William and Kate: engagement and relationship rumours and musings 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of people think they will marry because they have been together for too long.

This is a nice change, Kate has been invited to Sandringham every year for donkey´s years and now it is her parents, perhaps like Kate, is supposed to have done, they will say they prefer to spend Christmas with Carole´s brother. Perhaps one day it will be true.
Then of course we have that "gem" the Queen and Prince Philip and Mr and Mrs Middleton have so much in common.

so in all these years, Kate's parents have never met the queen? or prince Charles?

Surely they have met previously, or they have have surely met Prince Charles.

William and Kate's ten day secret safari, now that is romantic and not at all boring. The pair have dancing eyes, not boring either. A long courtship? Why not? Most couple these days don't have children until after 30.

I agree the article had a very anti Kate bias, for example reporting that she '[h]ad to steel herself for a potentially tricky encounter with... three of his old flames." What nonsense, no one who is secure and confident in their relationship worries about meeting an ex-flame.
The article goes on "he ensured she stole the limelight..." I saw nothing about her outfit that suggested she was trying to 'steal the limelight.' Her dress was the same color as 'former flame' Olivia Hunt's but unlike Olivia's, Kate's dress was not super short or figure hugging. She looked very pretty, certainly much prettier and more polished than any of the 'former flames.' Olivia's looked a bit trashy, Jecca's like she was imitating the hippy era (I thought one does not wear a long skirt to a daytime wedding, btw) and Rose Farquhar's was certainly not flattering.
The article also notes "Kate did nothing to dampen speculation that a royal engagement is imminent." Huh? What was she supposed to do? Give a statement to the photographers that they weren't engaged? I suppose the fact that they arrived together fuels speculation - although there were several pictures of her walking alone and they were not holding hands.
Did anyone else notice that Jecca was holding a male's hand, wonder why they cropped him out of the picture?
I also wonder if K & W knew that there would be photographers there.

The article also notes "Kate did nothing to dampen speculation that a royal engagement is imminent." Huh? What was she supposed to do? Give a statement to the photographers that they weren't engaged? I suppose the fact that they arrived together fuels speculation - although there were several pictures of her walking alone and they were not holding hands.

I've never seen them holding hands, I haven't seen any royal couple in the BRF holding hands.

Did anyone else notice that Jecca was holding a male's hand, wonder why they cropped him out of the picture?
I also wonder if K & W knew that there would be photographers there.

They probably cut him out because they wanted a picture of Jecca, she's more newsworthy on her own. And that's a definete yes, press follow W&K everywhere and the fact that Kate has been seen in a '104' days.

Career wise KM has done nothing but wait on PW
PW doesn't care what the press thinks and lives his life
PH would always hold Chelsy's hand in public

Are we talking about Harry and Chelsy in the William and Kate thread to illustrate that there is no public displays affection between W and K?

Because we are veering off topic.

sorry Zonk.we got lost in the moment ..lol... lets see if we can find the very few of Will and Kate... they are a very diffrent couple.....

Yes, I don't believe that they show affection in public quite often. Perhaps that is why people question that depth of their feelings. I don't think that has every been the case for Harry and Chelsy.

I wonder if Wiliam is hesitant to show affection in public because he is the heir heir's as opposed to the heir's spare. And by not showing affection (we certainly don't need them slobbing each other down and such) he manages to maintain some control of his life.

IMO he's hesitant because he don't want it splashed all over the papers there has be occasions when they thought no one was looking and have been pictured kissing, with his arm around her...Im glad that he keeps his personal life behind closed doors.

That's a silly article. *shakes head* Why would Kate have to steel herself for the encounter at that wedding? She is clearly "with" William now. They seem to have settled down into a comfortable, fairly domestic relationship and nothing should be read into the fact they are not constantly pawing at each other than that they choose not to behave like that in public. We've seen shots of them being affectionate in private situations when they don't know they are being photographed.

I thought that the article was trying to undercut Kate's position in a way. References were married to the romantic status of the "three".
Kate by far looked the chic one there.Her hem for symmetry could have been three inches longer.I do not think that Wills can do better than Kate- So let's get the show on the road.
Instead of this entertainment after good time thing they are carrying on - the courstship that has no end in sight.It is time to announce.Or give an indication.

I really don't think that Kate in any way feels threatened or uncomfortable around any of William's ex girlfriends. I'd even be willing to bet that Kate is good friends with all 3 of them in one way or another.

What surprises me is that other than the Sun, no other article even mentioned tha when Wills and Kate went on the 10 day safari to Kenya, they supposedly stayed at a favorite spot of theirs.

"It is believed they returned to favourite destination Lewa Downs game reserve, owned by the family of the Prince's first love Jecca Craig."

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/royals/3193400/Prince-William-and-Kate-Middleton-had-a-secret-safari-hol.html#ixzz13VUWjc

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Kate revolves around not knowing what clothes appease. She may be a hidden jewel in plain sight planning what it is to become an essence of the awesomeness of devine right. Meaning I think she's no fool and waits for the people but doesn't serve them or caters to a relinquish of their plight. Their may be a mystery and a revealing to why she chooses what she does both in concerns to fashion and her living of expectancy. She may be a marvel and yet it is a mystery to me since I am kept in the shadows as to her making, her mannerism. I think she is a manifestation of accumulation after accumulation of wealth of regard and bestowing. In that sense she is not only potentially but hypothetically a Queen in the making and living just so. That to me is a mystery and an enchanting attraction to who she may be. Therefore I sit and listen to you in this Royal forum debacle and debate as to whom Kate Middleton or Prince William is. And I think they are both underestimated and uncalled to a clear certainty. Yes they relate to us and we see the dedication Will plays out in the military and we feel just like them but sometimes I think that maybe they are still unknown to us. In that sense I think I claim that Kathereign is not always subject to being shown in plain sight for who she is. Eminently and possibly the heir as Queen in shaping. She must be great or will for although one can make mistakes and error you may wonder why she and he are god's chosen in favor. I at least wonder. Maybe we are getting closer to find out. We shall see. For now I think we have to give her more credit as to who in particular she may ultimately be. But who knows? You make her seem like she's often dumb. I don't think. We will see at some point. Good luck whoever she may be.

They were on our evening news as well .. with the story of ready to wed and pictures from the weekend wedding...

Last edited by a moderator:
And I expect if William and Kate do get engaged and get married, she will definitely step up her wardrobe. She should have a block of engagements and events to fill her time. Hopefully, we wont' get those posts talking about how Kate changed (of course she did!) and now she is wearing this and that. She will be entering a new station of appearance, responsiblity and her clothes will reflect that. We will see more evening gowns, some new jewels, etc.

It will be like turning a caterpillar into a butterfly I think.
Kate Middleton I think is already quite a beautiful woman but as been noted many times, same hairstyle, same shoes, bland dresses etc. This woman is going to be designers and hairstylists dream. Puts me in mind of the makeover scene in the Princess Diaries.

I do believe that there is something here that indicates that perhaps they are ready to announce an engagement.
They're already neatly settled in Wales and its for the next 3 years that Wills is committed to SAR there. Then there is the fact that both William and Kate arrived at this past wedding together as couple and entered the church together. From my understanding, this is the first time they've done that. Announcing an engagement in early 2011 with a marriage that summer, it will be perfect to ease both of them into joint royal duties and appearances sporadically as for the main part, Wills will be on duty in Wales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom