as well.

I personally thought growing up, that William never looked very much like his father, though he some of his phyisical traits. He always favored the Spencers to me, while Harry always seemed to look like Charles minus the coloring. I've seen this Hewitt fellow and he doesn't look anything like Harry in the eyes, IMO.

Meanwhile, here is how I feel about all of this speculation: Diana conducted an affair for whatever reasons (reportedly due to her loneliness and there being "3 in the marriage" blah blah based on the fact Charles was allegedly and firstly doing things with Camilla). I am not judging this situation as this is not the thread for that. This is merely a process to get to the real point about why people are speculating about Harry's paternity.

Some may think that this is improper and rude, but my feelings are as much as I love Diana, Princess of Wales she brought this situation and any future hurt and speculation about Harry's paternity to the fold. Charles played his part in all this mess, but ultimately Diana chose to fight back by going tit for tat and so I find it kind of funny that she claimed to be appalled that people would speculate anything against her "good name" when many people in Britain had already taken the blinders off of their eyes about her treatment of the monarch. She committed the crime and these are the consequences that benefit from her actions. And even if she is not here to defend herself against the matter, the simple fact that it has been proven that she used the press to spread her own agenda when it suited her and in a way it has backfired! Now Diana haters have all the information they feel they need, whether it lacks common sense or not, to believe that Harry is Hewitt's. And now to make matters worse people, and I believe this is a vast amount, who don't really care even believe that Harry is not Charles'.

Hewitt, is a twerp, but I will not call him a slime bag for simply cashing in on something he was apart of. He was a slimebag to start with and like many people in this world believe to quote my own dear father (rme): "money on the wood makes everything good". Diana cashed in her moments as well if not financially, emotionally. And I'm sorry if this is old school thinking, but I don't care how romantic it may have seemed to be the lover of a "rejected princess", but he already proved that he was not a gentleman by forgoing courtly love for a Princess who would be Queen and making it a carnal relationship. Had it would been an affair of the heart sans body, I would have a completely different opinion. IMO, neither Diana, Hewitt or Charles really thought about their actions and how it would effect the two princes children. And if they had it seems as if it were a passing thought.

Anyway, they are all human like we are and make mistakes. This is why as much as I love monarchies and the idea of royalty a part of me scoffs at the thought that any body should think themselves or that we should think royalty is so high and by authority of God that they are on a different level than us commoners when these people have done some of the nastiest things on human history. LOL. but I digress. As I said, that's a very small part of me. LOL. Still love'em.

Just saw this thread. Don't know if it is appropriate to start commenting but:

I think it matters greatly, if James Hewitt had an affair with Diana starting in 1981. It could mean that both Harry & William's paternity are in question.

As a Camilla supporter, I think that if indeed Diana had cheated on Charles since 1981 then a lot of people owe Camilla an apology.

If DNA confirms that Harry/William is not Charles' and it becomes public knowledge can Camilla sue the tabloids, magazines, writers and internet posters who smeared her name for all these years?

After all she has family that was also affected by the name calling and grandchildren who need to have their grandmother's good name restored.

It won't matter if Charles has claimed him as his son, if the media had knowledge that Diana was having an affair and then published books, magazines, etc smearing Camilla's name she can sue.

If DNA confirms that Harry/William is not Charles' and it becomes public knowledge can Camilla sue the tabloids, magazines, writers and internet posters who smeared her name for all these years?

I really don't believe that there is any reason in the world to do DNA testing to determine the paternity of either William or Harry. As the boys grew older, its been remarkably clear that Charles is definitely the father of both boys. In some pictures I've seen of Harry, I've had to do a double take as at first I could have sworn I was looking at Charles.

Camilla has always been very quiet and very discreet not only during the War of the Waleses, the divorce and her eventual marriage to Charles, I've never seen one bit of any indication that she feels any need to "set the story straight" or take any kind of stand on how she or her family has been maligned over the years. This is a lady with style and grace who supports her husband and best friend and definitely keeps what is private just that. Private.

In the unlikely event that a DNA test were to be performed and revealed that Harry is not Charles' biological child, I rather think that Camilla's priority would be to support and comfort her beloved husband and the young man he has raised, and loved, as his son, and that the very last thing she could contemplate doing is to commence legal proceedings of that sort.

Camilla can sue all she likes but it's going to look bad on her if she ever does. Charles finds out his sons aren't his and Camilla's first reaction is to go 'ha I told you so?'

We know Diana was the first to cheat. There's no need to drag the past to the present now.

Also a DNA test, whatever the outcome, will never become public knowledge or shouldn't in my eyes. You can see Charles and Philip and other ancestors in both boys. The only resemblance to Hewitt is in Henry and the fact he happens to have red hair.

What an awful thought. I think based on looks, it's incredibly apparent that both William and Harry are Charles' children and as others have said, Camilla is far too classy to get into a battle with the tabloids.

I didn't say she will sue only that she can. I know she will support Charles and his sons, even if they were not biologically his.

I'm just saying it might make a difference to Camilla & her family.

From pictures of Harry when he was a toddler I think he looked like a young Prince Phillip.

I was looking at pics of Harry only the other day and he has a striking resemblence to Charles, particularly around the eyes. It's the same with William but to a lesser extent.
Obviously if the scenario discussed above ever happened, it should alter people's views about Camilla, but probably more so about Diana! Nonetheless, Camilla would no doubt continue her "silence is golden" stance and quite right too!

I was unaware that 'we knew' Diana was the 'first to cheat'. It was my understanding Charles was already back with Camilla when she strayed.

LaRae

I didn't say she will sue only that she can. I know she will support Charles and his sons, even if they were not biologically his.

I'm just saying it might make a difference to Camilla & her family.

From pictures of Harry when he was a toddler I think he looked like a young Prince Phillip.

But why would it make a difference to Camilla, Laura and Tom? They've got on with their lives and dealt with the past. New information would just bring back the past.

I was unaware that 'we knew' Diana was the 'first to cheat'. It was my understanding Charles was already back with Camilla when she strayed.

LaRae

It was always my understanding Charles went back to Camilla in whatever capacity, after Diana cheated.

Charles said he (physically) went back to Camilla after his marriage had broken down ....Diana said at the time of Harry's birth or shortly thereafter it was the end of their marriage.

So what info am I missing that indicates Diana was carrying on before Charles was?

LaRae

Not only in appearance,they are also very similiar in character as far as I can tell from what I have heard & read about them. (I haven´t seen many pics of Diana´s father but it would not surprise me if he looked like him because women often chose a father-figure just like men like to find a woman who is similiar to their beloved mother.)

Prince Philip loved to do public service and wear the uniform to help the country,he is a hands-on man and has a very wicked sense of humour,he doesn´t take himself or his position too seriously and talks openly what he has on his mind-his gaffes are legendary and always make me smile.(Like Harry)

William reminds me more of Diana in looks and character-he is rather introverted and shy and needs some time to trust people and open up,but once he has accepted someone he is very loyal and cares for that special person.
Charles is more introverted but in his habit a little bit like his father as he doesn´t like the press and speaks his mind even if it gets him in trouble.

Diana was rather extroverted and loved to communicate with other people, especially children and people who were having difficulties just like her because she was very empathic and felt the pain of others as she had experienced them herself.At first she was very unsure of herself,her looks and her many talents-that´s why the press dubbed her "Shy Di" when she married,but she later developed self-respect and confidence with her role as mother and humanitarian and was able to talk better in the public and her fashion evolution clearly shows how she gradually eveolved and felt more comfortable in her own skin & live up to the expectations that were set in her and her position.

Both Harry and William had difficulties when they grew up to find their own voice and get comfortable in their unique position and rise to the expectations that were set in them.

I don´t think that Harry is the child of that silly,disloyal,untrustworthy man and I hope he (Hewitt) will decide to fade into the oblivion & refrain from publishing more stuff and be happy with the millions of pounds he has ripped off by selling his affair to Diana.

Last edited:
Charles said he (physically) went back to Camilla after his marriage had broken down ....Diana said at the time of Harry's birth or shortly thereafter it was the end of their marriage.

So what info am I missing that indicates Diana was carrying on before Charles was?

LaRae

I don't think there is anything to be achieved now, all these years later, by trying to pinpoint exactly which of them was the first to climb into bed with someone else. It doesn't matter anymore, and, in my opinion, never really did. I don't think either of them strayed until after they'd given up all hope for the marriage, and, whichever it was, I don't blame them. I don't believe people should be stuck in loveless marriages with people with whom they have nothing in common.

Those two should never have married, and it must have been extremely difficult for both of them. I only wish that Diana had had the opportunity to find the sort of loving relationship that Charles now has. Sadly, that wasn't to be.

I wouldn't be trying to pinpoint anything except someone raised the issue back on the previous page. So perhaps you should direct your comments to them?

LaRae

I don't see what Camilla would sue about. She was not libeled. She was dogged out by the press and the general public. So Diana may have cheated first. You still have 3 married people - 4 if you count APB doing wrong. Neither William's or Harry's paternity has any bearing on this. As we have said on this forum many times this was a bad situation.

Last edited:
William & Harry was born between Charles & Diana. Diana didn't meet James until a while after Harry came along. Charles is the one that cheated first and that left Diana devastated. She too went on to find some comfort in her life because Charles was giving that comfort to Camilla.

I do think it was a shame that the Harry & James rumor started. Harry came about due to the love his parents had for each other at the time. As Royal Reporter, Victoria Arbiter has mentioned time and time again. There is a great deal of false stories about Charles & Diana's marriage out there and over the years the stories have taken a life of its own.

I don´t think that Harry is the child of that silly,disloyal,untrustworthy man and I hope he (Hewitt) will decide to fade into the oblivion & refrain from publishing more stuff and be happy with the millions of pounds he has ripped off by selling his affair to Diana.

Hewitt is the lowest of the low, imo.
What kind of person sells his love letters?

Hewitt is the lowest of the low, imo.
What kind of person sells his love letters?

Honestly? Probably someone who knows their career is ruined, knows they're worth a ton of money, and cares more about keeping a roof over their head than they do about adhering to a code of chivalry after a relationship ends.

I don't think what he did was great, but I also think a lot of people would do that in his situation.

Charles is the one that cheated first and that left Diana devastated.

Nobody knows who cheated first and unless they compared notes, that includes Charles and Diana.

Rehashing this doesn't solve (or resolve) anything and doesn't help anyone. Both cheated, does it really matter who cheated first? If one is going to make a value or a moral judgement, while it might make it understandable to seek comfort if one or the other had already cheated, it didn't make it "right".

Sorry to pick on your post Dman, your's just happened to be the most recent discussing a timeline, it's nothing personal.

I understand. I was saying how I understand it. It's a painful set of events and I'm glad that it's all over. Although I do wish Diana was still here with us.

It was the Parker Bowles names the was dragged through the mud.

If the media withheld information, while at the same time deliberately misleading the public, it wouldn't surprise me if Andrew's sister or his brother or his niece Emma sued and Andrew might also.

Andrew has sued.

Back
Top Bottom