Andrea, Pierre, Charlotte and Friends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Answering fandesacs2003's latest question: Well, i think someone who - despite the wealth, the fortune and all the famous circles and his papa/mama's in high position friends - wants to prove that he is capable of doing something Alone, without help. Someone who wants to know how powerful and indepenent he is in order to form his character and of course someone who doesn't want to pretend he's another person. But you have to have guts to do it !

Trepstrep mentioned that Charlotte maybe is pretending to be someone else. I agree. And this thought came to my mind when i read the Vogue interview, which i found all pretendious. When you pretend, it means that you don't feel nice with yourself, you don't feel self-confident and you already recognize that you don't like the way you show yourself. That's pretty bad. Well, if that's a real thing that's happening to her, and of course if she knows it, it's in her hand to change it! Because for me, she always chooses the easiest way.

. And the question is : Who would reject using these arms which could make life sooo easier?

Right. It must be really tempting. Still, she is still only 25, and was even younger when she started changing her way of life, just 20 or 21. I think it would be foolish not to use her fantastic conections, but maybe she could have used them in a wiser way.?
Like, you think you want to be a journalist? Right. But first you finish your studies, and then you use the family phone book to get a good internship (we all use our family's phone books even if they are far more modests than hers). And when at your internship you start by covering low profile news for a while, maybe one year, just to learn who a real newaspaper works,and then, since you are friends with the big boss and you can have that wonderful chance, you sign your very first big piece.

You want to be a rider? Of course you can have the best teachers and buy wonderful horses, why won't you? But you do local competitions for a while, and wait till you have a semi-professional level, before talking to the press about going to the Olympics.

I don't think she does wrong in using all those arms or conections or whatever (I'm sure Felix and Valentine use them too, and you and me would, and well, everybody does on a certain level, let's face it!), but I thinkthat she could have used them in a wiser, more sensible, less glittering and less artificial way.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, the old adage is true.. You are who your friends are.

I don't know much about the DeLalls, but I think things probably started to change when she jumped into a new relationship. Suddenly she was dating a young man who is surrounded by underage models and entertainment/nightlife types. Charlotte is gorgeous but she we all know even the most beautiful women can be insecure. Then came the frighteningly skinny look... Perhaps an influence of the new social scene she was in? I live in Palm Beach but read that Alex hosted a party at a South Beach club once... You're talking about a completely different guy from Felix. I'm not going to keep drilling on this board that I'm shocked that Charlotte surrounds herself with the sleaziest people.. But she does. And I think it is a result of dating Alex.

^^ Charlotte is in the same circles she's always been in, or she was bound to be in once she grew up, Delalls are part of it too, but so is Felix to an extent and especially his sister who's part of NY trendy scene.

I'm not going to keep drilling on this board that I'm shocked that Charlotte surrounds herself with the sleaziest people.. But she does. And I think it is a result of dating Alex.

I don'tknow Eugenie, Margheritta, etc were there before Alex I can't help but liking him.
He looks very supportive and if the first years of their relationship it looked as if Charlotte had given up her life and was in London living her boyfriend's life, now he is always with her in paris andd monaco. With her family, attenting boring horse competitions, boring fashion parties...

^^ Charlotte is in the same circles she's always been in, or she was bound to be in once she grew up, Delalls are part of it too, but so is Felix to an extent and especially his sister who's part of NY trendy scene.

Ah yes, Cecile. She is certainly a part of that crowd. Some of the pics I have seen of her are less than flattering, that's how I'll put it.

TrepStep, I too enjoy our debates. It would probably get boring if we all agreed. It's also interesting to talk to people from different countries.

Anyway, I love disagreing with you, you're always so nice and polite!:flowers:

You exactly say what I'm thinking about FanofMonaco, Trepstep. FanofMonaco you're always very polite, and even if I don't like when we don't agree about a subject, I know that your answers will be very respectful. Even a bit too optimistic for me :lol: but also very interesting, too. You know a lot of things about Monaco and Grimaldis, I'm very impressed. I learn a lot while reading your posts!
I have to recognize that yes, you're right... I may be a bit pessimistic, sometimes... ;) I don't know why, but it's only with Charlotte. On other threads, I'm always optimistic! I think that's because there is something which is a bit fake about her. Her image seems false, built by medias (and maybe by Monaco) to sell more, this is what I don't like.
However, I'm happy to debate with you, and even if sometimes I go to far into pessimism (and I know that I can do it!) be sure that I'll always respect you for your nice and polite attitude, and that I like debating with you. :flowers:

I don'tknow Eugenie, Margheritta, etc were there before Alex I can't help but liking him.
He looks very supportive and if the first years of their relationship it looked as if Charlotte had given up her life and was in London living her boyfriend's life, now he is always with her in paris andd monaco. With her family, attenting boring horse competitions, boring fashion parties...

I'm not really referring to Eugenie or Margherita. She was certainly going to grow up with a close association to the fashion industry because of her mother and also because of her need for beautiful, stylish clothing for all of the events she attends. But within that world there are a lot of sleazy people and theres no denying that. The DeLalls just look vulgar to me, and they seem like club rats. Before Alex, Charlotte seemed so above that. She appeared very preppy and wholesome. But then.. I don't know, there was just a change in her demeanor. She dyed her hair black and lost a horrifying amount of weight.. to me she appeared somewhat 'jaded' and even insecure.

Off topic posts have been removed. Thanks for your understanding!

I don't know much about the DeLalls, but I think things probably started to change when she jumped into a new relationship. Suddenly she was dating a young man who is surrounded by underage models and entertainment/nightlife types. Charlotte is gorgeous but she we all know even the most beautiful women can be insecure. Then came the frighteningly skinny look... Perhaps an influence of the new social scene she was in? I live in Palm Beach but read that Alex hosted a party at a South Beach club once... You're talking about a completely different guy from Felix. I'm not going to keep drilling on this board that I'm shocked that Charlotte surrounds herself with the sleaziest people.. But she does. And I think it is a result of dating Alex.

I second your words:previous:

But this shows that she's propably a non strong character.

NGalitzine said:
I doubt if too many people outside of these boards know or care that she is a cousin of the Prince of Monaco.

She is his niece, not cousin .....

I fully agree with ALL what you said. Deeply thinking, I think for most of us in TRF, Alex is not really suitable for Charlotte... WE do not like him, we thought she would have much better. May be because of his face (sooo different than the childish and innocent kind Felix), may be because if his crazy sister...we all expect better for her. And if even 10% of her "press profile" is true, she worth better than this guy.
But, if they are well together 4 y now, he might be not soo bad.
I think that somewhere secretely, we all expected Charlotte to find a nice, serious and healthy guy, ... like her mother did in her age....

Last edited:
I fully agree with ALL what you said. Deeply thinking, I think for most of us in TRF, Alex is not really suitable for Charlotte... WE do not like him, we thought she would have much better. May be because of his face (sooo different than the childish and innocent kind Felix), may be because if his crazy sister...we all expect better for her. And if even 10% of her "press profile" is true, she worth better than this guy.
But, if they are well together 4 y now, he might be not soo bad.
I think that somewhere secretely, we all expected Charlotte to find a nice, serious and healthy guy, ... like her mother did in her age....

Beg to desagree. . Felix looked dull and boring. I like Alex. And I certainly don't think that Charlotte deserves better than him? Why? Why is she better than him?
I really don't get why some people think that he (the nice guy who supports her, is always travelling with her, attending her parties and her horse events, the guy who loves art and owns an avant garde gallery where he supports young artists) is trash, while her, the snobbish girl who nevers goes out of her extraordinarely close circle, who is totally out of touch with reality and goes parading around telling the wolrd how clever, and hardworker and good rider she is is a nice girl.
Really, we're talking about the same girl? The girl who put TWO Seneca books into her bag when meeting a journalist, to be able to flash them at her at the table?

Beg to desagree. . Felix looked dull and boring. I like Alex. And I certainly don't think that Charlotte deserves better than him? Why? Why is she better than him?
I really don't get why some people think that he (the nice guy who supports her, is always travelling with her, attending her parties and her horse events, the guy who loves art and owns an avant garde gallery where he supports young artists) is trash, while her, the snobbish girl who nevers goes out of her extraordinarely close circle, who is totally out of touch with reality and goes parading around telling the wolrd how clever, and hardworker and good rider she is is a nice girl.
Really, we're talking about the same girl? The girl who put TWO Seneca books into her bag when meeting a journalist, to be able to flash them at her at the table?

Of course you can disagree, without begging. This is my opinion, and I think some of other member's also. Of course we might be wrong for him, he might be an angel.
You say that he supports her, travels with her, etc etc. It might be the behavior of a good and loving companion, or the attraction for him to be in the limelights with a Monaco Royal!!! It is true that for a busy man he has a lot of time to spend!
Alex, might be very rich, but he is a "nouveau riche" and I think that out of England (and maybe Brazil), NOBODY knew him. He NEVER had the occasion to be as a priviledged guest in a princely wedding, not to the honour tribune of a high class horse race. The best he could touch BEFORE Charlotte, was the Model's world and the new rich world. Alex improved her social life with her, but her I'm not so sure. Charlotte is the granddaughter of a myth, and the daughter of the most famous and photographed woman of the second half of the century, after PCs Diana. She is the niece of a ruling Prince (even of a small State), and in top of that she is pretty. Everyone who closely approaches her socially, becomes very famous, this is very attractive.
As for Charlotte! We never saw something fundamentally bad on her, did'nt we? She might not be so highly intellectual as press tries to show, but, why it is completely false? She was a good student, she had her baccalaureat with good points and she arrived to a good point at Sorbonne. It is not the top of the top, but it is better that the French average!
Out of this we blame her for her entourage, but this is the rich people's world. What would we expect from her? Going out with workers? She is with people who can afford her way of life. But, she is classy, always correct, well dressed, well behavioring. She has never been cought on pictures drank, or drugged, or half naked, or in indecent position with a boy friend! (Look at Paris Hilton, or even Pc Harry... and you undersand what I mean). All her crime is to have/pretend having Seneque into her bag, I think it is exagerate.
Maybe she wont make achievements from her life, but because she has money, and she tries many thinks. She touches to the horses, race promotion, journalist. They are healthy occupations, you can call them hobbies! Even if she succeeds 10% to each one, she is free to do it. You can love running, and never win the Olympic Games.
Thousand of people in this world, wish to have some finacial possibility to give time to their hobbies, Charlotte does it, normal. And we shout around, like if she was stealing, or
And Yes she makes money from her fame, but she is not the first and she wont be the last! Many many rich and famous people, become richer from publicity, because their fame and beauty sells. It might be immoral, but it is like this, and Charlotte is not the only responsible for this.
Just some thoughts, because I feel some animosity lately into this thread, about the same topic.

Last edited by a moderator:

Please note that this thread has been cleaned up.

Posts discussing Charlotte's university education have been moved to the "Caroline & The Casiraghi's - University Life"-thread, general posts about her lifestyle have been moved to the "General Questions and Information about the Casiraghi Trio"-thread. This is a thread about the Casiraghi sibblings and their relationship with their friends as well
as their joint events.

Please try to stay on topic of the particular threads instead of mixing up several topics!

Besides that - as controversial as some topics may be, please stay respectful towards each other and towards those
you are discussing!

Thanks!

Andrea has accompanied Tatiana to the memorial for her grandfather Julio Mario Santo Domingo at
Manhattan's Upper East Side in New York City, USA, 10 October 2011. The mortal remains of the
88-year-old magnate will be buried the upcoming October 11th at the historical El Bronx cementery.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

These kind of events don't need to be covered by paparazzis. That's a bit disgusting, they don't respect anything... I feel really sorry for Tatiana and her family.

These kind of events don't need to be covered by paparazzis. That's a bit disgusting, they don't respect anything... I feel really sorry for Tatiana and her family.
Yes, i agree. Imagine the anger she and her family must feel at the moment.
My condolences to the family.

That's tough. Losing both your father and your grandfather within a couple years. I agree about the paparazzi. They should be left alone.

Your last sentence says it all. I have heard and read some unpleasant rumors about Alex Dellal, but there must be something about him or why is Charlotte with him? :sad:

I agree, even if they are just walking out of where the service was being held.

In pic 2 of IceFlower's post- is that Caroline walking behind them? Or could that be Tatiana's mom?

Hello everybody, I have found this article about Mario Testino. I'm a tired and I can't focus on what is said so I have difficulties to understand what is writtent but I think that there was an inauguration in Berlin with Alex Dellal and Charlotte, described as wearing a Stella Mc Cartney dress and Miu Miu shoes. I'm not sure: was it a party, an inauration, was it yesterday evening, I don't know. I let you read the article! Unfortunately, no pics of Charlotte.

:previous:

No, nothing happened in Berlin, Mario Testino has plans for some apartments in Berlin and Alex
Dellal talked about that yesterday evening. He did so at an event in London, he attended with
Charlotte and his family.

It's been the Private View for Hostage, a show of new work from British sculptor Alex Hoda at
Alexander Dellal 20 Projects, Frieze Show, London. Here are some pics but not best quality as
to the watermarks:

** gallery **

:previous:

It says that Testino is opening an exclusive block of apartments that are going to be designed and directed Testino in Berlin. Alex Dellal helped him set it up. At the opening, Andrea Dellal, Alice Dellal, and Charlote Dellal, along with Charlotte Casiraghi who wore Stella McCartney and Mui Mui shoes.

^ Thank you for the info, and thank you for the pics! I think that I'm going to go to bed early tonight: I need a good night of sleeping because it seems that I didn't understand anything of the article I posted below! :wacko:

Edit: an other article about the opening . There is a gallery of 4 pics (only one of them shows Charlotte). The article opens with the shortest interview of Charlotte in history: a sentence in which she says that her shoes are pretty cute but that she has difficulties to walk with.

Last edited:
Very deep speech indeed, beautiful but uncomfortable shoes. :D

Back
Top Bottom