Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
Some pictures from Officiel Magazine late 70s
More 2: pic1
I like this pic.She is so chic with mink and bow in hair

Old 02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
Aristocracy

In the pictures above by Queenof thelight,,Caroline looks like a brunette version of Grace!!

Old 02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherylal24 View Post
In the pictures above by Queenof thelight,,Caroline looks like a brunette version of Grace!!
I completely agree with you. She looked so much like Grace as a teen. I think the Norman Parkinson series shows that especially well; of course, it doesn't hurt that in that series her hair is styled just like her mother's in her twenties. Same amazing cheekbones, and very similar in their delicate, perfectly chiseled features.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:23 PM
Nobility

PARIS, October 1975, Grimaldi Family arriving to hear French Pop Singer Sylvie Vartan perform in Paris.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Rare pic of Caroline. But she looks gorgeous! The Grimaldi women are really lucky to have such great genes!
Old 03-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Nobility

Princess Caroline at a gala in 1975.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Never seen that pic of Caroline. She reminds me of some Hollywood actress there. I can't remember who, though.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:23 PM
Serene Highness

Natalie Wood!!
Old 06-07-2010, 10:45 PM
Nobility

Princess Caroline in the 80s <<<1

Princess Caroline in 1979 <<<2

I post the same pictures in The fashion spot forum , so please don't copy to other forums.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-08-2010, 02:50 AM
Nobility

Wink

I think Caroline should have been a model in the late 70s early 80s she was so beautiful even more so that Charlotte and I have just come to that decision, but I dont know why
Old 06-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrann View Post
I think Caroline should have been a model in the late 70s early 80s she was so beautiful even more so that Charlotte and I have just come to that decision, but I dont know why
I agree with you, she was absolutely stunning. Charlotte is gorgeous too but, unlike her, Caroline seemed to have almost no bad angles whatsoever. Also, and I'm sure this comes from growing up directly in the spotlight, Caroline is more relaxed and, consequently, more expressive, in front of the camera.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love those last pics, specially the first one! (wich i've never seen) thanks so much for posting them. She looks stunning!
Old 06-09-2010, 12:43 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by selket View Post
I agree with you, she was absolutely stunning. Charlotte is gorgeous too but, unlike her, Caroline seemed to have almost no bad angles whatsoever. Also, and I'm sure this comes from growing up directly in the spotlight, Caroline is more relaxed and, consequently, more expressive, in front of the camera.
Thanx for your comments Selket, I totally agree with you about how she is more relaxed etc around the camera - you have hit the nail on the head IMO
Old 06-14-2010, 07:41 PM
Courtier

I just type princess caroline for first time in corbis and the most beautiful pictures comes up. ive just follow her from lately but wow she was a stunner lol.

Stock Images – Corbis
Old 07-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Courtier

I couldn't really think of many other places to put this (but if there is a thread where this is more correct, feel free to move it) but I'm reading a probably little known book called "Hard Tails" by Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé and I came across a little passage (on page 46, if anyone cares to read it themselves ) about Juan Rivera (better known as Juanito Xtravaganza) and Keith Haring (the pop and graffiti artist who designed the "radiant baby") inviting Caroline over for dinner one night and serving her burnt arroz y habichuelas con pollo (rice and beans with chicken). Here it is:
Quote:
Juan Rivera: And here I am taking a shower and feeling flawless, ‘cause everything is turning out just great, when I star smelling…burned rice! … And there I was en la cocina tó mojao, (all wet in the kitchen) ‘cause I’d rushed outta the bathroom, no shirt, no shoes on, being introduced to the Princess of Monaco, and feeling like the only pendejo… (Spanish speakers will know what that means )
Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé: Ha! Ha!.., And did they eat your food?
Juan Rivera: Yeah! And loved it! Princess Caroline ate the rice and beans…with Cristal! And she thought it was flawless!
I just thought it was interesting enough to mention. Caroline was apparently good friends with Keith. The mural on the wall of the Princess Grace Maternity Hospital ("The Monte Carlo Mural" I believe it's called) was commissioned by Caroline in 1989 and in the same year he was made a Knight of the Order of Cultural Merit by Caroline. I believe she even wrote a small piece for his authorised biography by John Gruen, though I'd have to check. Anyway, for interest's sake. I've attached I a few photos of Caroline with Keith at the mural's unveiling in 1989 (there's an extra one that I can't recall the date of).
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4
Old 07-21-2010, 01:36 AM
Courtier

Lol, one only need to ask my family, friends, acquaintances, et al, to know how much Princess Caroline and her fashion sense have influenced me since my 20's, though Caroline is older than me. :)

To this day, I always think "what would Princess Caroline do or wear?" when it comes to getting dressed.

I hold her above else when it comes to dressing beautifully, appropriately, modestly, and splendidly!

Like I've always said, Princess Caroline is pure class. No other royal families, be it princely or royally, can touch her. In my humble opinion, of course.

She's a princess, a Queen, through & through ~ cultured, educated, speaks fluently at least 3 different languages, athletic, beautiful, aristocratic, impeccable pedigree, a lady ~ someone to be admired and emulated. :)
Old 07-21-2010, 06:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thecia View Post
I couldn't really think of many other places to put this (but if there is a thread where this is more correct, feel free to move it) but I'm reading a probably little known book called "Hard Tails" by Arnaldo Cruz-Malavé and I came across a little passage (on page 46, if anyone cares to read it themselves ) about Juan Rivera (better known as Juanito Xtravaganza) and Keith Haring (the pop and graffiti artist who designed the "radiant baby") inviting Caroline over for dinner one night and serving her burnt arroz y habichuelas con pollo (rice and beans with chicken). Here it is:
I just thought it was interesting enough to mention. Caroline was apparently good friends with Keith. The mural on the wall of the Princess Grace Maternity Hospital ("The Monte Carlo Mural" I believe it's called) was commissioned by Caroline in 1989 and in the same year he was made a Knight of the Order of Cultural Merit by Caroline. I believe she even wrote a small piece for his authorised biography by John Gruen, though I'd have to check. Anyway, for interest's sake. I've attached I a few photos of Caroline with Keith at the mural's unveiling in 1989 (there's an extra one that I can't recall the date of).
Pic 1 - Pic 2 - Pic 3 - Pic 4
What a great anecdote! Thank you!
Old 07-22-2010, 01:33 AM
Gentry

I doubt about the year as in 1989 pc had her hair long .the photos are older
Old 07-22-2010, 02:08 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICALAP View Post
As the mural was created in 1989, there's no possibility that the photos are older. Newer, maybe, but definitely not older.
Old 07-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by DICALAP View Post

She cut her hair over the shoulders (carre), at the end of the year.
You can see the pictures from the National Day, the last time Stefano appeared in the balcony.

Look at the picture of December 1989

http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...rlotte_3_jaar/

Tags
70s, 80s, caroline, hanover, monaco, pictures, princess