The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2010, 12:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I feel bad for Carole Middleton- I can't believe the papers would give her such a hard time for wearing Kate's hat. For all we know it could be hers and Kate borrowed it last year!

Old 06-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Courtier

I never heard of the C.O.W mother or father being at a Christmas dinner with the Queen. I doubt we will see to much of them in the future even if Kate does marry William. Maybe when William is King...

Old 06-22-2010, 01:08 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
I never heard of the C.O.W mother or father being at a Christmas dinner with the Queen. I doubt we will see to much of them in the future even if Kate does marry William. Maybe when William is King...
No I doubt to be seeing them at any major functions.
Birthdays etc maybe.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, that's true; I hadn't thought of that! I find the Daily Mail so negative about so many people. They seem to have a particular "hate" for the Middletons and the Yorks, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I feel bad for Carole Middleton- I can't believe the papers would give her such a hard time for wearing Kate's hat. For all we know it could be hers and Kate borrowed it last year!
Old 06-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Nobility

True about the Daly Mail. I used to go over it on regular bases and found the Daily Mail reporters are full of snobbish comments for everything, more then the Royals themselves. Go figure...
Old 06-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Serene Highness

What a ludicrous article.

Do they think Kate is some kind of underage simpleton?
If the relationship doesn't suit her, she can leave anytime she wants to without prejudice.
She stays because she wants to. And if the latest rumour about her giving up her 'job' is true, she will have nobody but herself to blame for having 'wasted her youth' if the relationship flounders.

I also don't buy for a second the tale about Carole being bitter about the way her family is treated. What the Middletons have lost in term of privacy has been more than compensated by what they have gained in term of publicity for their businesses, elevated social status and connections. I'm sure they are not crying themselves to sleep over that.

Old 06-22-2010, 04:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
What a ludicrous article.

Do they think Kate is some kind of underage simpleton?
If the relationship doesn't suit her, she can leave anytime she wants to without prejudice.
She stays because she wants to. And if the latest rumour about her giving up her 'job' is true, she will have nobody but herself to blame for having 'wasted her youth' if the relationship flounders.
And if it doesn't flounder it still doesn't look good for her to be jobless. She's an educated young woman with, you would assume, tons of contacts. She's not doing herself any favors by sitting around doing nothing. What does it say about her? That it's OK to loll about and only do the work when she gets the engagement ring and enters the firm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel View Post
I also don't buy for a second the tale about Carole being bitter about the way her family is treated. What the Middletons have lost in term of privacy has been more than compensated by what they have gained in term of publicity for their businesses, elevated social status and connections. I'm sure they are not crying themselves to sleep over that.

Quite right. Even if they don't be come the future King's in-laws they'll be a lot better off then they were before Kate got with William.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:08 PM
Nobility

I think this article in The Mail Online full of BS, and they even don't represent the facts right. Here some bit and pieces of the above article in The Mail Online
"Not only should they have done more to make Kate more welcome, but they should also have learned from the criticism that they have quite rightly attracted down the years for the way they have treated non-royals who married into the family."....to make Kate more welcome on what way? give her an apartment in BP , or the Clarence House. I think she got invited on numerous occasions already to meat the Queen, including her parents. I recently got married and I didn't get invited to my parents in law house as much as she did, and they are not even married.
"And there is another problem: Prince Charles’s selfishness.
It is clear to me that he is increasingly unhappy at the idea of being upstaged by a more attractive generation of younger royals."..
...I think they should all stop bitching about Prince Charles. He has never said anything or done anything or made any comments for being upstaged.
" For his own sake and his girlfriend’s — and the country’s sake — it’s time he faced up to that"
For what sake?Why does William has to marry in this very moment for his country's sake like his country life depends on it?I know, we all want to see " the show" but, why someone should marry just to please the spectators expectations
"In addition, Kate will by that stage be 31 — many years older than most young women would quickly want to start a family".
oh, really? It looks like The Mail Online takes their facts from the past, since almost half of the married couples today are around age 30 and past that.
"Going back to William, he’s arrived at a point in his life when many of his predecessors, crown on head, fought battles and carved their name on the nation’s roll of honor."
- well, does the Mail Online want William to take part of a battle and prove himself worthy...probably so
"Certainly Carole and Michael Middleton, Kate’s long-suffering parents.."
Reading this 1st, I was scared that some of her family was suffering from a deadly illness only The Mail Online knew about lol....I still don't get where the suffering comes from. From her daughter not getting married at certain age? probably not....
"That is not an acceptable way for the royals to treat Kate Middleton — or their future subjects."
_ not acceptable? and what is the acceptable thing? ...according to The Mail Online, they don't know this either
Old 06-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Courtier

I think there is some truth in that article, mostly about the jealousy of Charles and Camilla. It's been said before, but we all know that once Kate is announced as his fiancee, she will become an overnight sensation worldwide. Youth and beauty are on her side...for now.
Old 06-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Royal Highness

Thinking about the two articles from today there might be some truth to some of the articles facts. They magazines are trying to make trouble for the couple. But I think we are overlooking that if Catherine Middleton has moved in with Prince William they will marry in the next few years. Ms. Middleton is only 28 and her biological clock is still a long way from over. Unless they have a major disagreement I see Catherine on her way to becoming Princess. I think all the pieces are fitting together. We know she will do charity work this year and more public roles. I even wonder if maybe she will accompany Prince William?
Old 06-22-2010, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't believe that Kate will make the splash that Diana. In some ways, it could be that she'll be more loved and respected OVER THE LONG TERM...especially if she remains faithful to William and is conscientious of her family-and-national responsibilities.

Given that Camilla is supposed to have a soothing way with Prince Charles, I don't think that he would be as jealous over his son and daughter-in-law as he allegedly was over his beautiful young first wife.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I think there is some truth in that article, mostly about the jealousy of Charles and Camilla. It's been said before, but we all know that once Kate is announced as his fiancee, she will become an overnight sensation worldwide. Youth and beauty are on her side...for now.
I can't see in any instance of where either Charles or Camilla.. especially Camilla would be jealous of Kate at all. Camilla, I think is most comfortable at home in the country mucking about in her old Wellingtons and I believe Charles is too rather than the parade of pomp and circumstance and flashbulbs popping in their faces. Once the inevitable happens, both Charles and Camilla are going to be in the world spotlight even more so than they are now.

Mainly I think both Camilla and Charles want for William what every parent on this earth wants.. their child to be happy and settled in their adult lives.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
I actually don't buy this at all. Charles and Camilla have very much entered the "retirement age" of life...and to think they would be in any way jealous of a young couple starting off seems ludicrous to me. Its not as if they have a huge profile at the moment even before the big engagement. I can't remember the last time he was featured in any major news articles or events... he seems to have very much retreated into the background, and perhaps thats they way they want it after years in the spotlight. The blessed calm before the storm.... as he may well yet be thrust into the spotlight of becoming King one day. What a prospect for a man in his sixties or perhaps even older when the time comes, if the genetics are anything to go by! If anything, he is probably sitting back and pondering the prospect of what is ahead for William and Kate and thinking....... God help them !! If they only knew what was coming.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't believe that Kate will make the splash that Diana. In some ways, it could be that she'll be more loved and respected OVER THE LONG TERM...especially if she remains faithful to William and is conscientious of her family-and-national responsibilities.
When Charles and Diana first got engaged, Diana was at that time pretty much an unknown to the media and there was a flurry to find out just who this "Shy Di" was, who her family is and all that hoopla. With Kate, its been a long term relationship where the press has been having a field day with her and her family for years already.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:06 PM
Commoner

Even though she does not seem to be quite as unsuitable as Diana was, I do not think William will EVER marry her - she will be the Camilla of the bext generation when he his forced to marry someone "suitable"
Old 06-22-2010, 08:16 PM
Nobility

Why do you think so, JonasBee? We all already know that William is very indecisive, and anyone else on Kate's place would put up the same wait, if not even more.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Courtier

Well, Kate just can go if she doesn´t want this condition any more. If she doesn´t it´ll be her own problem if she puts up with the current situation.
Old 06-22-2010, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen View Post
We all already know that William is very indecisive, and anyone else on Kate's place would put up the same wait, if not even more.
It is not just anyone who would do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonasbee
Even though she does not seem to be quite as unsuitable as Diana was, I do not think William will EVER marry her - she will be the Camilla of the next generation when he his forced to marry someone "suitable."
There is no comparison to Kate and Camilla in this context. Charles was not in a committed or monogamous relationship with Camilla in the 70s. They only got together as lovers and fell more in love after his marriage to Diana "irretrievably broke down." He dated all kinds of women between Camilla's marriage to APB and his own marriage to Diana. William's situation is completely different. William dated some different women in the university years, but then after xmas2003, or thereabouts, it was Kate, and they came out with their relationship with that ski trip in April 2004, and it's been Kate ever since, except for that very brief "cooling off period" in 2007. Kate never married someone else; William has not dated other women, despite the media's attempt to make Jecca into a rival for Kate. So I don't see a Camilla comparison in this context at all. Now if Kate goes off and marries.... van Straubenzee, and then William scoops up Jecca or someone else, marries her, and then gets together with Kate adulterously.... now that would be weird! lol
Old 06-22-2010, 09:00 PM
Nobility

Diana probably did not know what she was getting into when she married Charles. Kate will have the benefit of knowing what to expect as far as attention from the media and the public. She also knows what she can expect from William at this point.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Heir Apparent

How do we know that William is indecisive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by segolen View Post
We all already know that William is very indecisive, .