Princess Caroline's two-week humanitarian field trip to Africa - 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fabulous to see how our dear Princess is able to manage herself and enjoy with both jet set and common people. Pictures show clearly that she feels very involved with Amade's aims. She really deserves an Hurra. Congratulations to everyone who works and colaborates with Amade and similar organisations.

Thanks on additional scans and articles, Tosca and tbhrc (BTW, nice avatars)!

Each photo shows Princess's dedication to accomplish AMADE's mission..Bravo Princess! And great training for Pierre!

LadyMichelle said:
I cannot belive in what I read on web site:
Jetstreaker - The magazine for the upperclass - and those on their way to serve them champagne. :ohmy:

THE REAL REASON BEHIND PRINCESS CAROLINE OF MONACO'S SA VISIT

"On the surface, it looked as if though the 50-year old princess was here to hug a few young children at the Khanyisa Educare Centre near Cape Town for an official and yet very sweet photo-op. But we think all the smiling and the hugging of the runny-nosed kids were just a ruse.
We don’t think she really came here to check out the centre in her capacity as president of Amade Mondiale (World Association of Children’s Friends), a non-profit child-advocacy non-governmental organisation founded in 1963 by her mother, the late Princess Grace. Sure, that’s what she told all the newspapers, but we don’t believe it for one second.
You see, we believe Princess Caroline came here to spy. Sure, she looks to be all sweet, but we think she just came here because she wanted to check out the savage country her possible future sister-in-law... And now suddenly, the Princess is here, practically on Charlene’s doorstep. (Okay, not quite.) But in a way it’s a good thing if Caroline is indeed spying. Because it’s unfair enough that Charlene may get to marry a prince and then not even have an interfering mother-in-law to deal with. So a snooping sister-in-law really won’t be that big a price to pay."

:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:
I'm without word. How a magazine can say this????????

I agree with you. Caroline is way too intelligent to "spy" on Charlene. She's rich and has all the resources to have other people "spy" on Charlene if she wanted to. Besides, she is very busy - how can she just spend two weeks spying under the guise of a humanitarian trip? This magazine clearly isn't a fan of Caro's, but I wish they would just leave their snide remarks to themselves. :bang: So, I guess Pierre is a "spy", too. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for all the posts - tbhrc, the avatars are lovely!:flowers:

Last edited:
You're all welcome. I just love all those pictures. They really show how much Caroline cares abour the things she says in her speeches.

Here is the complete scan from GENTE magazine - Link

Update:

Another Nice Matin article with two pics - Link

A french article with one pic - Link

Here is the complete scan from GENTE magazine - Link

I didn't scan the whole GENTE article, because I saw that some pics had already been posted, besides, most of our readers wouldn't have understood a word...:lol: The Italian speakers, on the contrary could easily have bought the mag...:lol:

Anyway the article reads that Pierre took a documentary on this trip of his mother's, but it doesn't say when and if it's going to be released.

A new press release from AMADE: Part 1:

Visit to the Heart of Africa
From 30 January to 13 February 2007, Her Royal Highness The Princess of Hanoverwent on a humanitarian journey to the children of the African continent.
The President of AMADE Mondiale took this occasion to observe in person the actionsof Her child-advocacy association in Niger, Burundi, the Democratic Republic of Congoand South Africa.

Having visited the Filipino children in October 2004 and being presented with the UNICEFChildren’s Champion Award in May 2006, The President of AMADE Mondiale just completed a tour
to the Heart of the African continent, a trip that H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover used asopportunity to witness the achievements of Her organisation and of the Principality of Monaco in these countries, as well as to study the needs of the African childhood.
On this occasion Her Royal Highness was accompanied by Her Son, Mr. Pierre Casiraghi; the Secretary General of AMADE Mondiale, Mr. Francis Kasasa; Mrs. Khadja Nin Ickx, an international artist; Mrs. Veronique Simian, private secretary of H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover,
and Mrs. Marie Laure de Decker, photographer.

First Stop: Niger

· On Wednesday 31st February, The Princess of Hanover went to the National Hospital of
Niamey to visit the ill children and to inaugurate - in the presence of Niger’s First Lady, Mrs.
Hadjia Fati Tandja - a dispensary dedicated to the Nigerien people suffering of the sickle cell
disease. Financed by AMADE Mondiale, and created under the initiative of the association
“Fight against the Sickle cell disease in Niger”, this structure will allow medicine supply at
low prices for those who suffer from this terrible blood disease, which affects more than 20%
of the Nigerien population.
· A visit to the Centre for children with family problems of Niamey followed that same
morning. Financed by “Monaco Aide et Présence”, this centre takes care of medical and
dietary expenses of orphans or abandoned children, while waiting to be placed with a foster
family.
· During the afternoon, the land recovery site of Karey-Gourou was visited. Financed by
Monaco’s International Cooperation Bureau, this project aims to reduce the effects of
desertification in this area of the country and to recover the abandoned lands.
· At the end of the day, Her Royal Highness exchanged Her impressions with the members of
the Nigerien government at a working session gathering the different Ministries involved in
the cooperation with Monaco. (The Education, Health, Environment and Family Ministers
as well as other Nigerien officials were present).
· On 1st February, She had the opportunity to engage with Mr. Mahamane Ousmane,
President of the National Assembly; Mr. Hama Amadou, Prime Minister, and Mr. Mamadou
Tandja, President of the Republic of Niger, regarding the future orientations of the
partnerships that link Niger and the Principality of Monaco. The morning ended with a visit
of the Consulate of Monaco.
· In the afternoon, the Prince Albert Maternal and Childhood Centre and the school complex
of Kiota, 120 km from Niamey, were visited. On this occasion, The Princess of Hanover met
the Sheikh Moussa Aboubacar Hassoumi.
· The following day in Agadez, The Princess of Hanover ended Her stay in Niger with a visit
to the Integrated Health Centre of Dagmanet, financed by “Monaco Aide et Présence”.
Lastly, in Goffat, She visited a school and the works of protection of the banks, financed by
Monaco’s International Cooperation Bureau.
· Before Her departure to Burundi, The Princess paid a courtesy visit to the Sultan of l’Aïr
Oumarou Ibrahim of Agadez.

Part 2:

Second Stop: Burundi

· On Saturday 2nd February, The Princess of Hanover visited the head office of AMADE
Burundi, as well as the Transit Centre for orphans and parentless children whose buildings
were purchased in 1997 with funds from AMADE Mondiale.
· The same morning, in the presence of the Burundian Minister to the Presidency in charge of the
fight against AIDS, Her Royal Highness laid the foundation stone of the Reference Centre for
the psychosocial rehabilitation of traumatized children, which is currently under
construction in Bujumbura, thanks to financial support by AMADE Mondiale.
· After these ceremonies, the children in care of AMADE Burundi enjoyed a privileged
moment with The Princess in telling Her their life story, and sharing their problems, their
joys and their hopes with Her.
· The President of AMADE Mondiale also had the opportunity to visit a support group that
cares for orphans, a partner of AMADE Burundi, and the humanitarian canteen for orphans
in the disadvantaged district of Kanyosha, south of Bujumbura.
· During the afternoon, the Prince Regent Charles Hospital and its paediatric, maternity and
internal medicine services were visited. The director of the hospital took the occasion to
outline the difficulties experienced by the poor population in accessing medical care.
· On Sunday 4th February, in Bururi (110 km from Bujumbura), The Princess was welcomed
by the Governor of the Province. This day was dedicated to the visit of the medico-social
Centre of Bururi, whose construction was entirely financed by AMADE Mondiale, and of
the Training Centre for Culinary Art, which trains young people wishing to become
professional chefs.
· The stay in Burundi ended with the visit of the Akamuri Centre, which takes care of
mentally disabled children referred by AMADE Burundi. These children benefit from
regular supervision and assistance from psychologists and social workers of AMADE
Burundi.

Part 3:

Third Stop: Democratic Republic of Congo

· In Lubumbashi, after greeting the new elected Governor of Katanga, Mr. Moïse Katumbi,
The Princess of Hanover visited the Sendwe Hospital, the second largest hospital in the
D.R.C. and whose paediatric section will benefit from AMADE Congo’s support.
· In the “City of Young Girls”, The Princess visited the new premises of the “Maternal
Tutorial” Section, which was completely furnished by AMADE Congo, all the pre-school
classes as well as the Kinsangala crèche, for which all the beds were furnished by this local
branch.
· On the afternoon of 6th February, The Princess visited the CRAA, a food processing research
centre founded by Professor Fierens and which also contributes to the development of food
suitable for mothers and children.
· Before concluding the day with a visit to the Museum of Lubumbashi, The Princess paid a
courtesy call to the city’s Mayor, Mr. Floribert Kaseba.
· The following day, Her Royal Highness travelled to Kapolowe (130 km from Lubumbashi) to
the Kaseluselu School, where the local authorities, children and teachers gave Her an
extremely warm welcome. After the singing, dancing and other performances, The Princess
made a stop at the new medical office for the area financed by AMADE Congo, then at the
Guest House “Paul Fierens”, which regularly accommodates final-year medical students as
well as young graduate medical doctors. The visit continued in Likasi at the Princess
Caroline Pre-School, inaugurated in 2001.
· The DRC itinerary ended in Mulandi with a visit (125 km from Lubumbashi) of two big
buildings of the new school comprising six class rooms entirely furnished and equipped
with educational material by AMADE Congo, as well as of a recently renovated health
centre.

Part 4 of the Press Release:

Fourth Stop: South Africa

· The day of Her arrival in Cape Town, Her Royal Highness visited the Consulate of Monaco.
· The following day, She attended a presentation by the Department of Social Development of
the Western Cape Province and the local NGO “Centre for Early Childhood Development”.
The presentation’s main purpose was to explain to Her Royal Highness the living conditions
of children in the townships where the Department and the CECD provide assistance in
terms of the bilateral cooperation agreement between the Province and Monaco, as well as to
inform Her of the progress in the construction of three ECD facilities financed by the
Principality of Monaco, for the benefit of South African children.
· Following this introduction, H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover visited one of the three ECD
facilities located in the Masiphumalele township.
· During the afternoon, the Princess visited Khayelitsha – another township of Cape Town – in
order to inaugurate the “Khanyisa Educare Centre”. The day ended with a courtesy call to
Mr. Ebrahim Rasool, Premier of the Western Cape Province.
· On Sunday 11th February, H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover left Cape Town for Johannesburg.
At the Johannesburg General Hospital, She met the children suffering from facial
malformations who had benefited of facial surgery, thanks to a project created by the local
NGO Star Smile Fund, which had been financially supported by AMADE Mondiale.
· That afternoon, accompanied by the Consul of Monaco and his wife, H.R.H. The Princess of
Hanover had a private meeting with the President of the Republic of South Africa, Mr.
Thabo Mbeki and his wife at the Presidential Residence in Pretoria.
· On 12 February, Her Royal Highness and Her delegation visited the Hospice Association of
the Witwatersrand, to whose projects AMADE Mondiale contributes financially.
· In Houghton, Her Royal Highness visited the paediatric palliative care professional training
centre and the pilot Paediatric Palliative Care Ward, through which this local NGO aims to
relief the suffering of chronically ill children, coming from underprivileged areas of
Johannesburg.
· In Soweto, She noted the progress in the construction of the new Diepkloof Hospice, to
which the Paediatric Palliative Care Ward will be transferred upon its opening in March
2007. Finally, She visited the “Mapetla Day Care Centre” where the association takes care of
the children of persons affected with VIH/AIDS. During this visit, The Princess
enthusiastically offered to serve lunch to the children.
· The evening before Her departure, Her Royal Highness participated in the Charity Gala
organized by AMADE Mondiale at the Saxon Hotel in Johannesburg. During the Charity
Gala a brooch, exclusively designed for AMADE Mondiale by Repossi Jewellers, was
auctioned for the sum of 1.1 million Rand, approximately 123, 000 Euros. The brooch
“AMADE”, designed by Alberto Repossi, which combines ancient Colombian emeralds,
rubies and diamonds married to grey and black gold, is inspired by the motifs and colours of
AMADE Mondiale’s logo. The funds collected on this occasion will be allocated to the
projects of AMADE Mondiale in Africa.
· The humanitarian trip to the African continent ended with the visit to the Nelson Mandela
Foundation, where, after a presentation of the Foundation’s and the Nelson Mandela
Children’s Fund’s activities to which AMADE Mondiale made a financial contribution in
2006, H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover met Mr. Nelson Mandela. On this memorable
occasion the President of AMADE Mondiale expressed Her complete admiration and Her
profound respect to Mr. Mandela by saying: « you are a living example of what a Human
Being should be ».

Busy schedule Princess had..Thanks for putting an overview here, tbhrc! :)

Thanks for more pictures of our favorite princess during her 2 weeks trip in Africa. By her actions you can really tell how she loves 'her children'.

Many thanks for sharing us with lovely pictures of Amade. I really love all outfits of Caroline during her trip. Simply class and well dressed with lovely jewels and watch.

I'm very very proud of Caroline :flowers:

Thanks again, tbhrc! Take care!

We cannot wait for the 24th March! Day - 11 !!!!

Africa pictures

You did it again, tbhrc! Your pictures of her humanitarian trip were exquisite. Vielen Dank.

Thank you, TBHRC !

Your pics of Princess Caroline's trip are wonderful. Thank you to share with us !:flowers: :flowers:

kittencrews said:
looks just like she did in the picture of her and rainier sitting at his desk when she was younger!!! lovely pics
She reminds me more of Princess Diana.:)

Thanks, tbhrc, for the wonderful pictures. Princess Caroline has a real missionary spirit, reflected in every detail of these pictures : facial expressions, peaceful detemination of her face and step, body language, spareness of clothing, cheerfulness of jewelry, simplicity of bearing... To me, this trip is the most inspiring enterprise she has ever done and I love her for it. She is the perfect embodiment of true mindfulness. I imagine if she wrote what she did, she would sound like Henri Nouwen, a catholic priest famous for his reflections.

Lafawnduh said:

In an interview, reported by "OGGI" mag, she stated she doesn't want to be compared to Diana. "I've got my own personality!" she said.

iloveroyals said:
Thanks, tbhrc, for the wonderful pictures. Princess Caroline has a real missionary spirit, reflected in every detail of these pictures : facial expressions, peaceful detemination of her face and step, body language, spareness of clothing, cheerfulness of jewelry, simplicity of bearing... To me, this trip is the most inspiring enterprise she has ever done and I love her for it. She is the perfect embodiment of true mindfulness. I imagine if she wrote what she did, she would sound like Henri Nouwen, a catholic priest famous for his reflections.

I agree with you! Totally!

iloveroyals said:

Wouldn't it be great if she did write a book about her involvement with Amade over the years? It would be so interesting to read.

Lafawnduh said:

It's impossible not to think of Princess Diana, but I see major differences. This is not to knock Princess Diana, because everything I have read about her, all the pictures, suggest that she was indeed a very compassionate person, truly dedicated to her charities. However, and this is not her fault since she was so young and beautiful, she always had that look of "Glamour Girl on a Mission", somewhat like Angelina Jolie. Of course, that's how the media liked to present her. Caroline is about 15 years older on this trip, she has raised 3 children to adulthood, and to me, how she is photographed and so on seems to be the farthest thing from her mind. For the first time, it struck me that she looks like a sister, a nun in civilian clothes. I like her bare legs on the poses with Mandela, because honestly her legs would look better covered, but she doesn't care. The picture with the young African mother is just incredible, (she looks like an angel watching over both the mother and child) as well as the black and white picture. It's hard to describe, it's just something in her eyes, a real maturity and detachment from material things, by which I mean, not just things you can buy, but people's opinions and ill deeds, even the passing of close ones, so that all that remains is a will to give of oneself. Maybe it comes from having endured not only a divorce, but the death of a mother, a husband and a father, the life threatening illness of Ernst, the gossip about Andrea, etc, etc, that gives her such depth of feeling. I wish now she could go one step further and clean her own house so to speak, and really mend fences with her own sister so the cousins would grow up together, especially Alexandra and Camille. Stephanie is a fragile, vulnerable woman, like those African women, even if it's in a different way, and Caroline could help her. But I guess that's for a (wo)man of the church to convince her of that, not a fan...

So beautiful words you have found to describe our favourite Princess. Thank you iloveroyals!

Here is another article with some pics of Caroline and Pierre we havn't seen before. Link

Thanks for the compliment, tbhrc !
Do you know what magazine the link you give comes from ?

Caroline has not been photographed smoking in all these pictures, or did I miss some ? I wonder if she had control over what pictures could be published, or if she just didn't feel the need...

I don't mean to belabor the point, but I wish there were pictures of Caroline holding her niece Camille as tenderly as she can hold children she doesn't know. It would be such a boost to the whole Stephanie family to know Caroline cares...

Thanks to both of you, iloveroyals and tbhrc! Such great description, such great pictures...

The last article is from Ciné Télé Revue, you can find all of those articles right here - Link

I wish there were pictures of Caroline holding her niece Camille as tenderly as she can hold children she doesn't know. It would be such a boost to the whole Stephanie family to know Caroline cares...

I had the same thought, Iloveroyals. In the places she visited there may have been plenty of kid born out of the wedlock...

However she may be a wonderful aunt to Camille in private, we just don't know. There exist plenty of pics of Stephanie with her niece and nephews. Andrea and Pierre appear to be particularly close to their "Tama". Instead there aren't many of Caroline with her nephew and nieces, and in those ones I saw she looked a bit "cold" to Stephanie's kids. It's not their fault if they were born of "wrong" fathers.

iloveroyals said:
Thanks for the compliment, tbhrc !
Do you know what magazine the link you give comes from ?

I don't mean to belabor the point, but I wish there were pictures of Caroline holding her niece Camille as tenderly as she can hold children she doesn't know. It would be such a boost to the whole Stephanie family to know Caroline cares...
I was thinking the same, i never saw any picture of Caroline with Camille, indeed i never see her with her nephews, except for the baptism pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom