The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Gentry

Has Kate atteneded any official royal dinners?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
Has Kate atteneded any official royal dinners?

She has no reason to, she's not engaged to William at the present time. She was at his investiture as a Knight of the Garter, which I think was a pretty big deal, but aside from that.....no.

IF they get engaged at some point, then we'd start seeing her with William on official royal functions and she'd accompany him overseas if he has to go to any weddings/funerals/baptisms and the like.

"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
Gentry

I know this is a little off track.. but didnt princess Mary attend royal events before marriage?
Old 04-22-2010, 10:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice the goddess View Post
I know this is a little off track.. but didnt princess Mary attend royal events before marriage?

CPss Mary of Denmark? No, I don't believe she did. The first royal function of any kind we saw her at, was the engagement dinner at Christiansborg Palace. Before then, I believe Frederik attended royal functions alone or with his mother.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-22-2010, 10:24 PM
Gentry

Sorry i got a little confused :)
Old 04-23-2010, 01:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I like the Honeysuckle tiara more than the Girls of Great Britain tiara! As for the wearing the Spencer tiara, I think the last thing Kate wants on her big day are comparisons to Diana and I'm sure Diana wouldn't want that for her either. Maybe HM will have a special tiara made for Kate if not hopefully she'll be generous of what Kate can have from the vault.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 AM
Heir Apparent

This is my favourite tiara. It's delicate and pretty. Lovely for a bride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Holy Schnikies! Is this the one? If so it's sure striking!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_TU_1Wmmo6s.../gbi-tiara.jpg
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

If I were a person who believed in "luck", I'd say that there's an awful lot of BAD luck attached to the Spencer tiara. Better for William's bride to wear something from HM's vaults, I believe.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Courtier

I agree it dose look large in this pic but when you see it on Queen Mary's head or the Duchess of Gloucesers it does not look as large if not at the wedding, I would have liked to see it on her at some point although, I doubt it as it was givin to Alice, Duchess of Gloucester by Queen Mary..

http://www.angelfire.com/de3/verenas.../AliceGlo.html

or something like The Fife Tiara...mind you that I don't know whom has these Tiaras just that these are ones I like and could think of seeing on Kate....There was a smaller one I have seen but I can't find it now it was more like a headband very meek looking does anyone know of it ...Ive found it (ihre Tiara) with out the spikes on top...

When she was eighteen Princess Margaret borrowed a tiara from her grandmother Queen Mary. This diamond bandeau had lozenge-shaped motifs and was originally surmounted by 13 large oval oriental pearls set on spikes. By 1946, however, Queen Mary have removed the pearls. In September 1948, the eighteen-year-old Princess wore it when on one of her first offical engagements she represented King George VI at the Inauguration of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands in Amsterdam, the Dutch equivalent of a coronation". Perfect for a new princess ...Meek with History behind it....
http://www.royal-magazin.de/england/...mary-tiara.htm
Old 04-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by THELOSTONE View Post
That looks too much for kate...just stating the size of her head....and personal I think she shouldn't wear a tiara into after the wedding it would diffrent or if she doesn't maybe something smaller
Kate does have a large head, I think that is why she wears her hair the way she does, but perhaps she won´t need a tiara at all.
Princess Margaret was tiny but the huge tiara she wore for her wedding looked gorgeous.
Camilla can wear a large tiara, we have seen that.
Anyway it is a case of "Much to do about nothing" and a ring has to go on a certain finger first.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ann View Post
or something like The Fife Tiara...mind you that I don't know whom has these Tiaras just that these are ones I like and could think of seeing on Kate...
The Honeysuckle Tiara is owned by the Duke of Gloucester and the Fife Tiara is owned by the Duke of Fife; neither will be worn by William's bride.
As far as we know Queen Mary's bandeau tiaras are in the Buckingham Palace vaults along with a couple of dozen others.
There are plenty of long-unseen tiaras available if HM chooses to delve into the vaults and dust one off.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:07 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I would love to see her in something newly created.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
Anyway it is a case of "Much to do about nothing" and a ring has to go on a certain finger first.

We know that, but it's fun to speculate anyway.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The Honeysuckle Tiara is owned by the Duke of Gloucester and the Fife Tiara is owned by the Duke of Fife; neither will be worn by William's bride.
As far as we know Queen Mary's bandeau tiaras are in the Buckingham Palace vaults along with a couple of dozen others.
There are plenty of long-unseen tiaras available if HM chooses to delve into the vaults and dust one off.

Thanks Warren, I knew the Gloucester's had the Honeysuckle... Im hope that she will pick a good one...
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

The engagement speculation in the UK press seems to have quietened down now - the election and travellers stuck abroad seem to be the main things at the moment!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Lady Ann I thought that they don't choose the tiara that they want but that it is a presetn. So she wouldn't have any choice no?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
I thought that they don't choose the tiara that they want but that it is a presetn. So she wouldn't have any choice no?
It is most likely she will be given a tiara as a present, which she will wear. But if she isn't, I think certain tiara's maybe suggested and she will have a choice of them.
It of course would have to match her dress.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Courtier

I think that they will give her a tiara before they design their dress. That's a good question if there is a wedding, who will be the designer?

In another time I would say that Mcqueen should be the choice but right now no idea.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Lady Ann I thought that they don't choose the tiara that they want but that it is a presetn. So she wouldn't have any choice no?

Im sorry, I was referring to HM choosing a nice tiara for William's birde not Kate or anyone else choosing for themself....
Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I think that they will give her a tiara before they design their dress. That's a good question if there is a wedding, who will be the designer?

In another time I would say that Mcqueen should be the choice but right now no idea.

It seems that when commoners (non-royals) marry into a royal family and they use a designer from that country to design their dress. I know that CPss Mary of Denmark had her dress made by a Danish designer....I'm not sure if Princess Maxima used a Dutch designer, because I think I heard her dress was made by Valentino.

I think that Kate would probably have her dress made by a British designer, but someone with an eye toward something more classical/simple than Alexander McQueen, who couldn't do the dress anyway as he's deceased.

Closed Thread