Princess Caroline & Family - Summer Vacation 2008 - 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope alopecia doesn't run in the family, reaction to stress and so on. What stress could Andrea possibly experience in his life? Agonizing over which vacation destination to select this time?
If he chose to do this, well, my opinion is he looks like a thug.

Once I read somewhere that also Princess Grace had problems with her hair and she often used hairpieces.

New pics of Andrea, Tatiana and Alex near Porto Rotondo, Sardinia, Italy, taken yesterday, August 7 -
be prepared for a surprising new "hairstyle":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Mummy, help! The Boogeyman is here... :scream: :scream: :scream:
What's with this family? Are they competing to see who loks worse? P. Caroline with her scary dress at the Croix Rouge Ball, and know Andrea with this haircut?!?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

be prepared for a surprising new "hairstyle":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Oh my goodness :ohmy: this is a greater is a much greater shock than Caroline's outfit for the Red Cross Ball.
Just looking at the pics again - he is a dead ringer for |Michael Stipe & Michael is now in his fifties!

Last edited:
Is it possible that he is in the reserves? Every summer his hair gets really short and then he grows it out.

It's...horrible. LOL.
Well, thanks God his hair grows quickly. But he looks so bad with this "hair" style.

Is it possible that he is in the reserves? Every summer his hair gets really short and then he grows it out.

But he could get a buzz cut then. I live by a military base and I don't see anybody choosing to go bald. But, well, it's Andrea, I guess he's used to following the mood of the moment. I do hope alopecia doesn't run into the family though, this was supposed to be a joke, but now Tosca mentions Princess Grace had hair problems too.

I know co-workers who are in the reserves. They get their head shaved right before they go in and they don't have to get their hair cut again until they are back home. It's one less thing they have to worry about while on duty.

I know co-workers who are in the reserves. They get their head shaved right before they go in and they don't have to get their hair cut again until they are back home. It's one less thing they have to worry about while on duty.

This could be a possiblity: is there any reserve in Monaco? I don't know what are the laws about army/reserves in Monaco. Do young man from Monaco have to serve their country? In France, it's not the case anymore, so I doubt that Andrea could be in the french reserves. But it's a good idea, is there a monegasque in the forum to give us his/her mind?
Or maybe is it just a summer haircut... But it's very disturbing, I didn't expect that kind of haircut for him!! Didn't Pierre adopt this "haircut" a few years ago?

Hail style??? :eek:
He looks like he's going to join the army :lol:

Maybe he has decided to give it all up and enter a buddhist monastary. Next stop, Thailand LOL.

Last edited:
azure - When I use the word "sensational", I include many things in this one word, e.g. looks, good behaviour, and many other things.

But it's the "intangible" words and phrases that are hard to capture.
For instance, when I think of Caroline, I think of terms like "savoir-vivre" (literally: to know how to live).

Not easily translated (like so many French loanwords), these types of words have a "portmanteau" quality, i.e. they have several meanings !

It's a wonder his Mum recognises him with his new "coiffure"..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no words for Andrea's new hairstyle. Just: :ROFLMAO: At least, he and Tatiana seem to be having fun together. It feels like I haven't seen them this loose and comfortable with each other in a while.

This could be a possiblity: is there any reserve in Monaco? I don't know what are the laws about army/reserves in Monaco. Do young man from Monaco have to serve their country? In France, it's not the case anymore, so I doubt that Andrea could be in the french reserves. But it's a good idea, is there a monegasque in the forum to give us his/her mind?
Or maybe is it just a summer haircut... But it's very disturbing, I didn't expect that kind of haircut for him!! Didn't Pierre adopt this "haircut" a few years ago?

Yes he did in 2008. By then, it was said that Pierre had joined the french military and there are even pictures of him in uniform. But even Pierre, with his « army haircut » looked better than Andrea does. Pieere looked like the healthy 21 year old young man he was, Andrea has an aged, sickly look with that devilsh hair cut. Even P. Caroline looked healthier and sexy with no hair. But not Andrea, oh no...
charlottemaripomeline.web-log.nl: Andrea & Pierre 2007-2008

azure - When I use the word "sensational", I include many things in this one word, e.g. looks, good behaviour, and many other things.

For instance, when I think of Caroline, I think of terms like "savoir-vivre" (literally: to know how to live).

Not easily translated (like so many French loanwords), these types of words have a "portmanteau" quality, i.e. they have several meanings !

Interesting. Are you sure you didn't mean "joie de vivre"? I didn't know there was anothing meaning to savoir-vivre. In France, it is always used to mean knowing the rules of etiquette and politeness, having good-breeding. (Elle a du savoir-vivre). I checked my Robert dictionary and it is listed, as a "vieux mot", old word ("never used or understood as such in modern language, archaic") as "the art of knowing how to manage one's life". Certainly, (with reservations due to some of her choices for matrimony), both old meaning and new meaning fit. I tried to think of what term or expression, when I think of Caroline, come to me spontaneously. So far, nothing, I guess there is too much ambivalence. But that would be a good summer game...

He doesn't look that bad. At first, i was like "What the h...?!" but now that i've seen closer pics, i think he pulls it off quite good.
Of course he looks ten times better with hair, but he doesn't look horrible like this as i first thought:

Andrea and Tatiana
Andrea

We need to see him with clothes on, that pareo doesn't help him either.

Oh, when i use the word sensational i include one meaning.. Sth like impressive. Τhis was our misunderstanding!;)

*Τhanks god that hair grows and this is not sth stable.. I prefer him in something demi.. like this:
http://i54.tinypic.com/2aje6gl.jpg
http://i55.tinypic.com/2uyopph.jpg

Last edited:
I love the picture of Alex - she is quite the young lady now

Pics of Princess Caroline and Princess Alexandra on July 28 near Capri:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **
I would like to see the interior of Pacha. The interior decoration is due to Caro's good friend architect Jacques Grange. he also decorated her house in Monaco, Clos St-Pierre. I 've read that Pacha is a floating palace.

I would like to see the interior of Pacha. The interior decoration is due to Caro's good friend architect Jacques Grange. he also decorated her house in Monaco, Clos St-Pierre. I 've read that Pacha is a floating palace.

Seeing these photographs, it dawned upon me how totally inappropriate and voyeuristic it is to photograph these people in their private surroundings and send the pictures into the world.

I don't think that it's interiour is palacelike. I've read that Jacques Grange was inspired by the boat of Captain Haddock, a famous character in the comic "tintin" by the belgian writer/illustrator Hergé. Caroline was enthusiastic about the idea and gave her OK.
At least the green curtains are identical with the decoration of Captain Haddocks boat.
So I guess it's not a swimming palace, probably more a cozy and colourful place to have fun in the sun.

I don't think that it's interiour is palacelike. I've read that Jacques Grange was inspired by the boat of Captain Haddock, a famous character in the comic "tintin" by the belgian writer/illustrator Hergé. Caroline was enthusiastic about the idea and gave her OK.
At least the green curtains are identical with the decoration of Captain Haddocks boat.
So I guess it's not a swimming palace, probably more a cozy and colourful place to have fun in the sun.
When I said floating palace, I didn't mean "palace", but of course a comfortable and classy place like Caroline's character, a yacht very different from the other ones, and very special

Seeing these photographs, it dawned upon me how totally inappropriate and voyeuristic it is to photograph these people in their private surroundings and send the pictures into the world.
You 're just right, Pruts

Last edited by a moderator:
When I said floating palace, I didn't mean "palace", but of course a comfortable and classy place like Caroline's character, a yacht very different from the other ones, and very special

You 're just right, Pruts

When you write "palace", you actually don't mean "palace"?
You want to have a look inside of that boat but on the other hand you do respect peoples privacy? Strange.

Last edited:
pruts - I saw your point about voyeurism, but "the system" has been running for many years. At the beginning of their holiday, they give plenty of photo opportunities, including waving etc.
Then the feeding frenzy abates.....

I know summer hols fly by, but this year Caroline's seems particularly so - is it just that we haven't had so many reported sightings?

Maybe is it because of PA's wedding with Charlène? It's a young married couple, with many sulfurous stories about it, in France they have been on quite every covers for the beginning of the summer. And people are waiting for a birth, which makes Albert and Charlene even more interesting! This could explain this lack of pics of Caroline during her holidays, because I'm sure that she's on Pacha III with her family around her, as usual. And even if she wanted to hide, this year, we know perfectly that paparazzis would have found her and took a lot of pictures.

How right you are, pruts. When I saw the pictures of Caroline alone at her (I presume) breakfast table, her head down, then rubbing her head, I thought, that's how tabloids exploit these pictures:"Caroline on a verge of a nervous breakdown!", "Caroline nursing a hangover!" "Caroline in a deep depression!", and so on. When she is probably just having trouble waking up, as happens to many of us, or has a morning headache, usually associated with congested sinuses due to an air conditioner, or what not. No, this is the private Caroline who has not pulled and put herself together yet, and those moments should belong to her exclusively.

Back
Top Bottom